BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 6, 2012 11:26 am  #1241

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Got it. But it turns out you are on-line non-stop so you kinda beat me to saying this!

Last edited by The Doctor (December 6, 2012 12:24 pm)

December 6, 2012 11:29 am  #1242

Ein Wortspiel mit canon (ACD) and Canon (camera). We realised that we all had Canon cameras and took a pic in honour of the ACD canon. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 6, 2012 11:49 am  #1243

Harriet wrote:

LOL, tobe... how cool 

Speaking of mugs: I bought this one recently - obsessed? Probably 

If all this would have been some (few  ) years earlier - chemistry lessons wouldn't have been so boring for me at school....... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

December 6, 2012 2:46 pm  #1244

Oh that mug is cool! Where did you get it? internet?

And Mattlocked: no... I have chemistry lessons and even though I have to think "but Sherlock likes it! But Sherlock likes it!" over and over again I can't really enjoy it... Except for the giggling parts with pitagor...

And when we're on the subject chemistry:
You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you try to set together names of Sherlock characters with the elements on the periodic table instead of listening to the boring teacher...
We found Watson (W At S O N) and Irene (I Re Ne) so far ;)

December 6, 2012 4:38 pm  #1245

... when you're watching The Amazing Spider-Man and a newspaper in the movie sports the headline "The Final Game" and you misread it as "The Final Problem."

I can't even keep my fandoms apart in my head anymore. It's official. I am a hopeless fangirl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

December 6, 2012 5:36 pm  #1246

The boring teacher, lelli... ^^

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you strangle your friend because she said that Benedict is ugly...
And of course, if you can't read words like "final", "fall" etc. without fall in a deep depression-then you're obsessed...
Another nice symptom, when you learn Morse only to write UMQRA (my dear lelli, you're SO great! :3). When you tape all your maps with Sherlock-Pictures and -Quotes; when you open your locker and begin a to sigh in a terribly (and probably unhealthy way) because there are EXTRAORDINARY pictures all over there, you are probably obsessed with Sherlock...

Last edited by pitagor (December 6, 2012 5:38 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

«Oh! How? What does that matter? So we go 'round the sun. If we went 'round the moon or round and round the garden like a teddy bear it wouldn't make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that my brain rots. Put that in your blog. Or better still, stop inflicting your opinions on the world»

December 6, 2012 6:51 pm  #1247

Lelli wrote:

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you try to set together names of Sherlock characters with the elements on the periodic table instead of listening to the boring teacher...

Aww. I wish I was at school again. Or ... no, not really.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 6, 2012 7:42 pm  #1248

Don't. It's really not fun. At this point I honestly cannot wait to be in college. I'm hoping to get an "I Believe in Sherlock" poster for my dork.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You're so nice
You're not good, you're not bad
You're just nice

I'm not good, I'm not nice
I'm just right
I'm the witch
You're the world" - The Witch, Into the Woods

December 6, 2012 7:57 pm  #1249

Oh, school is funny, as soon as you have a nice friend who's also sherlocked!    If there would only be less exams, less boring and annoying teachers, less stress and less "ordinary people"... And more breaks, of course! 

But-searching for names in the periodic system is really fun. We have chemistry in the last lesson on Friday, so concentrating is just IMPOSSIBLE, well, searching for sherlock-related-words is a nice thing to not be bored... And, I now know very well where for example the "W" is (because it's for Watson") and the other ones. If i wouldn't know it, I'll be searching it the whole lesson, so, why not? Alternative learning-methodes. 

We should take a photo one day of our locker, I think... ^^

Last edited by pitagor (December 6, 2012 8:00 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

«Oh! How? What does that matter? So we go 'round the sun. If we went 'round the moon or round and round the garden like a teddy bear it wouldn't make any difference. All that matters to me is the work. Without that my brain rots. Put that in your blog. Or better still, stop inflicting your opinions on the world»

December 6, 2012 8:26 pm  #1250

....when you've been watching the news, tired and bored, and right after that some film starts with.... "Staying alive" as theme song and suddenly you think "Aaaaahhhh, what a wonderful life... 

December 7, 2012 9:27 am  #1251

.. I was driving minding my own business, humming the Concerning Hobbit - song when the radio announcer all of a sudden spoke about Martin Freeman.

Yeah, for us living down under that is quite something! First time ever I heard his name as well as 'Sherlock' mentioned in public EVER!

December 7, 2012 11:55 am  #1252

...you get over excited when the Sherlock DVD appears in the HMV Christmas advert on TV.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 7, 2012 2:04 pm  #1253

… you beg your son to build you a Sherlock snowman and he comes up with this - wonder who's obsessed now:

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 7, 2012 2:24 pm  #1254

now, this goes to my Sherlock desktop collection 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 7, 2012 2:38 pm  #1255

He'll be honoured. 

December 7, 2012 6:16 pm  #1256

Haha... I wrote that in the snow too but it got covered in fresh snow, so...
But i would have loved to see a sherlock snowman <3

December 7, 2012 6:25 pm  #1257

pitagor wrote:

The boring teacher, lelli... ^^

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you strangle your friend because she said that Benedict is ugly...
And of course, if you can't read words like "final", "fall" etc. without fall in a deep depression-then you're obsessed...
Another nice symptom, when you learn Morse only to write UMQRA (my dear lelli, you're SO great! :3). When you tape all your maps with Sherlock-Pictures and -Quotes; when you open your locker and begin a to sigh in a terribly (and probably unhealthy way) because there are EXTRAORDINARY pictures all over there, you are probably obsessed with Sherlock...

Teacher: so boring :/
Friend: She's an evil traitor (we started calling her sally)
Morse: guilty... ^^ But the weird thing is I write Morse all over my schoolworks and once I found a "RAYMD" and I wondered what the hell had gotten in to me but then I realized it was just UMQRA upside-down ^^''
Locker: I love our Locker!

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

Be careful with what you wish for!

pitagor wrote:

Oh, school is funny, as soon as you have a nice friend who's also sherlocked!    If there would only be less exams, less boring and annoying teachers, less stress and less "ordinary people"... And more breaks, of course! 

But-searching for names in the periodic system is really fun. We have chemistry in the last lesson on Friday, so concentrating is just IMPOSSIBLE, well, searching for sherlock-related-words is a nice thing to not be bored... And, I now know very well where for example the "W" is (because it's for Watson") and the other ones. If i wouldn't know it, I'll be searching it the whole lesson, so, why not? Alternative learning-methodes. 

We should take a photo one day of our locker, I think... ^^

Yes we should... but maybe when there is more Sherlock and less chaos in it ^^
(Sherlock is a GREAT learning method!)

December 11, 2012 6:09 pm  #1258

Lelli wrote:

Oh that mug is cool! Where did you get it? internet?

And Mattlocked: no... I have chemistry lessons and even though I have to think "but Sherlock likes it! But Sherlock likes it!" over and over again I can't really enjoy it... Except for the giggling parts with pitagor...

And when we're on the subject chemistry:

It is sort of weird quoting myself... but anyway...

Today we found another Sherlock name in the periodic table:

H U Ds O N

:D I was so happy when I found it :D

December 12, 2012 2:37 pm  #1259

When you go riding and talk to your pony (well, that's not really weird), and you try to explain him what Sherlock is, what ends in terribly sights and "aww"s and whatever. Oh well, and of course you're waiting for an answer like "great", "brilliant" or something similar (and that's not weird anymore, that's "obsessed"). :-)

December 12, 2012 4:02 pm  #1260

And, what did he/she answer then? 

Board footera