BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 2, 2012 5:36 pm  #1

Look what I found... Benedict mentioned in German newspaper

So in today's newspaper was a little report about Benedict's new title as "Sexiest man in the world" as voted in the Sun.
I just wanted to share this with you, doesn't happen often that our newspapers do stories on things like Sherlock/Benedict/...

Of course it's in German, but as there are a few Germans here I think they might be interested. I guess the text is too small to read but if anyone's intersted I think I can get a better picture uploaded! Just ask.

So, on the front page it said "Benedict Cumberbatch is Sherlock - Nobody is so sexy as him". The actually article is on page 18 and it says on the headline "Benedict Cumberbatch (35) chosen most erotic man in the world" and then "Sherlock - smart and sexy!"
(well, okay, I think that's kinda obvious )

Erm, and yeah, it's a tabloid.

(As you might guess I was VERY excited when I found this :3)

June 2, 2012 6:34 pm  #2

Re: Look what I found... Benedict mentioned in German newspaper

Danke sehr! Would you be a dear and upload the whole article for me. There's no chance I can get the paper here and i would like to read it. Pretty please!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 2, 2012 6:34 pm  #3

Great pictures!  Thanks for posting it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 2, 2012 10:50 pm  #4

Okay, I have uploaded it again and I think you should be able to read the text this way!

Edit: Oh, sorry, it's huge.. ^^

Last edited by Sammy (June 2, 2012 10:51 pm)

June 3, 2012 7:40 am  #5

Huge is good! Vielen dank. Spitzen Platz in der Hitparade der heissen Herren. No wonder he's 'geschmeichelt'. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 3, 2012 8:15 am  #6

Very similar in contents:
http://www.stylebook.de/stars/Benedict-Cumberbatch-ist-Sexiest-Man-der-Welt-71638.html

funny comments..."scare crow" 

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 3, 2012 11:27 am  #7

Making me feel old but I used to watch UFO with Wanda Ventham, Benedict's mother in it, but I was very young at the time! I think his father might have liked a mention as another possible source of his acting talent. Another observation: perhaps the fact his family used to own a sugar plantation in Barbados is the motivation for his accepting the part of plantation owner in Twelve Years a Slave (see other thread for this).

Thanks for the link!

There is another article about who is the best Sherlock Holmes, although Jeremy Brett is weirdly absent, maybe because his was a TV series and not a film. The list is somewhat limited.
There is an error in this article as the coat worn by Sherlock is NOT made by Burberry but IS made by Belstaff.

www.stylebook.de/stars/Ein-kniffliger-Fall-Wer-ist-der-beste-Sherlock-Holmes-69879.html

June 5, 2012 11:02 am  #8

He's definitely sexy. They got that one right. I must say to me he looks better with the longer darker hair. Which is his natural hair color?

I refuse to pick the best Sherlock Holmes ever because the three actors I love all played on different canvases. I grew up watching the old Basil Rathbone WWII movies (yes I'm ancient) and loved Rathbone's campy wartime jingoistic portrayal. Jeremy Brett was even better and I can't imagine anyone doing a better job of being brilliantly true to the original canon. Benedict is just such a great actor and such a charismatic figure. He takes this role to a totally different modern place and I am totally smitten with everything about him and his portrayal.

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 5, 2012 12:29 pm  #9

He is naturally auburn haired. The dark hair is out of a bottle!

June 5, 2012 1:52 pm  #10

Thanks Davina Since I  touchup my own red hair, I must accept a man who does the same

Disguise is always a self portrait

Board footera