BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2012 1:37 pm  #121

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Oh the tunes, the tunes! Yes once they are in your head they really hang around don't they!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 1, 2012 3:40 am  #122

You know you're obsessed when you're more excited about the season two reruns of Sherlock that begin this Sunday than your senior prom the night before.

Guilty.

May 1, 2012 6:19 am  #123

You have every reason to be excited I assure you. There's an interesting choice of possible Prom attire in the first episode of series two.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 1, 2012 6:52 am  #124

Davina wrote:

You have every reason to be excited I assure you. There's an interesting choice of possible Prom attire in the first episode of series two.

You mean the "battle dress"?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 1, 2012 7:13 am  #125

Yup! Think that might cause a bit of a stir at a Prom...don't you?

May 1, 2012 8:27 pm  #126

Great. Now I'm wishing prom was a week later so I could see this "battle dress". :D

May 1, 2012 9:26 pm  #127

May 1, 2012 9:52 pm  #128

Guildencranz wrote:

Great. Now I'm wishing prom was a week later so I could see this "battle dress". :D

Well... I think you may laugh a lot at this when you see it 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 3, 2012 2:11 am  #129

Okay. Got a couple more:
-when you're on the way to a baseball game and you decide to search for license plates that say 221B
-when you see a plate that says 9HC and think it says "Sherlock"

And today, my history teacher stopped me before I left his class and told me about the reruns starting on Sunday. I jumped up and down, sqeed, and shouted, "I know!!!!" He just laughed.

May 14, 2012 1:53 pm  #130

You know you're obsessed when you can't stop using Sherlock's lines in situations that you find so appropriate.
When you can play the theme tune on the piano in whatever key.

I've already quoted him way too much for other people to actually point it out.

May 14, 2012 7:29 pm  #131

When you quote things from Sherlock in every day conversation.

And secondly when you try to be like Sherlock and deduce what people are like (tried this it didn't work)

I <3 Sherlock Holmes
    Twitter = @ellen_lowe

May 14, 2012 8:15 pm  #132

Ellen5000 wrote:

And secondly when you try to be like Sherlock and deduce what people are like (tried this it didn't work)

Keep practicing!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 15, 2012 4:10 pm  #133

You know you are SHERLOCKED when you...
S ay what you think without thinking about what you are saying,
H ave a tiny fuse in you that sparks when someone says the word 'DANGER!',
E at only when you really have to,
R oll on the floor laughing at every mention of the Queen (are you wearing any pants?),
L ook both ways twice before crossing the road (once for cars and once to check for psycho taxi drivers!),
O pen your eyes at 3am because you've had another 'Sherlock's not dead!' theory,
C an't go a day without logging onto this forum, are
K ing/Queen of your own little 'Mind Palace'
E nd up being the last one talking Sherlockian when everyone else has moved on
D evelop a slight case of High Functioning Autism!!!

This took me about 3 hours last night (talk about dedicated!) 

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 15, 2012 4:22 pm  #134

this isn't entirely relevant but I really need to know, how to you get an avatar because i can't work out what URL-thing to put.
Please help...

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

May 15, 2012 4:41 pm  #135

Molly Hooper wrote:

this isn't entirely relevant but I really need to know, how to you get an avatar because i can't work out what URL-thing to put.
Please help...

Click here and then select one of the existing default images or use your own.

If you are choosing your own image you will need to click 'Change avatar' and open a new tab or window to upload it to a part of the web like Flickr, Picasa or elsewhere.

Once you have uploaded your image to a location 'copy' the address of the images (In the address bar, everything from http:// all the way to .jpg, .gif or .png) and 'paste' it into the section under the default images in the original windows from here.

Click update and you have your new avatar.

It sounds complex, but believe me once you've done it three times it will be as common as day to you.

Best of luck and let's see what you've got!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 15, 2012 5:04 pm  #136

Ta Dah!

(did it work?)

May 15, 2012 5:12 pm  #137

Yup!!

Congratulations!

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

May 15, 2012 5:21 pm  #138

I have a thing about watching Sherlock episodes for the first time,
everyone must be silent
if I miss a word or phrase I have to go back until I can make out what everyone is saying,
If one of my friends wants to say something (no matter how short) I have to pause the DVD first.
I don't know how I'll survive watching series 3 live!
maybe I'll hide in my room and turn the volume right up...

May 15, 2012 7:30 pm  #139

Molly Hooper wrote:

I have a thing about watching Sherlock episodes for the first time,
everyone must be silent
if I miss a word or phrase I have to go back until I can make out what everyone is saying,
If one of my friends wants to say something (no matter how short) I have to pause the DVD first.
I don't know how I'll survive watching series 3 live!
maybe I'll hide in my room and turn the volume right up...

This is so true constantly telling people to be quiet and when  I have missed something I have to rewind it or watch the whole thing again.

I <3 Sherlock Holmes
    Twitter = @ellen_lowe

May 15, 2012 7:33 pm  #140

Ellen5000, I'm from the UK as well. do you know what I should put as my Time zone because the time on here is wrong for me, it's an hour behind...

Board footera