BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2013 11:14 pm  #1541

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Haha, yeah, I feel inspired and I wish I had some clay with me now! Good thing tomorrow is Saturday so I can go and get some :D

"That's what people DO!"

January 27, 2013 1:42 am  #1542

When you are watching a Superman animated movie and notice that Lex Luther's prison jumpsuit number is 221, I freaked out a bit 

"That's what people DO!"

January 27, 2013 2:56 am  #1543

.....When you are watching an old episode of Quantum Leap (talk about cheesy 80's fun ;D) and Sam's tensely standing up to a guy who responds to his threat with 'No... no, you talk big....' and you immediately fill in the rest of the line in Moriarty's voice.  ;D

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 27, 2013 10:52 am  #1544

The quote mentioning Moffat is from The Adventure of the Resident Patient.

Love the snowmen girls. Maybe a yellow ball with a smiley face drawn on in pen would have looked ok?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 27, 2013 6:18 pm  #1545

... and when you use the word 'obviously' as often as possible

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 28, 2013 6:18 am  #1546

You know you've too often got certain characters in your head when....  ;PP

You immediately think of one person after seeing this.   ;)
(done by Emily Flake, a cartoonist/illustrator often in the New Yorker)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

January 28, 2013 7:39 am  #1547

*Imagines John telling his kids this advice* (when and if he ever has them, when and if Sherlock stops c**k blocking long enough to let him get on with it.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 28, 2013 11:25 am  #1548

Words of wisdom^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 28, 2013 11:36 am  #1549

Ha, that's how I'm going to raise my kids

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

January 28, 2013 5:33 pm  #1550

Mnemosyne wrote:

*Imagines John telling his kids this advice* (when and if he ever has them, when and if Sherlock stops c**k blocking long enough to let him get on with it.)

Ha... cute...    Made me laugh....  I was more picturing it as Sherlock as a young boy!  (planted the seed early, and all!)

January 28, 2013 10:08 pm  #1551

Russell wrote:

Mnemosyne wrote:

Ha... cute... Made me laugh.... I was more picturing it as Sherlock as a young boy! (planted the seed early, and all!)

Yeah, does that mean Mycroft is the one on the slide?

(What am I saying? Of course it's not, Mycroft probably would have got stuck halfway down or he'd be blackmailing the ice cream man for free cones or something.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 30, 2013 12:37 am  #1552

...when you go to London using Google Maps.  (You can do the super-close view.  Try going to Speedy's!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

January 30, 2013 6:49 am  #1553

Speedy's is an absolute must, every London trip.
Next time I'm even hoping they're filming when I'm there!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 30, 2013 8:06 am  #1554

horserider99 wrote:

...when you go to London using Google Maps.  (You can do the super-close view.  Try going to Speedy's!)

You mean Street view? Yeah, that's great. Have been visiting many places using Street view. ;-)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 30, 2013 11:31 am  #1555

You get ridiculously excited when Sherlock is mentioned in a question on Eggheads and Andrew Scott is the correct answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 30, 2013 9:05 pm  #1556

Love the comic, immediately thought of the little boy as Sherlock, and if you change the words so it doesn't say 'son' then it could even be Mycroft giving his little brother some advice!

"That's what people DO!"

January 30, 2013 9:14 pm  #1557

… when you get happy because your son shows you litte Sherlock figures for his computer game. 

Last edited by SusiGo (January 30, 2013 9:15 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 30, 2013 9:19 pm  #1558

SusiGo wrote:

… when you get happy because your son shows you litte Sherlock figures for his computer game. 

Isn't it wonderful that those relatively insignificant things can make us happy?

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 31, 2013 8:14 pm  #1559

When you are walking to school and pass by a trash can (it was trash pick up day) and notice the number on the bin was 1895, immediately thinking of Sherlock!

"That's what people DO!"

February 2, 2013 11:31 am  #1560

when you can't eat an apple without this: 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

«Oh! How? What does that matter? So we go 'round the sun. If we went 'round the moon or round and round the garden like a teddy bear it wouldn't make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that my brain rots. Put that in your blog. Or better still, stop inflicting your opinions on the world»

Board footera