BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2012 12:03 pm  #101

Re: The Sherlock Holmes Riddle

MAJOR SPOILER WARNING

ok you are looking for Sunday's timetable; the bottom one.

So they leave at the times in line with Paddington on Sunday (8;00 8;57. 9;57 etc)
And the bottom line where it says Plymouth we can read what time each one gets there. So simply by working out how long each one takes, we see that the 10:57 one is the fastest.
(more to follow)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 12:06 pm  #102

MAJOR SPOILER WARNING

Now that time doesn't work huh?
Ok, we say to ourselves, we've missed something.
Go back & LOOK at the picture. Any hints to any possible addresses there?

Hmmmm .... I can see numbers and letters ????

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 12:12 pm  #103

MAJOR SPOILER WARNING

5553 TXT?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 30, 2012 12:14 pm  #104

MAJOR SPOILER WARNING

hmm, that looks like it could have a dot in between and be part of an address huh?
A text file maybe.. that'd be .txt ... hmmmm

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 12:18 pm  #105

Text File??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 30, 2012 12:21 pm  #106

SUPER DOOPER MAJOR SPOILER WARNING

so put those together & you are going to pop " 5553.txt" somewhere.
You have the first page with the story of catching the train up?

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 12:23 pm  #107

Yes!!! Kazza, you're totally AMAZING!
The patience of a saint!
Thank you SO much!!!

(You'll know I'll probably be stuck on the next one in about 2 minutes )

June 30, 2012 12:26 pm  #108

Yep. .txt is a type of file like .htm or .jpg

What might that suggest?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

June 30, 2012 12:27 pm  #109

It's got text in it??

June 30, 2012 12:40 pm  #110

Haha sorry - I am on my phone and thought I was at the end of the thread when actually it had just gone on to a new page so my reply is late.

And in answer to that, a text file is literally text. No formatting at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

June 30, 2012 12:43 pm  #111

Thanks, Wholocked, I'll stick that in my Mind-Palace!

June 30, 2012 2:35 pm  #112

Yes! I almost got through a whole level without needing help! (OK, but I did just read the help you gave to Wholocked!)
I've got the word but then it does this:

SPOILER

and I have no idea what to make of that!!

June 30, 2012 5:42 pm  #113

SPOILER WARNING

that's good, now follow the instructions.
It is telling you what to try.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 5:54 pm  #114

DOOFUS!
(said while standing in front of mirror!)

Thanks Kazza

June 30, 2012 8:48 pm  #115

******SPOILER******

OK, the co-ordinates, how?

July 10, 2012 5:52 am  #116

yes,  HOW?   and no,  I  haven't even gotten thru the first page of this riddle yet.   I  know I shouldn't give up,  but....well...I'll sleep on it  then give it a try  tomorrow.  after all tmw's another day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

February 22, 2013 3:29 pm  #117

This is such a cool game. I got to question 9 but I can't figure out which cipher I'm supposed to use. I've tried every one I could think of to no avail. 

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

February 23, 2013 7:06 pm  #118

I'm really stuck on chapter 7. I think the little people are some type of code but I can't qork out what letters they form.

February 23, 2013 7:48 pm  #119

You can solve chapter 7 without cracking the men cipher. It is actually a cipher from the canon. But I didn't find it very useful. 

I just can't find the proper cipher for 9 and it's driving me mad. 

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

February 23, 2013 7:56 pm  #120

I'm still stuck!

Do you think maybe you could give me a tiny clue?? 

Board footera