BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 29, 2012 8:15 am  #1201

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

During our training day yesterday, one of the suggestions was that we have a staff theme day, where all the school kids have to guess what the theme is.
I suggested we could have a ' Sherlock ' theme, my boss(who is a fan) actually thought it was a good idea!
Trouble is, I don' think the(primary age) pupils would guess it.  Tho there is one fan in in one of the older classes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 29, 2012 8:18 am  #1202

That's a great idea. Maybe you could adjust it to the age of your pupils, using things like the ear hat and magnifier and so on that might be easier to guess. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 29, 2012 8:27 am  #1203

My boss suggested we all wore deerstalkers, which I thought was going a  bit far!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 29, 2012 8:31 am  #1204

Maybe some of you could dress up as Watson or Mrs Hudson. Would like to see a pic of this. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 29, 2012 8:59 am  #1205

besleybean wrote:

During our training day yesterday, one of the suggestions was that we have a staff theme day, where all the school kids have to guess what the theme is.
I suggested we could have a ' Sherlock ' theme, my boss(who is a fan) actually thought it was a good idea!
Trouble is, I don' think the(primary age) pupils would guess it.  Tho there is one fan in in one of the older classes.

<jealousy>School was never this good when I was a child... what did I miss?</jealousy>

The most excitement I ever had was when someone in chemistry claimed to have actually swallowed Lithium (that was an A&E job.)

I prefer your plan though So, tell me, who is going to dress up as Moriarty (because that's going to be one expensive costume.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

November 29, 2012 9:00 am  #1206

Ah, Westwood. But then Sherlock won't come cheap either. 

November 29, 2012 9:35 am  #1207

SusiGo wrote:

Ah, Westwood. But then Sherlock won't come cheap either. 

So I've heard... (interpret that how you will.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

November 29, 2012 11:26 am  #1208

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 29, 2012 1:03 pm  #1209

Brilliant!

November 29, 2012 5:38 pm  #1210

when you walk through a German shop and suddenly find stamps, looking like this:

And you think: WOW! They have IOU-stamps HERE! Just like this!
And then you recognize that your obsession made you blind............. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

November 29, 2012 5:44 pm  #1211

Mattlocked wrote:

when you walk through a German shop and suddenly find stamps, looking like this:

Blind? No, you're suffering from overacuteness of the senses!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

November 29, 2012 6:02 pm  #1212

Mattlocked wrote:

Why? Do you think it means something else?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

November 29, 2012 8:09 pm  #1213

... when your best friend tells you he has bought socks with weekday names on them (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday ...) and you think - Oh, nice, he has a sock index!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

November 30, 2012 5:04 pm  #1214

When you call your brother Mycroft
when you understand mycroft every time your brother says minecraft
when you put an orange blanket on your mother when she's in shock
when you eat your chewing gum like moriarty
when you can't concentrate during English lessons because of all the words like: John, fall, die, obvious etc.
when you have the urge to scream "Westwood" every time you see a suit.
when you blow away texts after having sent them

November 30, 2012 5:06 pm  #1215

Oh, Lelli, get better, please - but not too soon 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 30, 2012 5:10 pm  #1216

I can't promise anything
I have goosebumps even just by thinking of sherlock and the guys...
Jus imagine how I feel on this page *nearly fainting*

November 30, 2012 5:15 pm  #1217

take your time, have some tea, we are here for you 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 30, 2012 5:18 pm  #1218

thanks... that's comforting to hear ^^

another one:

when you learned Morse code after having seen the Hound-episode
when you randomly tap UMQRA during lessons in morse
when you make your brother say "pleeeeeeaaaaase" if he wants you to so something

November 30, 2012 5:39 pm  #1219

Minecraft - my son's always playing this but I didn't make the connection. From now on I will laugh whenever he mentions it. It'll drive him crazy. 

November 30, 2012 5:46 pm  #1220

It does make my brother crazy too
also he won't stop saying UMQRA until I tell him what it means XD

Board footera