BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 2, 2013 10:49 am  #1381

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Oh, this is great. Did you convert him? Expect to see him around soon. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 2, 2013 10:55 am  #1382

He's 51 and very very busy with family and sports and job... But I think now I "got him" at least a bit. 
He didn't even find the time to watch the dvd I lend out to him; but now, on tv, in the middle of the night - that's when he has time. 

But for the "quiz" he had for me I told him "Easy-peasy! You have to come with something far more subtle to get me next time!" 

Last edited by Mattlocked (January 2, 2013 10:59 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 3, 2013 4:47 pm  #1383

… when cutting tomatoes for bruschetta and keep thinking at least I can do this better than Benedict Cumberbatch. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 3, 2013 4:56 pm  #1384

SusiGo wrote:

… when cutting tomatoes for bruschetta and keep thinking at least I can do this better than Benedict Cumberbatch. 

...as Hawking?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 3, 2013 4:58 pm  #1385

No, he did it (or tried to do it) in a British cooking show. The result was a sort of red pulp. Wrong knife or wrong technique. 

Are there tomatoes in Hawking? Can't remember the details. Still have to watch it for the second time after getting the DVD yesterday.

January 3, 2013 5:07 pm  #1386

SusiGo wrote:

Are there tomatoes in Hawking? .

Yes, There are. When he is visiting the family with the baby he is asked to slice the tomatoes "thinly". The result is, of course, not ideal. (Not because of Benedict - obviously it's only because of Hawking! Or is it not? Hmm... )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 3, 2013 5:09 pm  #1387

So he seems to have a history with tomatoes. 

January 3, 2013 6:01 pm  #1388

I feel his pain, got asked to cut lemon wedges once for drinks at a wedding. More like lemon mis-shapes!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

January 3, 2013 6:32 pm  #1389

I think I have to tell you again: It's just because they gave him a bad, bad knife!

January 3, 2013 6:35 pm  #1390

All right. Sorry for bringing this up again, but I couldn't stop myself. 

Also, today I went to a shop and noticed a dark green cardigan that wasn't very nice but it had the same basic design as Benedict's beautiful blue cardigan with the collar.  I didn't mention this to my children. They already think I'm mad.

January 3, 2013 6:36 pm  #1391

SusiGo wrote:

I didn't mention this to my children. They already think I'm mad.

So what? Nothing to lose! 

January 3, 2013 6:40 pm  #1392

I won't disgrace myself for a mere cardigan. I'll save this for better things (like ST at the cinema). 

January 3, 2013 7:38 pm  #1393

...When your best friend and sister look at you and start laughing when they play Star Trek previews at the theatre and then while they admire the music at the end of The Hobbit, you're waiting for Benedict's name to come on the screen and when it does you go fangirly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

January 3, 2013 9:29 pm  #1394

horserider99 wrote:

...When your best friend and sister look at you and start laughing when they play Star Trek previews at the theatre and then while they admire the music at the end of The Hobbit, you're waiting for Benedict's name to come on the screen and when it does you go fangirly.

Hehe, my husband had exactly the same experiences with me. Twice! 

January 3, 2013 9:36 pm  #1395

I'm seeing it again this weekend....Hopefully another Star Trek preview!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

January 3, 2013 11:42 pm  #1396

SusiGo wrote:

Oh, this is great. Did you convert him? Expect to see him around soon. 

Hehe, finally he watched TGG tonight. After that he texted me: What happens next??
My answer: I know it!   

His problem: On German tv since months still only S1 on air......... 

January 4, 2013 1:11 am  #1397

I know the pain he is feeling after watching TGG, and then not being able to see the next episode! When I first started watching I didn't realize that it played on public television and I thought it was only on Netflix, and for quite a while Netflix only had season 1, which was quite painful until they finally posted the second season! 

"That's what people DO!"

January 4, 2013 2:27 am  #1398

Moriarty wrote:

I know the pain he is feeling after watching TGG, and then not being able to see the next episode! When I first started watching I didn't realize that it played on public television and I thought it was only on Netflix, and for quite a while Netflix only had season 1, which was quite painful until they finally posted the second season!

I hate that Netflix doesn't update it's shows as often as it should. They should get their priorities right: Sherlock THEN all those teen romance, lovey-dovey things.

January 4, 2013 9:34 am  #1399

LOL

Yes, I know that TGG feeling, too. When it was over we were sitting there: "And now? When will the next episode be on tv?"  We didn't find it at that time and that was when I bought the dvds...... The rest you know. 

But as I lent out my dvd to this colleague and he gave it back then without even have watched a minute I think his pain is just fair now. Wonder if he will ask for the dvd again on monday when we're back at work....

January 4, 2013 9:36 am  #1400

He will beg you to lend him season 2. Twice. 

Board footera