BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 23, 2013 8:42 pm  #1901

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

horserider99 wrote:

Mountain Momma wrote:

....you ask your 15 year old home-schooled daughter (who introduced you to Sherlock) to write a paper about Sherlock's forensic science methods in series one and two for her Forensic Science course.

I wish my mum would've done this for me!

Is home-schooling allowed there?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

March 23, 2013 8:45 pm  #1902

Yes it's allowed in the UK.  You just have to prove you are providing adequate education.
We've had some of our school kids removed for home schooling, tho some were returned.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 23, 2013 9:43 pm  #1903

or watching Sherlock 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 23, 2013 10:22 pm  #1904

I might've been guilty of that, had it been out at the time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

March 23, 2013 11:23 pm  #1905

When you spend lots and lots of money and travel thousands of miles just so you can stand in the snow and rain on the sidewalk where The Fall occured. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 23, 2013 11:38 pm  #1906

that´s sweet, KP! I did the same, but it was not that far and there was no snow or rain.

Last edited by Mrs.Wenceslas (March 23, 2013 11:39 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 27, 2013 7:52 pm  #1907

when you see a van that says 'Watson Electric and Construction' on the side and think: I see John's got a new hobby! 

"That's what people DO!"

March 28, 2013 12:49 am  #1908

...you nearly choke on your drink when your brother (who's a doctor) tells you that he's been working at st. Bart's some years ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 28, 2013 9:38 am  #1909

Oh, really? That's awesome. Did he work in the lab and the mortuary? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 28, 2013 10:46 am  #1910

Apparently he worked in neurology. Though it was some years ago he recognized the look of the building. Believe me - I nearly fell off the sofa! We were watching TGG together (he'd never seen any Sherlock episode before) and when the "St. Bartholomew" lettering on the building was shown he told me that he well remembered his time there. As he hasn't watched TRF yet he is of course not aware how inflammatory a term "St. Bart's" is for the fandom...And I didn't tell him, of course...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 28, 2013 12:20 pm  #1911

You know you're a Sherlock fan when you try to relate it to everything.  If I hear a song I like, I imagine it as a Sherlock tribute youtube video.  When I see a movie I like, I relate it to a Sherlock episode somehow. Example: Cabin in the Woods reminded me of Hounds of Baskerville (the mist).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

March 28, 2013 6:32 pm  #1912

josabby wrote:

You know you're a Sherlock fan when you try to relate it to everything.  If I hear a song I like, I imagine it as a Sherlock tribute youtube video.  When I see a movie I like, I relate it to a Sherlock episode somehow. Example: Cabin in the Woods reminded me of Hounds of Baskerville (the mist).

This, precisely. I've been having Sherlockitis for weeks now...couldn't even watch the Hobbit without thinking about Sherlock arguing with Gandalf!

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

March 29, 2013 11:25 am  #1913

josabby wrote:

You know you're a Sherlock fan when you try to relate it to everything. 

lol, let's hope fellow board members speak a bit more about the London Board Meet?

I was found guilty of said behaviour - this even included taking pictures of an office announcing a 'Watson' opposite a 'Dragon', just to give you an example..

March 29, 2013 8:00 pm  #1914

I took a photo of the office signs, too. And went again St Barts yesterday because my camera's battery was empty on Monday. I nearly bought a SH coaster today but the pic on it was so kitschy. And it wasn't Benedict. So I decided to go for Oscar Wilde instead. I spent a week here and was thinking of Sherlock and John constantly. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 31, 2013 5:49 pm  #1915

Look what the Easter bunny brought me: 

March 31, 2013 7:26 pm  #1916

Must have been a British one. Maybe with a coat. 

......when you are watching The Last Enemy and see Sherlock and Mycroft everywhere.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 31, 2013 7:41 pm  #1917

I suppose it was a Felix Easter bunny who likes Quavers, too. 

March 31, 2013 7:49 pm  #1918

...you see this poster in London and immediately think of our favourite Benedict picture thread:

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 31, 2013 7:59 pm  #1919

That's a good one. Finally our work here is appreciated. 

April 1, 2013 8:19 am  #1920

....when your updated browser shows you this all the time:

"waiting for sherlock"

and you keep thinking  "Oh.God.Yes." each time you see it.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera