BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2013 9:21 pm  #141

Re: The Sherlock Holmes Riddle

Sparrow, I'm stuck again! (Chapter 8) I have absolutely No Idea what to do. So I wondered if you could be clever again??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

February 23, 2013 9:22 pm  #142

Yes, it is rather late.

Which one is the third one? The one where you have to figure out how to prepare the chemical? If you've got the letters, then just use an anagram solver. It's what I did.

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

February 23, 2013 9:27 pm  #143

Yes, it is.
I did that but either I've got the wrong letters or I just don't understand the meaning of the words as none of the solutions given by the anagram solver makes sense to me.
I don't have a calculator here, so I might have made a mistake with the letters.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 23, 2013 9:29 pm  #144

What letters did you get?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

February 23, 2013 9:29 pm  #145

Tell me the letters you found.

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."

February 23, 2013 9:30 pm  #146

I F C L A O A N C U

February 23, 2013 9:31 pm  #147

What were you saying about psychics, Molly?

Did you manage to get through 8?

@Lily, those are the wrong letters just one single letter wrong.

February 23, 2013 9:31 pm  #148

There are 12 letters, not 10

February 23, 2013 9:32 pm  #149

Whoa, creepy!! 
No, I'm still totally, amazingly, utterly stumped. Can you be clever again?

February 23, 2013 9:34 pm  #150

Yes, I can, Is it the one with the 14 letters and the 2 heads?

And yes, there are 12 letters. So you're missing 2 and you got one wrong. 

February 23, 2013 9:37 pm  #151

What is 8 - 7?
Isn't a 7 on a calculator just an L upside down? But that doesn't make a letter...

February 23, 2013 9:38 pm  #152

Yep, that's the one!

February 23, 2013 9:40 pm  #153

Ah, that one was so obvious. Notice how one head is upside down? There are 14 letters and only 7 dials, so you only need seven letters. Which ones do you pick? Well, one head's right side up, one's upside down, so that makes you think about... maybe skipping letters?

February 23, 2013 9:42 pm  #154

Lily wrote:

What is 8 - 7?
Isn't a 7 on a calculator just an L upside down? But that doesn't make a letter...

It does. But it's a lower case letter. Which is why it's a bit trickier. 

February 23, 2013 9:42 pm  #155

Yeah, obvious... Skipping letters is the first thing I think about when I see an upside-down gorgon!! 

February 23, 2013 9:45 pm  #156

It's the first thing I thought of. Did it work?

February 23, 2013 9:46 pm  #157

No

I tried acegikm but I don't think that right...

February 23, 2013 9:51 pm  #158

Well, of course. You need to anagram that.

February 23, 2013 9:56 pm  #159

Yeah, of course I knew that, I was just testing...
;)

February 23, 2013 9:58 pm  #160

Right, so did you get it?

Board footera