BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2013 7:06 pm  #1401

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

… when you go and write a fanfic in English and even dare to publish it. If anyone had told me this a year ago … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 4, 2013 8:55 pm  #1402

Yay! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 4, 2013 10:27 pm  #1403

SusiGo wrote:

… when you go and write a fanfic in English and even dare to publish it. If anyone had told me this a year ago … 

Glad you did 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 4, 2013 10:27 pm  #1404

So am I. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 4, 2013 10:53 pm  #1405

I think you know you´re obsessed with Sherlock when you realize it..when the first thought after waking up is Sherlock. even if you are nearly thirty, graduated and married :-D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 4, 2013 10:59 pm  #1406

When you start writing Shelrock instead of Sherlock...
I know i know that doesn't sound like much but that's so typically me: as soon as I start writing things really really really often like my own name or stuff i love, it gets its own mistake...

When you mutter the English dialogue under your breath when you have to watch the Sherlock episodes in German with your family and friends. It always drives people sitting next to me wild... (probably not the only one doing that...)

January 4, 2013 11:01 pm  #1407

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

I think you know you´re obsessed with Sherlock when you realize it..when the first thought after waking up is Sherlock. even if you are nearly thirty, graduated and married :-D

That, exactly the same thing, happened to me too one day... and it was sort of weird, because I completely ignored my alarm clock...
But again... I'm just a teenage girl...

January 5, 2013 3:40 pm  #1408

When you're walking into a movie theater to see Les Miserables with your friends, when suddenly you see the Star Trek movie poster and have a fangirl moment of jumping and squealing. True story. Although I didn't like Les Mis so much...

"That's what people DO!"

January 5, 2013 3:47 pm  #1409

...so probably when you are watching a bad movie and thinking about that you should have stayed at home and watching Sherlock instead. true story too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

January 5, 2013 4:00 pm  #1410

Lelli wrote:

I know i know that doesn't sound like much but that's so typically me: as soon as I start writing things really really really often like my own name or stuff i love, it gets its own mistake...

When you mutter the English dialogue under your breath when you have to watch the Sherlock episodes in German with your family and friends. It always drives people sitting next to me wild... (probably not the only one doing that...)

So that's the reason why I start writing "Scherlock" now more and more often? Ahaa!

And for the second:
When your colleague calls you and talks to you about a German dialog between SH and JW and at first you don't understand what he means. And when you want to explain something to him you only know the English version and can't find the words they probably used in the dubbed version. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 5, 2013 4:09 pm  #1411

I also had a "pleasure" of hearing the dubbed version...have lived through about six minutes so far. awful.

Mattlocked wrote:

Lelli wrote:

So that's the reason why I start writing "Scherlock" now more and more often? Ahaa!

And for the second:
When your colleague calls you and talks to you about a German dialog between SH and JW and at first you don't understand what he means. And when you want to explain something to him you only know the English version and can't find the words they probably used in the dubbed version. 

January 5, 2013 4:22 pm  #1412

Occasionally, when my kids with their friends are visiting they are like "Well, let's watch a Sherlock episode then. But only as long as you won't say all the lines." Of course, I'd promise to hold off and I'm always sure that I was quiet as a mouse. But, when I hear them scream: "Mamaaaaa!" at me, I'd know that I wasn't that quiet, apparently.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 5, 2013 4:34 pm  #1413

Really, you do that? I didn't notice while we were there.
Probably distracted again. 

January 5, 2013 4:37 pm  #1414

But the both of you are as bad as me!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 5, 2013 4:41 pm  #1415

Ooops! 

January 5, 2013 4:47 pm  #1416

Mattlocked wrote:

Funny, this has begun happening to me as well 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 5, 2013 4:57 pm  #1417

Typical German mistake I guess.

January 5, 2013 4:59 pm  #1418

well, it just had begun... 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 5, 2013 5:18 pm  #1419

Mattlocked wrote:

Typical German mistake I guess.

does the German word "scheren" mean "to shave" or something like that? I haven´t used my German for a long time, unfortunately

January 5, 2013 5:22 pm  #1420

yes, but mostly in the context of animals like sheep, or shaving a head, not that much any more for a beard, I'd say

Board footera