BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 30, 2012 12:04 pm  #1101

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Le freak c'est chic!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 30, 2012 12:11 pm  #1102

How do you translate it, Davina? Freak is the new sexy? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 30, 2012 3:36 pm  #1103

But maybe you are not right, but just obsessed... Think again.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 30, 2012 3:59 pm  #1104

Well, girls, imagine what I just bought at the supermarket: small lemon tarts because they had a yellow smiley on the package and The Hobbit instant chai latte with a photo of Gandalf. Sadly Martin wasn't available.   

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 30, 2012 4:39 pm  #1105

Victim of commerce......

I bought these a while ago, just because of the name. Long before I was Sherlocked.
http://fddb.info/db/de/lebensmittel/brandt_hobbits_kernig/foto.html

October 30, 2012 4:53 pm  #1106

Hopefully not burnt to a crisp. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 30, 2012 5:47 pm  #1107

I award Mattlocked today's tact prize.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 30, 2012 6:00 pm  #1108

Or our computers?

October 30, 2012 6:10 pm  #1109

Hm? Davina and veecee, I cannot follow you. 

October 30, 2012 6:10 pm  #1110

221B Baker Street wrote:

veecee wrote:

221B Baker Street wrote:

Tubeplus is a Canadian site where one can watch TV-shows and movies on-line.

Hmm, so far I only see Season 1 on there, but it's worth keeping an eye on. Thanks.

You're always welcome 

SusiGo, your post reminds me of my reaction to the phrase 'easy-peasy', I always think about Ben 

Someone said "easy-peasy" at work, and I almost jumped on her: "Where did you get that phrase?!" It turns out it was not Sherlock-related.

October 30, 2012 6:13 pm  #1111

Mattlocked wrote:

Hm? Davina and veecee, I cannot follow you. 

My fault. I meant to quote the another post about shooting notebooks, but maybe that's what the original post meant, anyway.

October 31, 2012 5:12 am  #1112

veecee wrote:

Someone said "easy-peasy" at work, and I almost jumped on her: "Where did you get that phrase?!" It turns out it was not Sherlock-related.

I can imagine your disappointment . You must have been almost dreaming about having found the same obsessed Sherlockian nearby to talk about all the Sherlock related stuff and such a disappointment...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

October 31, 2012 6:56 am  #1113

It's quite a common English expression.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 31, 2012 5:44 pm  #1114

besleybean wrote:

It's quite a common English expression.

She's from Michigan.

October 31, 2012 5:48 pm  #1115

I thought the individual may not be a Brit, so I was just explaining...honest. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 2, 2012 7:00 pm  #1116

... when you make a complete fool out of yourself when asked how you want your coffee.
"Black, please." - "Yes, and how many sugars?" - "Two. (... pause ...) Oh, wait! I don't take sugar! Do you have sweetener?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

November 3, 2012 2:11 pm  #1117

...when you're working on a non-Sherlock-related clay-head, but you suddenly notice that it will remind you of Sherlock anyway, because you just thought while looking at it: "Mouth's too small now." 

November 3, 2012 2:15 pm  #1118

I'm sure it'll find it's own evolutionary niche!

November 3, 2012 2:27 pm  #1119

Therefore I like to work without any model. I like to create "independent", own characters.

November 5, 2012 7:52 pm  #1120

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you're looking forward to proof-reading your translation (which you normally loathe because you know the book so well) just because the main character has Asperger's and is quite a genius in his field and has some problems in interacting with other people. 

Board footera