BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 29, 2012 9:40 pm  #81

Re: The Sherlock Holmes Riddle

I've clicked on it but I don't see any addresses

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 29, 2012 9:42 pm  #82

in the address bar up the top .... you know where you type www.dopeyanswers.com   or whatever

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 29, 2012 9:43 pm  #83

the address had "timetable1" in it  ? What would the next one be then? change the number

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 29, 2012 11:20 pm  #84

Kazza you are a genius! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 29, 2012 11:27 pm  #85

I know

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 29, 2012 11:57 pm  #86

kazza474 wrote:

I know

And that's as modest as she gets. 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 30, 2012 12:01 am  #87

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 1:58 am  #88

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

I know

ROFLMAO

Oh and just as an update still stuck on Chapter 6. If there's something in the text or whatever that tells me where/how to find "Holmes crossword clue" then I'm totally missing it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

June 30, 2012 2:42 am  #89

kazza474 wrote:

the address had "timetable1" in it  ? What would the next one be then? change the number

BY this stage you should have found a timetable & found the fastest train. Now remember in Chapter 1 we were told 'today' is Saturday, so we are looking for the fastest train on a Sunday from Plymouth to Paddington.

Try putting that time just as a number into the URL of the Chapter 5 page.

You again will find its not quite right, lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 2:58 am  #90

Wholocked wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

I know

ROFLMAO

Oh and just as an update still stuck on Chapter 6. If there's something in the text or whatever that tells me where/how to find "Holmes crossword clue" then I'm totally missing it

I have't forgotten you, I am desperately trying to remember where to you type "holmescrosswordclue" into the adress, and you change the jpg to something else... i think. omg I can't remember lol

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 3:24 am  #91

I tried that. Tried it with htm, html, txt, png, pdf, gif, rtf....nada

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 30, 2012 3:28 am  #92

Yes but you have 3 pages you could use it on, the hint one, the one that generates when you click on the page source link " crosswordclue.jpg"  or the main one. I'll go back & try & remember lol

On the hint one (when you click on the silhouette), pop it in that address; then highlight the page.

Last edited by kazza474 (June 30, 2012 3:32 am)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 3:45 am  #93

Wholocked wrote:

Try taking the clue literally: put in "holmescrosswordclue" before your ".htm" in the address of the main chapter page.

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 30, 2012 4:01 am  #94

kazza474 wrote:

then highlight the page.

OHO tricky! I'm on firefox so I don't get the 404 Error page, just a blank white screen so I just assumed it was another 404!

I'm no closer to an answer but at least I have a new clue to work from LMAO

Thanks guys

June 30, 2012 4:07 am  #95

I used a crossword puzzle solver and got the answer. Pretty clever. You could get it with a LOT of thought just from the clue itself, but that would put you on Sherlock's level, or close to it...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 30, 2012 4:19 am  #96

Tantalus wrote:

I used a crossword puzzle solver and got the answer. Pretty clever. You could get it with a LOT of thought just from the clue itself, but that would put you on Sherlock's level, or close to it...

Well that's what cryptic clues are like. I would probably have gotten it eventually but I used the solver lol. Once I saw it  I had an Italian flashback moment.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 5:48 am  #97

OH there's a cryptic crossword solver? Thank god! I am USELESS at cryptic crosswords!

*goes to look*

June 30, 2012 5:54 am  #98

i posted a link to one earlier .

no one ever listens to me , lol

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 30, 2012 6:07 am  #99

OMG! I would NOT have solved that without a cryptic crossword solver thing. This is why I dislike cryptic crosswords - though maybe I just need practice!

Edit: You posted one earlier? I found the anagram solver link but didn't see a cryptic crossword one. Anyways, Chapter 7 here I come!

Last edited by Wholocked (June 30, 2012 6:09 am)

June 30, 2012 11:49 am  #100

kazza474 wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

BY this stage you should have found a timetable & found the fastest train. Now remember in Chapter 1 we were told 'today' is Saturday, so we are looking for the fastest train on a Sunday from Plymouth to Paddington.

Try putting that time just as a number into the URL of the Chapter 5 page.

You again will find its not quite right, lol.

Can I just ask, how did you know that the times weren't right?
Also, I sort of have absolutely no idea how to read timetables, is it 12:06?
I've tried 12:07 and stuff but... is there something I'm not getting here??

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

Board footera