BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2013 4:32 pm  #41

Re: What music do you hear?

I'm listening to Evanescence and Disturbed, when I'm at mood. Usually I listen to Hip Hop, german and american, or soundtracks from different series.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 9, 2013 10:00 pm  #42

I must say I enjoy some of the Hip Hop and Rap that my son plays, especially some of the French rap. I also admire much of Macklemore's work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 9, 2013 11:04 pm  #43

Davina wrote:

I must say I enjoy some of the Hip Hop and Rap that my son plays, especially some of the French rap. I also admire much of Macklemore's work.

Hehe :D
I must say it's of course not for everyone, but for me this kind of music is honest. I don't like the whole mainstream à la Katy Perry, Rihanna, whoever...

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 10, 2013 1:11 pm  #44

My son really likes Drake as well. Daughter is the Macklemore fan (she's even had a Tweet from him...excited much? Nah!  )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 11, 2013 6:28 pm  #45

I listen to a wide range of rock... really everything with someone singing, and someone holding a guitar.   Also, the occasional bit of other genres.

January 16, 2013 4:21 pm  #46

I like rock the best. Some of my favourite bands are Green Day, Rise Against, Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy (oh, how I miss FOB), My Chemical Romance, etc.
I also like a couple of artists that are completely different in genre: Owl City, Mika (most of his work), Fun, Adam Lambert, etc.
Then there are the broadway musicals Mostly 'Wicked'. And Glee, of course.
And then the complete opposite of my 'rock music': Disney classics Love Disney songs.
I also like movie soundtracks by Hans Zimmer. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

January 16, 2013 4:38 pm  #47

Mary Me wrote:

I don't like the whole mainstream � la Katy Perry, Rihanna, whoever...

Same here. Very few songs that I like sometimes. That's why it's really hard to bear that we have a radio in the office.....   All the same the whole day long..............................................................

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 21, 2013 11:18 pm  #48

Bob dylan, dire straits,  johnny cash also metal like nightwish or within temptation, indie rock, also celtic music like enya or gwyneth glyn, and soundtracks if they are epic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

January 22, 2013 7:09 am  #49

Maybe I'm one of the few that enjoy hip-hop/rap. They're one of my favorite genres. I listen to almost everything - rock, metal, jazz, blues, soundtrack, pop - depends on my mood. I don't really like the current mainstream artists that are out - I rarely like a song by them.

January 23, 2013 6:25 pm  #50

ShadyBaggins wrote:

Maybe I'm one of the few that enjoy hip-hop/rap. They're one of my favorite genres. I listen to almost everything - rock, metal, jazz, blues, soundtrack, pop - depends on my mood. I don't really like the current mainstream artists that are out - I rarely like a song by them.

Yay! Another one!

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 25, 2013 1:38 am  #51

I mostly listen to indie rock or alternative rock. I don't really have many favorite bands, my music collection is a mix of many different interpreters. Oddly enough I get into most songs via fanvideos. I watch a lot of those on Youtube and I already found so many great songs by doing so. The only 'negative' side effect is that I can barely listen to any song without seeing scenes from Sherlock because  I always make the connection to those videos. ;)

Some examples of bands/interpreters that I like are The xx, Placebo, Muse, Massive Attack, The Script, The Fray, Andrew Bird, Dillon, Florence and the Machine, Of Monsters and Men, Marina and the Diamonds, Mumford and Sons, Blackmail, Ellie Goulding and Owl City.

Last edited by Lily (February 25, 2013 1:40 am)

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 25, 2013 9:24 am  #52

Lily wrote:

I mostly listen to indie rock or alternative rock. I don't really have many favorite bands, my music collection is a mix of many different interpreters. Oddly enough I get into most songs via fanvideos. I watch a lot of those on Youtube and I already found so many great songs by doing so.

