BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 7, 2013 3:20 pm  #1821

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Is it now more fun to work? 

But I would prefer to have an office job than working with children all my life. This is disturbing. I have to  know now. I can't even feel anymore. 
Well, whatever. At least I feel like communicating with humans when I'm active here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 7, 2013 6:16 pm  #1822

Mary, my work will never be fun.  It's stress filled from beginning to end. But when I look up at Ben and Martin, the sight makes me take a deep breath and deep breathing acts as a destressor - if only for a minute or two.

Working with children (as oppossed to physicians) sounds great to me right now but I can understand how difficult it must be on a day to day basis.  Just remember, you're helping to mould the future working with these little folks. That's an extremely important job. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 7, 2013 6:19 pm  #1823

KeepersPrice wrote:

When you get so tired of your dreary little cell of an office at work and decide to "pretty" it up.

Oh God, I'd die if I had to work in a place like this. I'd die a slow and painful death.

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

March 7, 2013 6:26 pm  #1824

Finally, I've got an impression of how your office looks like, KP!
Sometimes we have to take matters in our hands and add some little joys to make our working days more pleasant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 8, 2013 1:09 am  #1825

When you go over to your neighbors house and the husbands sister is visiting and you almost freak out because she looks EXACTLY like the girl who is always texting when she takes John to meet Mycroft!

(sorry I can't remember her name at the moment, or if she even had one...)

"That's what people DO!"

March 8, 2013 2:27 am  #1826

Moriarty wrote:

When you go over to your neighbors house and the husbands sister is visiting and you almost freak out because she looks EXACTLY like the girl who is always texting when she takes John to meet Mycroft!

(sorry I can't remember her name at the moment, or if she even had one...)

Anthea, of course...        At least, she says she is.       But what did you say?  ;))

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 11, 2013 7:38 pm  #1827

... when you mark March 18 with "SH" in your office calendar.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

March 12, 2013 4:21 pm  #1828

....when you find this in your mailbox:

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 12, 2013 4:58 pm  #1829

Yeah! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 12, 2013 7:16 pm  #1830

When you get a little giddy because someone at work calls you Sherlock Holmes when you found a missing document.

March 12, 2013 7:17 pm  #1831

veecee wrote:

When you get a little giddy because someone at work calls you Sherlock Holmes when you found a missing document.

Oh what a beautiful compliment 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

March 12, 2013 7:35 pm  #1832

I called my colleague that today.
She'd managed to work something out, this despite my failing to give her all the necessary information!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 12, 2013 8:33 pm  #1833

When you're brushing your teeth and notice that on one of your sister's beauty products the brand name is Freeman, I nearly choked on my toothbrush!

"That's what people DO!"

March 12, 2013 9:39 pm  #1834

Moriarty wrote:

When you're brushing your teeth and notice that on one of your sister's beauty products the brand name is Freeman, I nearly choked on my toothbrush!

Lol

March 12, 2013 9:40 pm  #1835

KeepersPrice wrote:

When you get so tired of your dreary little cell of an office at work and decide to "pretty" it up.

Very distracting I would be constantly drooling especially at that pic of Martin ha ha :D

March 12, 2013 9:42 pm  #1836

You know you are obsessed with Sherlock when you are a 35 year old woman who has posters of Sherlock and John all over her bedroom wall

March 12, 2013 9:50 pm  #1837

Or an even older woman with a Sherlock calendar on her wall, her Kindle in a Sherlock sleeve and Benedict and Martin on her desktop. Ah, I forgot the Sherlock mouse pad. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 12, 2013 9:54 pm  #1838

When you have a fangirly moment as you're texting your dad to get JAM from the store!!! I totally felt like Watson, it was awesome

"That's what people DO!"

March 12, 2013 9:57 pm  #1839

Where did that jam thing even come from?  It's one of those things that drives me loopy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 12, 2013 10:00 pm  #1840

SusiGo wrote:

Or an even older woman with a Sherlock calendar on her wall, her Kindle in a Sherlock sleeve and Benedict and Martin on her desktop. Ah, I forgot the Sherlock mouse pad. 

Got the calendar too lol and Sherlock Wallpaper on my computer. Need the mouse pad though ha ha

Board footera