BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 12, 2012 7:46 pm  #1021

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

What is a curate's egg?

October 12, 2012 7:47 pm  #1022

I would like to see that, too.

Is anyone else watching the football match Ireland-Germany with Westwood and Jogi Löw trying to look like a cheap version of Sherlock?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

October 12, 2012 8:04 pm  #1023

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

Is anyone else watching the football match Ireland-Germany with Westwood and Jogi Löw trying to look like a cheap version of Sherlock?

Yes, me!  Poor Westwood - fourth goal against Ireland...
And Jogi Löw's Sherlock coat looks like a duvet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 12, 2012 8:08 pm  #1024

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curate's_egg

This will explain all. Brought to mind because I heard the phrase today on BBC Radio 4 and immediately thought of Molly's eggs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 12, 2012 8:11 pm  #1025

Ahem. 5 - 0. Poor Irish team. Cheap version of Sherlock? Has he changed his hairstyle? I always liked his shirts, totally OT, just saying. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 12, 2012 8:55 pm  #1026

Thanks for explaining the curate's egg, Davina.

tobeornot221b wrote:

And Jogi Löw's Sherlock coat looks like a duvet.

A shock blanket?

6:1. Poor Westwood didn't look very happy in the end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

October 12, 2012 9:11 pm  #1027

Westwood should be wearing Westwood really.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 12, 2012 9:53 pm  #1028

.... when the password you gave the new customer today at work was: Moriarty   

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 13, 2012 3:59 am  #1029

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you're at the hospital awaiting the arrival of your new granddaughter, and you see this picture on a vending machine and think, "John as a newborn!"

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

October 13, 2012 7:22 am  #1030

Aw! Sweeties!

October 13, 2012 7:23 am  #1031

All the best, KP, hope everything goes well with the birth. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 13, 2012 7:32 am  #1032

lol This must be real obsession! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 13, 2012 8:33 am  #1033

Priceless, KP 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 13, 2012 10:46 am  #1034

OK, asked for, here is a photo of Benedict. He's a bit "different" and you'll probably be able to deduce how good my art-work generally is!

As my Mum kindly put it, "Why is your egg wearing a fez and a bin-bag??"

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

October 13, 2012 10:59 am  #1035

"Different" is exactly how he is, LOL.
And for the bin-bag, caption competition week 7 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 13, 2012 11:55 am  #1036

That is fabulous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 13, 2012 11:59 am  #1037

He looks eggstremely eggelant.

October 13, 2012 2:27 pm  #1038

Molly Hooper wrote:

Ahem. Nice manicure. *smile*

This reminds me-- several years ago the New England egg retail organization ran commercials on TV that had a jingle, "Brown eggs are local eggs, and local eggs are fresh!"   Benedict looks very.....fresh......here. And well-tanned!

October 13, 2012 2:37 pm  #1039

You cannot really buy white eggs in shops here any more. Everyone wants them tanned!

October 13, 2012 2:38 pm  #1040

Eggcellent work, Molly. 

Board footera