I can stand you so well. Same thing with me. Through those fanvidos, it even happens that I am beginning to like the songs I had not liked previously, but I can make a connection then and suddenly it makes sense. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

February 25, 2013 10:45 pm  #53

Mary Me wrote:

Lily wrote:

I mostly listen to indie rock or alternative rock. I don't really have many favorite bands, my music collection is a mix of many different interpreters. Oddly enough I get into most songs via fanvideos. I watch a lot of those on Youtube and I already found so many great songs by doing so.

I can stand you so well. Same thing with me. Through those fanvidos, it even happens that I am beginning to like the songs I had not liked previously, but I can make a connection then and suddenly it makes sense. 

It's the same with me!

Last edited by Lily (February 25, 2013 10:45 pm)

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

March 28, 2013 11:47 pm  #54

I don't know if I've said this before,  but I really  like Celtic Thunder and Celtic Woman  music groups.   I've seen  most of their  programs on  My  PBS  stations.   I  did rent some dvds that I hadn't seen,  but  those weren't captioned or subtitled.   But I enjoy their songs,  thanks to the captioning thru PBS,  and their songs are contemporary  I think.   Isle of Tears, Isle of Hope  is the one about Ellis Island.  I  loved CT's New special,  called Mythology.   Keith Harkin reminds me of John Denver.     

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

April 2, 2013 5:24 am  #55

Haha. I thought this was going to be one of those "What are you listening to now?" threads and was going to tell you all about how I was watching Judge Judy. Which I've ended up doing regardless, heh.

As for favourite artists, my musical taste is a little all over the place. I was raised on country and trucking music, while also having a tase for classical as I used to play piano growing up, I also love metal of all sorts, although melodic metal is probably one of my favourite genres (European folk metal - eg Ensiferum, Turisas, Eluveitie, etc), and I also quite enjoy kpop. I also like Il Divo.

So...if I had to list some artists...

Sonata Arctica
Turisas
Eluveitie
AFI
Avenged Sevenfold (pre-City of Evil)
Ensiferum
Moonsorrow
Kamelot
Super Junior
SHINee
LEDApple
Block B

Etc and so on.

------------------------------------------
There's no shortcut to a dream. It's all blood and sweat and life is what you manage in between.

April 2, 2013 3:31 pm  #56

Really enjoy Bastille. Introduced to him, as usual, by my daughter.

May 7, 2013 4:40 pm  #57

I mainly listen to singer/songwriter, folk, indie, etc. music.
At the moment that includes singers/bands like Marcus Foster, Johnny Flynn, Ben Howard, Matthew & the Atlas, Joker & the Thief (oh that saxophone!) , Laura Marling, Noah & the Whale, Josh Ritter (great storyteller), Dan Mangan, Youth Group, Decemberists, Long Winters, Band of Horses, Catherine Feeny, Joe Purdy, Lisa  Hannigan, Damien Rice, Eels, Frightened Rabbit, Angus & Julia Stone, Bright Eyes, Shout Out Louds, Wilco . . . just to name a few  

I never listen to the radio and always buy the CD as I don't like mp3 . 

Last edited by mara (May 7, 2013 4:42 pm)

June 19, 2013 4:01 pm  #58

I'm young (14 ;) but I like (now) oldschool music. My favourites are: Pearl Jam, U2, Jeff Buckley, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana... I don't like techno, disco, hip hop...      
Cassical music? I'm not into it, but when I hear this kind of music I am a bit thoughtful ;)

I'm sorry that the only think I talk about anymore is BBC Sherlock, but not sorry enough to stop.

October 12, 2013 7:36 pm  #59

My favourite group is Blackmore's Night (wikipedia says it's traditional folk rock) I love them they're amazing!!!

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

January 8, 2014 7:23 pm  #60

I like movie soundtracks the most, followed by slow music from the 80's and 90's. I hear what I like, there are some modern songs, too, or really old ones.

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥
                                                              and I ship Johnlock harder than Mrs. Hudson ;-)

Board footera