BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2014 9:11 pm  #61

Re: Who is your favourite character (not Sherlock or John)?

VaticanCameoBrooch wrote:

Mycroft.  He's funny. He's smart.  My dog is named after him.  

Hahaha. I always thought it'd be a great name for a horse. Like a big Frisian gelding or a draft horse. 

January 11, 2014 10:26 pm  #62

Molly.  I just adore her, and she's like the polar opposite of Sherlock.  It's a beautiful contrast and just so well done.  I love her.

January 11, 2014 10:36 pm  #63

SherlockianToDeath wrote:

Molly.  I just adore her, and she's like the polar opposite of Sherlock.  It's a beautiful contrast and just so well done.  I love her.

This is an interesting way of looking at her. I never thought about that.

You know what they say about opposites attratching...?

January 12, 2014 6:10 am  #64

silverblaze wrote:

VaticanCameoBrooch wrote:

Mycroft.  He's funny. He's smart.  My dog is named after him.  

Hahaha. I always thought it'd be a great name for a horse. Like a big Frisian gelding or a draft horse. 

I've not got any reall knowledge on horses.  I'll have to google those breeds.  Is there a reason you'd perfer a large horse?

Here's my Mycroft:

January 12, 2014 7:44 am  #65

Oh my god!  He looks just like my friends dog, he's so cute!

January 12, 2014 9:33 am  #66

Haha, that's tiny, so sweet. 

It's the way Stephen Fry pronounced Mycroft that made me think of a large draft horse. Friesians are black horses, bit Spanish, bit draft, with a lot of hair on the legs. You see them a lot in films.

Seems that we have opposite associations. I think of a huge horse, you think of a tinly little dog. 

January 12, 2014 9:39 am  #67

Except Sherlock and John, I like Molly and Mrs. Hudson best

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥
                                                              and I ship Johnlock harder than Mrs. Hudson ;-)

January 20, 2014 6:41 pm  #68

Another vote for Molly Hooper. She's a perfect balance for Sherlock's dry intelligence. She's bright but warm. empathic, and concerned. Her facial expressions and little utterances are perfect.

Last edited by Pimpernel Smith (January 21, 2014 5:00 pm)

January 20, 2014 6:47 pm  #69

Think I didn't write here so far. For me definitely Mycroft! Even more after S3. He convinced me more than ever.

Last edited by gently69 (January 20, 2014 6:48 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 20, 2014 7:47 pm  #70

Mrs Hudson - she is the glue that holds it all together, without her Sherlock would never survive

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

February 7, 2014 9:08 pm  #71

I thought Andrew Scott's Moriarty was a great character, very Joker-esque. After that, Lestrade!!

February 8, 2014 5:45 pm  #72

I think I'll say Molly. I can completely see myself in her so yes it is a very selfish pick!

I especially love how her development is going; she could have forgotten all about her love for Sherlock but she couldn't stop caring... I am really fond of the scenes where she slaps Sherlock! I have wanted to do that so many times with the things he put her through. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera