BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 13, 2012 3:34 pm  #1041

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Davina wrote:

You cannot really buy white eggs in shops here any more. Everyone wants them tanned!

Interesting. Most commercially-produced eggs are white here. Different breeds of chickens lay different colored eggs. We have a friend who has a mixed-breed flock of free-range chickens, and some of the eggs from his little farm are pale green or blue, as well as the usual whites and various shades of brown. My son and his wife own three Rhode Island Reds (my grandchickies, lol!), and the eggs are brown.

Now I will always "see" an egg with a little BC face and googley eyes. heh

Last edited by ancientsgate (October 13, 2012 3:34 pm)

October 13, 2012 3:41 pm  #1042

In Canada we've always bought white eggs in shops but here you just cannot get them! Weird eh! We used to have them but people preferred brown, so there you are, the producers started only keeping hens that lay brown eggs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 13, 2012 3:56 pm  #1043

My neighbors are going to have chickens next year. They had to ask our permission because we're within the city limits. Waiting to see what colors of eggs they come up with.

Molly -- Egg Benedict is adorable! Take good care of him. I'd send you a white egg to be closer to his complexion, but I don't think ti would survive the overseas voyage.

And I second "nice manicure."

October 13, 2012 7:46 pm  #1044

Oh, thanks, you guys! You're much more supportive than my family!
Yeah, he does look a bit like he's been to the beach!
Haha, I'm sorry about the state of my nails, I really need to cut them! I've actually never had a manicure ever, I just can't stand the obligatory small talk!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

October 13, 2012 8:25 pm  #1045

Molly dear, they meant your nails looked good. Will your egg acquire freckles?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 14, 2012 11:34 am  #1046

I must not laugh BEFORE the funny lines are dropped when introducing "Scandal" to a friend.

I must not laugh BEFORE the funny lines are dropped when introducing "Scandal" to a friend.

I must not ...

*sigh* 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 14, 2012 11:38 am  #1047

I confess for them all, I have to restrain myself from saying:  Oh this is a good bit. listen to this, it's hilarious or sometimes even:  this is a vital scene- pay attention!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 14, 2012 11:43 am  #1048

Oh, I know that SO well! 

But sometimes... I have to translate bits for hubby; it's vice versa when we watch other movies. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 14, 2012 1:53 pm  #1049

Schmiezi wrote:

I must not ...

*sigh* 

I can imagine that very well. Two people in front of the screen. "What? Why are you laughing?" - "That line is so funny. Oh, now you missed it. Let me just rewind ..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

October 15, 2012 1:15 am  #1050

Davina wrote:

In Canada we've always bought white eggs in shops but here you just cannot get them! Weird eh! We used to have them but people preferred brown, so there you are, the producers started only keeping hens that lay brown eggs.

Sounds like hen discrimination  .

We have both white and brown eggs in market, but I always prefer brown to white ones. I don't know why really *puzzled*

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

October 15, 2012 1:21 am  #1051

besleybean wrote:

I confess for them all, I have to restrain myself from saying:  Oh this is a good bit. listen to this, it's hilarious or sometimes even:  this is a vital scene- pay attention!

I think it's all about us))). I know how it is annoying to my co-viewer but I just can do nothing about it. "Look! Look here! Isn't it great/fabulous/magnificent?"

October 15, 2012 2:13 am  #1052

you know you're obsessed with Sherlock when....you talk about eggs?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 15, 2012 2:32 am  #1053

horserider99 wrote:

you know you're obsessed with Sherlock when....you talk about eggs?

Right you are! 

Every time I open this thread I prepare myself to read something really far from Sherlock theme, but today I was surprised more than ever. Eggs! 

October 16, 2012 9:21 pm  #1054

....when you consider buying a Kindle just because you discovered it has a "Baskerville" font. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 16, 2012 9:22 pm  #1055

And you can get the collected works of ACD for 89 cents. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 17, 2012 3:23 pm  #1056

...and this collection is a good one, I´ve got it myself. It´s complete, and the editing is very good.  I love my kindle!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 17, 2012 6:46 pm  #1057

Schmiezi wrote:

...and this collection is a good one, I´ve got it myself. It´s complete, and the editing is very good.  I love my kindle!

Also, you can look things up really fast in canon by just using the search function on your Kindle.

October 19, 2012 7:31 am  #1058

Okay guys. I've come to a conclusion that I've been avoiding for a while. I am actually obsessed with Sherlock; its cast and its offspins including the Jeremy Brett shows, the canon stories, fan fic and now Elementary (in lieu of a true Sherlock BBC fix)

*sigh*

We should start a Sherlock Anonymous group

Last edited by Wholocked (October 19, 2012 8:14 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

October 19, 2012 7:38 am  #1059

Isn't this it? Lol!

October 19, 2012 7:39 am  #1060

Wholocked wrote:

We should start a Sherlock Anonymous group

Oh, did I take the wrong door?
I thought I was already there!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera