BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 2, 2012 12:16 pm  #881

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

SusiGo wrote:

That's reassuring. 

Face it-- the ordinary ones are adorable, but boring. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 2, 2012 12:33 pm  #882

There's some truth in it. But if you live with someone like that I guess you sometimes might wish you had an ordinary guy. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 2, 2012 1:29 pm  #883

SusiGo wrote:

There's some truth in it. But if you live with someone like that I guess you sometimes might wish you had an ordinary guy. 

Definitely the ordinary ones make the best live-ins. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 2, 2012 1:31 pm  #884

Which doesn't mean we can't dream a little bit about the others. 

Last edited by SusiGo (October 2, 2012 1:31 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 2, 2012 4:34 pm  #885

NW16XE wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Definitely the ordinary ones make the best live-ins. 

Yeah. And some got hurt several times because they chose one or the other bad boy first. Until they notice the above. (Not that I'm talking about myself now.... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 3, 2012 10:24 am  #886

... when the passwords you regularly have to create for customers who want to enter the company's online-shop suddenly end up like "Sherlock", "Watson", "Gerti" and so on....   

October 3, 2012 10:26 am  #887

Who's that Gerti?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 3, 2012 10:38 am  #888

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Yes it's Gerti!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 3, 2012 10:41 am  #889

Gerti's the plane in Cabin Pressure. Golf Echo Romeo Tango India is the code so they call her Gerti. 

October 3, 2012 10:53 am  #890

Oh, I see. I've kept myself deliberately away from Cabin Pressure so far because I know myself...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 3, 2012 11:01 am  #891

Oh, the things you've missed … Yellow Car … polar bears … strudel or cheesecake … not to mention the otters.

Last edited by SusiGo (October 3, 2012 11:01 am)

October 3, 2012 11:12 am  #892

And Toblerones (they even have the white ones).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

October 3, 2012 11:21 am  #893

And twelve Scottish cricketers wearing swimming suits and carrying a fire engine through the Sahara desert.

October 3, 2012 12:14 pm  #894

Davina wrote:

It's just Night Fever!

Davina, are you a troll? (don't hit me!) *runs and hides*

I have a favorite BeeGees song, but I can't remember it right now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... there's just one more miracle, Sherlock, for me, don't be dead.

October 3, 2012 12:39 pm  #895

tobeornot221b wrote:

Oh, I see. I've kept myself deliberately away from Cabin Pressure so far because I know myself...

Ha, now you're lost. I know what to bring to our meeting..... 

October 3, 2012 2:02 pm  #896

And don't forget the lemons, Britta. 

October 3, 2012 2:25 pm  #897

Or the jelly babies and a bottle of  Tallisker.

Me? Troll?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 4, 2012 7:44 am  #898

I lapsed into a mycroft (sat crossed legged, smiled politely with an air condescension) while explaining to my mother why the Islamic program on tv was total bs.   She was not amused!  Wish I had an umbrella to complete the act standing up........notes for next time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come On Jan already!

October 4, 2012 11:39 am  #899

.... when you really have to take away that Sherlock-theme ringtone from your mobile because you don't want to answer the phone so you can just go on listening to it .... *dreaming*

October 4, 2012 11:40 am  #900

I'm always so happy when my phone rings. For the same reasons. 

Board footera