BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2012 2:37 pm  #21

Re: Thought for the day!

arrowroot?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 7, 2012 2:51 pm  #22

Davina wrote:

I must ask...how on EARTH can Twiglets make you violent?

It's a quote from a show I liked in the UK. Here's a link to the part if you want to see it.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 7, 2012 3:27 pm  #23

My thought for the day is:

WHY HAS IT BEEN RAINING ALL DAY?

Oh oh oh, and what would happen if Sherlock was out in the rain? His coat doesn't have a hood on and he never carries an umbrella!! He'd just get wet.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 7, 2012 3:37 pm  #24

Imagine Benedict with wet hair!

And, yes, it's been raning a lot here, too!

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 7, 2012 8:43 pm  #25

Thanks for the arrowroot biscuit Molly, very kind. Would you mind making a cup of coffee now. White no sugar. I'll be upstairs. Lol

Yay! The rain has stopped! Sadly too late to prevent me getting wet, yet again, today!

m0r the link won't work for me. just comes up with video not available.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 7, 2012 8:52 pm  #26

You on that funny looking Apple tablet thingy again?

Click here and skip to (the end) 22 mins and 57 seconds on the timeline.

Hope that works

-m0r

June 7, 2012 8:54 pm  #27

Argghhhhh! The bl----y thing still won't work!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 7, 2012 9:01 pm  #28

Well it's from an episode of 'Spaced' which aired in the UK during 1999.

Simon Pegg cracks a joke about not being able to eat Twiglets.

It's funnier when it's not being explained

-m0r

June 8, 2012 9:38 am  #29

Davina!!
Language, Please!

Here's your coffee...

Let that calm your nerves but remember:
You may be my moderator but I'm not your housekeeper! 

June 8, 2012 12:57 pm  #30

Thank you dear! I'm going to try and find the unworkable link for spaced. Custard cream if you've got one!

June 8, 2012 1:00 pm  #31

Not you Housekeeper! 

June 8, 2012 1:09 pm  #32

m0r when you are awake can you let me know exactly which video it is on YouTube and then I can watch it because I can't find it!   

June 8, 2012 4:19 pm  #33

Bit of a hangover this fine...afternoon(!).

If there is a YouTube 'app' you should search for "Spaced 1.3 Art".

Better still you should hit a 'Fopp' and buy the complete two series for about a fiver.

Spaced; Simon Pegg, Jessica Hynes (Née Stephenson), Mark Heap, Nick Frost and a whole bunch of others (Including Mark Gatiss!).

-m0r

June 8, 2012 5:21 pm  #34

Thank you kind Sir. Hangover? Blaghh! Hair of the dog then? Or would it have to be the hair of a gigantic hound?

June 8, 2012 5:25 pm  #35

Got to attend a leaving do later this evening and so shall have to stay away from any bibbage until then.

But yes, thoroughly tempting at this point.

-m0r

June 8, 2012 8:56 pm  #36

Thought for the day… hmmm…. I think here's the right place to say this:

I've been enjoying it so much to be with you here for the last four months.
You are all so witty, intelligent, kind and enthusiastic – it's really a joy to discuss things with you, things I can hardly discuss with anyone in real life. It's impossible to convey someone the magic of Sherlock unless one has experienced it by oneself. I don't have to look hard for those people – here I find you!
Thank you for this!
(And thanks for being patient with me and my funny English.)

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 8, 2012 9:05 pm  #37

That really was a lovely thought, tobe, far more deep than vegemite.
I think we've squeezed pretty much all we can out of this rather shallow topic, would you like to choose another?

June 8, 2012 9:11 pm  #38

Call Vegemite shallow? Jam is.
No, it's fine, Molly. Just wanted to put my thoughts somewhere.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 8, 2012 9:46 pm  #39

Aww! Tobe, that's really sweet of you. Your English is ausgezeichnet.

June 8, 2012 9:55 pm  #40

Davina wrote:

Aww! Tobe, that's really sweet of you. Your English is ausgezeichnet.

Bless you. Need a tissue?

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

Board footera