BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2013 10:04 pm  #161

Re: The Sherlock Holmes Riddle

Thanks for the hint with the lower case letter - I would be lost without you!

Last edited by Lily (February 23, 2013 10:04 pm)

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 23, 2013 10:05 pm  #162

You're welcome. Did it work?

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

February 23, 2013 10:07 pm  #163

Yes!

The hint for the next riddle is not really helpful, though... 'What's the name of this riddle?' :/

February 23, 2013 10:10 pm  #164

Yes, I know it's not. I didn't really use that. But I can't remeber exactly what that one is about. Will you remind me?

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."

February 23, 2013 10:13 pm  #165

You have to find out where the magnifying glass is.

February 23, 2013 10:17 pm  #166

Ah. yes. Actually, now that I think of it, the hint is quite useful. I just didn't get it at the time and I noticed the, well thing without the hint anyway. But it says "What's the title of this riddle" which is The magnifying glass, I presume. So, perhaps you're going to need the... services of a magnifying glass, or in this case, zoom, wouldn't you think?

Last edited by Sparrow (February 23, 2013 10:17 pm)

February 23, 2013 10:20 pm  #167

Oh yes I did get it, thanks. So now I'm joining you being stuck on chapter nine. Sea maiden???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

February 23, 2013 10:21 pm  #168

Yes, sea maiden/ What's a sea maiden? All you have to do is google it. 

February 23, 2013 10:24 pm  #169

The last letter? Hmmm
In Latin O means I on the end of a verb...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

February 23, 2013 10:25 pm  #170

Hmm maybe you should take that more litterally and don't overthink it.

February 23, 2013 10:29 pm  #171

What, have you solved it already?

February 24, 2013 8:55 am  #172

Molly Hooper wrote:

What, have you solved it already?

No, but I solved that bit. I have everything I need, I just can't find the proper cipher. 

February 24, 2013 9:45 am  #173

Okay, so can you help me with the last-letter thing. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 

February 24, 2013 9:47 am  #174

It's the 26th letter. I can't say more than that without actually telling you the letter. 

February 24, 2013 9:50 am  #175

Yay! I've got the letter. Though as far as I can tell it doesn't help me at all, does it?? 

February 24, 2013 9:56 am  #176

Well, now you have the key, the keyword and the word to be deciphered. You just need to find the right cipher. Which I haven't been able to. So if you have any ideas, they're most welcome. I've looked online and apparently it's a very obvious cipher. 

Last edited by Sparrow (February 24, 2013 9:57 am)

February 24, 2013 10:04 am  #177

Maybe it's one of those were you swap the letters 'round.

February 24, 2013 10:13 am  #178

You mean like reading it backwards?

February 24, 2013 10:24 am  #179

Not exactly. I was more thinking of where you use the alphabet. Like a caesar cipher but using Z.

February 24, 2013 10:26 am  #180

I see. have you tried?

Board footera