BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2012 1:50 pm  #21

Re: Hi from Germany

Davina, you can buy them from amazon.de.

"Just up my Straße" - how sweet! 
Genau meine Tasse Tee ... in German you would say: "Genau mein Ding!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 7, 2012 1:52 pm  #22

That's wunderbar! Thank you and I'm glad you liked my little funny.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 7, 2012 2:14 pm  #23

I am really happy I found this forum. Finally meeting people who are just as crazy as I am about Sherlock. In Germany it is not so easy to find real aficionados. I just met three people who asked when seeing my T-shirts (yes, I had to get myself a second one) what all the hype was about or said they did not like it at all . Good to be here.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 9, 2012 1:44 am  #24

Welcome to the forum = ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

June 9, 2012 2:03 pm  #25

Hi Susi,
just back from the book store with "Die Sprache der Schatten" in my bag.
Now I'll  have to devide my spare time into Sherlocking, watching European Championships football matches (EURO 2012) and reading.
Looking forward to it!

btw: In the book store I really had to fight the temptation to place an "I believe in Sherlock" post-it onto "your" pile of books...
No - don't be afraid - I didn't. Instead I went to the Sherlock Holmes section ... as always...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 12, 2012 4:23 pm  #26

Hi tobeornot221b,

sorry, I read your answer only now. I am very happy you discovered my book and hope you will like it - although this one is no crime story. And btw - I would not have minded the post-it - being a believer myself 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 12, 2012 8:48 pm  #27

Hi Susi,
"Die Sprache der Schatten" was the only book in stock (no, that would be SAD as it was a BOOK store, I mean the only available book written by YOU!) -
that's why I bought it. Started reading on my balcony in the sun last Sunday and I considered it a perfect match.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 12, 2012 8:51 pm  #28

SusiGo wrote:

Thanks for the nice welcome. This is really the first time I just NEEDED to join a fan forum. There must be some magic in this show  .

Oh, me too! It's the first and only one I've ever joined. I'm glad we both found it.

June 13, 2012 3:43 pm  #29

Hi Tobe, maybe you could translate Susi's book and post it here. page by page. Actually, that's probably illegal, I'm not sure!

And Susi, if your books do get translated into English, you have a readymade audience here. Especially if they were available to download to a Kindle!!!!!
Okay, I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, I just love to discover a new author and the idea of being able to discuss a book directly with the author, well, that would be nearly as good as marrying BC (I did say NEARLY as good as)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 13, 2012 4:26 pm  #30

Hi hepzibah,
I'm sure Susi would be absolutely fine without my help - finally she's a translator whereas I'm... well...not exactly a mistress of the English language.
English and I have a ... difficult relationship as you might call it  - a rather one-sided love affair.
Hey Susi, why not translate your own book? In this case you would be able to dub yourself.
(Imagine Benedict was given the chance to be the German speaker of Sherlock on our TV ... what an amazing thought!)

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 13, 2012 5:07 pm  #31

Oh, you are simply great!! But, sorry, literary translators only translate into their native language so I only do English-German. Some years ago I was invited by the University of Exeter. I went to a German lecture where the students translated passages of my first novel "Leo Berlin". I was absolutely awed because they came up with wonderful English solutions that would never have occurred to me.
Maybe you could start a campaign with British publishers to buy my books and have them translated  .
And, er, as I admitted in another thread on this page I could very well picture BC as my 1920s Berlin cop Leo Wechsler. Dark hair, sometimes a bit melancholic, widowed father of two with a complicated private life ... yes, definitely … have to think about it …   

Last edited by SusiGo (June 13, 2012 5:10 pm)

June 13, 2012 6:15 pm  #32

hepzibah wrote:

Hi Tobe, maybe you could translate Susi's book and post it here. page by page. Actually, that's probably illegal, I'm not sure!

And Susi, if your books do get translated into English, you have a readymade audience here. Especially if they were available to download to a Kindle!!!!!
Okay, I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, I just love to discover a new author and the idea of being able to discuss a book directly with the author, well, that would be nearly as good as marrying BC (I did say NEARLY as good as)

Love my Kindle. I'm carrying around all 60 (?) Sherlock stories with me.

Last edited by veecee (June 13, 2012 6:16 pm)

June 14, 2012 2:41 pm  #33

Yeh, Susi, I can see BC in that role, imagine the suits! OMG, I really want to read the books now! Maybe I will have to learn to read German.

Veecee, I have all (I think) of the ACD stories on my Kindle (my happy place) and I have also downloaded some Sherlock fanfic from Archive of Our Own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 14, 2012 6:20 pm  #34

hepzibah, you mean onto your Kindle? Do tell what they are like. I might be interested. We are kindred Kindle carriers.

June 14, 2012 6:38 pm  #35

Hepzibah, yes, I was thinking of such nice three piece suits and white shirts, a hat, but of course not an ear hat  , maybe braces which can be sexy if worn by the right men. I think Ben definitely would be an option. Now I only have to find and convince a producer. Piece of cake. And I would love to have my books translated into English .

June 14, 2012 6:46 pm  #36

Yep, onto my Kindle. I had to look on the Microsoft website to figure it out. It's done through something called MOBI (total computer illiterate here). I can't download books directly onto my Kindle, I have to download books to my laptop first, then transfer them to my Kindle. My nephew set the original stuff up for me so I just follow his instructions.

I decided to download some stories that are particular favourites ("Alone on the Water" anyone?) and it saves having to start the laptop when I feel the urge for some fanfic. I know some here don't really approve of fanfic but some of it is so very well written I can't resist it.

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 14, 2012 6:51 pm  #37

Susi like this you mean?

www.instagr.am/p/LYON9tmqkF/

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 14, 2012 6:55 pm  #38

That outfit gives me a heart attack every time he wears it. Seriously.

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

June 14, 2012 6:59 pm  #39

Palpitations for the nations!

June 14, 2012 7:00 pm  #40

Davina wrote:

Susi like this you mean?

www.instagr.am/p/LYON9tmqkF/

Ooooh yessss, that's it  .

Board footera