BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 2, 2012 1:20 pm  #1

12 Years a Slave

Variety reports that Benedict is joining the cast of the film 12 Years a Slave. Steve McQueen will be directing and it also stars Chiwetei Ejiofor, Michael Fassbender and Brad Pitt. Benedict plays a plantation owner who buys Ejjiofor's character and is won over by his engineering skills. Production starts at the end of June.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 2, 2012 1:31 pm  #2

Re: 12 Years a Slave

It is based on a book, isn't it? Has anyone read it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 2, 2012 1:38 pm  #3

I've read that he has a very small part. Brad Pitt will be producing it also. Let's not look for Academy Awards from this one, lol.

Looks like he is trying to get that huge foot in the door in Hollywood; wise choice?
hmm

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 2, 2012 6:43 pm  #4

I suspect the subject matter and script will be important in this one. Michael Fassbender too...I can't wait.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 3, 2012 11:45 am  #5

Having read an article from a German newspaper have found out that Benedict's family made their money from being sugar plantation owners on Barbados. I would think this alone would make this role appealing to him.

November 4, 2012 3:48 pm  #6

I'll see it because Ben is in it and I like Micheal Fassbender too, but I'm hoping it won't be as abstract as Shame was.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

Board footera