BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 5, 2013 5:27 pm  #1421

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Harriet wrote:

yes, but mostly in the context of animals like sheep, or shaving a head, not that much any more for a beard, I'd say

And of course "scheren" in the context of "was schert mich das!/"I don't give a damn" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 5, 2013 6:01 pm  #1422

Both explanations of course do not fit to our feelings for Sherlock.
Neither we want to cut away those curls, nor we "don't give a damn"!  LOL

It's just that for e.g. "Shhhh!" we would write "Schhhhh". So Sherlock in German would be Scherlock.  Stupid.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 6, 2013 12:04 am  #1423

Moriarty wrote:

When you're walking into a movie theater to see Les Miserables with your friends, when suddenly you see the Star Trek movie poster and have a fangirl moment of jumping and squealing. True story. Although I didn't like Les Mis so much...

Ok, that's kinda adorable...  ;D   I'm surprised you guys weren't going to go see The Hobbit?  ;)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

January 6, 2013 2:54 am  #1424

Russell, the reason we weren't seeing The Hobbit (although it's not a very good reason) is because we had all already seen it. But I definitely wish I had chosen to watch it again instead of watching Les Mis!

Also...when you get very excited about watching War Horse because Benedict is in it (and Tom Hiddleston) but are greatly dissapointed that they are only in the beginning of the film   and also, I don't think Benedict looks good in a mustache...

"That's what people DO!"

January 6, 2013 10:51 pm  #1425

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you decide you'd like a teapot to make fresh brewed tea, and instead of going to the Big Box Store and buying an El Cheapo model; you go to the specialty store instead and buy one for triple the price - because you think Soo Lin would have liked it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 6, 2013 10:54 pm  #1426

what a lovely one! cast iron? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 6, 2013 11:05 pm  #1427

Harriet wrote:

what a lovely one! cast iron? 

Yes, cast iron - not clay .  The dragonflies on it symbolize new beginnings; good fortune; infinity; love; romance.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 7, 2013 7:03 am  #1428

This one looks beautiful. Good choice, KP. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 7, 2013 11:31 am  #1429

Cast iron makes a wonderful teapot - japanese style 
Soo Lin Yao would have been pleased to learn that you get such a fine teapot because of her 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 7, 2013 11:56 am  #1430

When you get a text of your friend (PITAGOR <3 ) containing: "come if convenient" and you start giggling like a premature schoolgirl and smiling at your phone <3

When the first decent waking up for weeks is, when you have finally decided to use the Sherlock opening as alarmsound. It make waking up so... happy

If you have to write an essay about a film in English class and you almost beg your teacher to let you write about series too! We could and guess, what two wrote about Sherlock?
We even made the same mistake once^^

January 8, 2013 5:50 pm  #1431

When you have to read a story about a boy flying around with an umbrella (it's a children's story with pictures) and you can't stop thinking about Mycroft and his Brolly... I had to resist the urge to doodle "Brolly" all over the pictures...
And it's even worse, because the boy also has quite a big nose... ^^

January 8, 2013 6:16 pm  #1432

What is the name of the story?

When you finally found a "trick" to install any ringtone you like on your "older" mobile phone - and then you can not decide, which of all those lovely songs and quotes to choose.

January 9, 2013 2:57 am  #1433

Mattlocked wrote:

When you finally found a "trick" to install any ringtone you like on your "older" mobile phone - and then you can not decide, which of all those lovely songs and quotes to choose.

What is the trick? I want a Sherlock ringtone on my dumb phone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Brook is Make Believe!

January 9, 2013 6:29 am  #1434

When you have a T-Shirt with "I AM SHERLOCKED", a Coffecup with Sherlock and you see him in many little Details all Day long! 

January 9, 2013 9:19 am  #1435

Mountain Momma wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

What is the trick? I want a Sherlock ringtone on my dumb phone.

For my phone there doesn't even exist a cable to connect it to my computer.
So I bought an USB-bluetooth stick yesterday and now I can connect them via bluetooth. That's the whole "trick".

January 9, 2013 12:01 pm  #1436

… when you can't translate the simple sentence "A Harrovian, I believe, God bless him" without thinking of another Harrovian. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 9, 2013 12:05 pm  #1437

Had to look up Harrovian. Now I've learned something again

January 9, 2013 12:09 pm  #1438

Did you know that Winchester pupils are called Wykehamists? Explain the English to me … 

January 9, 2013 12:38 pm  #1439

In memory of the school's founder, William Wykeham. All perfectly logical.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 9, 2013 12:43 pm  #1440

Oh, I see. One question answered. By why is Oxon. the abbreviation for Oxfordshire which has no N in it whatsoever? And Hants. for Hampshire? And why do you pronounce St. John Sinjen? Don't get me wrong, for me the English language is an inexhaustible source of wonders … 

Board footera