BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2013 5:08 pm  #1441

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

I love the English language for it's wealth of vocab, but it's stupid in it's spellings and pronunciations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 9, 2013 6:11 pm  #1442

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...
... you write an english analysis and you constantly use the word "apparently"
... you got "Stayin Alive" as your ringtone
... you continue the short story that was given to you in the english test with writing about an old soldier, who was an army doctor too

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 9, 2013 6:15 pm  #1443

...When you get hurt, you say dramatically "it was worth the wound! It was worth many wounds..."
...When you hear your mother say 'we're out of milk', you start giggling for no reason.
...When you answer people with "Yes, my dear Watson!"
...When you quote Sherlock and you look at oblivious people expectantly, being disapointed if they don't get it.
... When you conclude arguments by saying: "When you have eliminated all in impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You look sad when you think he can't see you."

January 9, 2013 6:59 pm  #1444

Mattlocked wrote:

What is the name of the story?

When you finally found a "trick" to install any ringtone you like on your "older" mobile phone - and then you can not decide, which of all those lovely songs and quotes to choose.

It's just a small childrens story out of "Der Struwwelpeter" called "der fliegende Robert" or something...

I have the same problem with the ringtone... ;)

January 9, 2013 7:07 pm  #1445

@ Marry Me
I find the english lessons also a very very good opportunity to live all your sherlock-dom ^^
especially because our english teacher is so happy, when she hears us talking English, when she enters the room. Mostly it's only Sherlock.

@ Meli
Simply LOL
But I gave up the hope of people recognizing our Sherlock quotes...
Well they DO recognize, that it is Sherlock, but only because they know whenever Pitagor and I start talking English it has to be Sherlock

January 9, 2013 7:09 pm  #1446

@ Marry Me
I find the english lessons also a very very good opportunity to live all your sherlock-dom ^^
especially because our english teacher is so happy, when she hears us talking English, when she enters the room. Mostly it's only Sherlock.

@ Meli
Simply LOL
But I gave up the hope of people recognizing our Sherlock quotes...
Well they DO recognize, that it is Sherlock, but only because they know whenever Pitagor and I start talking English it has to be Sherlock

January 9, 2013 7:12 pm  #1447

... when you hear a new song on the radio that begins with "A shot in the dark!", you automatically say, "Good one, though!" And spend the rest of the drive home giggling.
(the song was "She Wolf" by David Guetta)

Mary Me wrote:

... you write an english analysis and you constantly use the word "apparently"

I have the same problem with that word, but I'm writing Sherlock fan fiction at the moment so it probably doesn't matter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

January 9, 2013 7:47 pm  #1448

... when the first picture on the Facebook page is one of John and Sherlock and you klick it and you go through some of the pictures and you just thinke "sherlock, sherlock, sherlock, sherlock, sherlock, Batchie, Martin, lalida, so cool! OH! Wait! There was a message all the time!
I really didn't notice it over all the sherlock!

January 17, 2013 5:08 am  #1449

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you post this picture for your husband to see on the wall behind your coffee cannister because you think, "This is exactly how I am in the morning about my coffee - but luckily he never says 'No"

BTW, my husband knows I'm a bit Johnlocked.  He wanted me to tell you all that he plans to join the Forum and start a non-Johnlock thread which he's going to call  "Locked in the john"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 17, 2013 5:19 am  #1450

KeepersPrice wrote:

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you post this picture for your husband to see on the wall behind your coffee cannister because you think, "This is exactly how I am in the morning about my coffee - but luckily he never says 'No"

BTW, my husband knows I'm a bit Johnlocked.  He wanted me to tell you all that he plans to join the Forum and start a non-Johnlock thread which he's going to call  "Locked in the john"

That's a hilarious idea, KP!He would perhaps be the first "hubby" here. The coffee pic is so sweet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 17, 2013 7:50 am  #1451

That's great, KP. I'd give your hubby a warm welcome when he dares to enter the lion's den. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 17, 2013 11:24 am  #1452

That's so funny I like the 'yay! coffee!' sign, too 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 17, 2013 8:04 pm  #1453

I love the picture above the coffe! That is one of the best of John and Sherlock I have seen in a while
also, when you are walking to school (or work) and you keep seeing buildings that remind you of St. Barts, or any other places in Sherlock! 

"That's what people DO!"

January 17, 2013 8:42 pm  #1454

....when absolutely NOTHING else on TV can capture your attention because it isn't "Sherlock" enough...

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

January 18, 2013 9:45 am  #1455

...when a chinese circus is in town and all you think is, "Oh f**k, it's the Black Lotus"

January 18, 2013 10:44 am  #1456

When you put this sign next to your brother's crappy signs on the door of the study room:

January 18, 2013 10:58 pm  #1457

When even your pre-teen daughter tells you you are overdoing it. "Mom, it's too much, you're weird". Ooops....

Bag, ring and cuff (on my daughter's hand, cuter than mine) :

Got a new skin for my laptop at work, but forgot to center the circle cut, stoopid :

New skin for my phone :

Only problem is absolutely no-one recognizes any of this, ah well, I'm enjoying myself.

January 19, 2013 8:44 am  #1458

Don't worry, it's the same with my children. I've got 3 T-Shirts, a Kindle sleeve, a bag, a sticker on my study door, the calendar on the wall, a mouse pad … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 19, 2013 10:56 am  #1459

I just have the calendar by my bedroom door...oh and my framed/signed promo shot in this living room!
Only occasionally wear my Sherlocked tshirt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 19, 2013 10:57 am  #1460

I love the laptop skin!!

Board footera