BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 20, 2012 6:48 am  #21

Re: CROSSOVER: Comparison A Study in Pink and The Reichenbach Fall

Altho Steven Moffat's scripts are always completed last, we are told.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 24, 2012 4:29 pm  #22

I've just found another funny one:

Mrs. Turner next door
"Falls of the Reichenbach" - Turner's master piece

Last edited by tobeornot221b (November 24, 2012 4:30 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 24, 2012 5:17 pm  #23

When I first saw his return in Reichenbach, I remember this. He did it, he risked his life to prove it.

Watson: You were going to take that damn pill weren't you.
Sherlock: Of course I wasn't. Bidding my time. Knew you'd turn up.
Watson: No you didn't. That's how you get your kicks isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Sherlock: Why would I do that?
Watson: Because you're an idiot.

December 22, 2012 5:07 am  #24

Due to the "jackknife" in the alphabet game I hit on the

engraving:
in John's phone
in an apple

funnily enough: "phone" and "apple" together make some sense...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 2, 2013 6:05 pm  #25

Just found this which I think fits in here. It's quite sad though.

http://bbcsherlockftw.tumblr.com/post/22595085441/i-just-thought-of-something-that-breaks-my-heart

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 2, 2013 6:11 pm  #26

Oh, that's a nice find, Susi, and proof that Moffat und Thompson work together very well.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 2, 2013 6:13 pm  #27

Sort of perfect mirror imaging. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 3, 2013 9:17 am  #28

Complete reversals:

Trust:

John starts not trusting; ends trusting.
Sherlock starts wanting to be trusted & ends hoping that no one will ever trust him again.

The draw of Moriarty:

Sherlock really wants to know about Moriarty.
Sherloc wants nothing to do with him.

Molly:

Molly is the first of Sherlock's friends to be seen with him.
Molly s the last of Sherlock's friends to be seen with him. (Jhn on the phone does't count.

Mycroft:

Mycroft questions John about his relationship with Sherlock in a confronting way.
John questions Mycroft about his relationship with Sherlock in a confronting way.

The Taxi Ride:

Sherlock gets into the taxi with Jeff (taxi driver) knowing who he is and being to willingly stays with him.

Sherlock gets into Moriarty's taxi unwillingly, not knowing who he is & not willing to stay after he finds out who he is.

Gay jokes (about John):

In abundance
Absent

Last edited by saturnR (February 3, 2013 9:20 am)

February 4, 2013 7:59 am  #29

tobeornot221b wrote:

Due to the "jackknife" in the alphabet game I hit on the

engraving:
in John's phone
in an apple

funnily enough: "phone" and "apple" together make some sense...

I saw something similar, although everyone in the known fandom probably knows about this one:

ASiP

You see an apple, a crown (on the mug) and a gun (in John's drawer.)

There is no way in hell that's a coincidence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

February 4, 2013 12:00 pm  #30

Last words: 

Sherlock Holmes: If you were dying. In your very last few seconds, what would you say? 
Dr John Watson: "Please, God, let me live." 
Sherlock Holmes: Use your imagination! 
Dr John Watson: I don't have to. ​

Sherlock's last words: Goodbye, John. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey 

"Look at that, Mrs. Hudson. Quiet. Calm. Peaceful. Isn't it hateful?"

February 18, 2013 1:12 pm  #31

Study in Pink
The cabby offered 2 alternatives and tried to talk the victim into one pill ( if there is actually one good pill)
The victims are given a choice: The good one to live, the bad one to die.
Remember: Originally in ACD canon it was Rache=revenge.

The Reichenbach Fall
On the roof top Moriarty gets a choice between calling off the killers  ( if you follow my line of thinking that Sherlock found out how to make Moriarty stop the order and M. knew it. SH: "And so do you") which means living
and the other option: Killing himself.
It is the choice between loosing (stopping the order and  living ) and winning (but dying).

In my opinion Sherlock is execting revenge on Moriarty for his crimes= restoring balance to the universe. It's an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth....by making Moriarty experience the same situation as the victims had to go through.
Sherlock might defend his actions: I gave him a choice. 
Sherlock tested Moriarty's way of choosing: Two options between two chairs. Offering one chair and Moriarty will choose the other one. He is changeable. His only weakness.
Conclusion: Sherlock pressed for one option: Make him stop the order. And Moriarty will choose the other one. 

Maybe there is another parallel:
Jeff Hope cheated with two poisened pills? He could survive the poison because he was used to the toxic medicin /arsen in small portions? His body was prepared.
Sherlock cheated with his own deadly pill/choice because he was equally prepared for the fall.

March 16, 2013 5:17 pm  #32

March 16, 2013 5:39 pm  #33

Nice find, Susi!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 17, 2013 12:41 am  #34

Oh wow, I never even thought about John going out the same door where Sherlock winked at him. What Bart's giveth, Bart's taketh away.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 21, 2013 2:24 am  #35

None of this even occurred to me. This is why I love this show! So many layers!!!

================================================================

March 21, 2013 3:59 am  #36

Yes, we haven't been idle during the last year!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 16, 2013 7:28 am  #37

Don't think we has this. It's a bit sad. 

http://plot-insight.tumblr.com/

April 16, 2013 11:47 am  #38

I could comment on that, but can't,cos it contains a spoiler.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 16, 2013 5:49 pm  #39

Has this been mentioned yet?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

Board footera