BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 23, 2012 8:25 pm  #821

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

No striped jumpers as far as I can recall, but there WAS something like a PSoS in the gay bar scene.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 23, 2012 8:27 pm  #822

Quite dangerous, but I didn't see as much as Herriet. Just wonder about the Blind Banker...

I was a bit embarrassed about the pills-abuse in our crime series. Smoking is forbidden, for good reason, but now you see alcohol and pills everywhere...

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 23, 2012 8:27 pm  #823

My better half discovered even more details than me - so there should be something that is beyond fandom.

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 23, 2012 8:29 pm  #824

I didn't see Tatort but many interesting heroes do have some vices or dangerous habits. Think of Gregory House or … what was the name of that dark-haired detective guy? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 23, 2012 8:30 pm  #825

Even the night-scenes over the top of the streets of Dortmund reminded me of the beginning of Sherlock 

September 23, 2012 8:31 pm  #826

Blind Banker was the high escalator and at the end the captivation scene - get untied before you get killed.
Ok, a little far fetched, perhaps...

September 23, 2012 8:32 pm  #827

Hm, I guess it was a mistake to read Sherlock Holmes instead of watching a Sherlockian Tatort from Dortmund. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 23, 2012 8:34 pm  #828

Mattlocked: me, too - also the industrial area scenes
Maybe WDR is learning. Actually I thought: I would like that Tatort very much for its esthetics, but being almost sure where it comes from spoilt it a little bit.

Last edited by Harriet (September 23, 2012 8:35 pm)

September 23, 2012 8:35 pm  #829

It is never a mistake to read Sherlock Holmes.

Today I was watching a piece of an old American "Crime"-series. In German "Hart aber Herzlich". Jonathan Hart and his wife solving crimes.
Just wanted to change the channel as they talked about a horse called "Hound of Baskerville" and Sherlock Holmes. I stayed a bit longer, but there wasn't any more.

September 23, 2012 8:38 pm  #830

SusiGo wrote:

Hm, I guess it was a mistake to read Sherlock Holmes instead of watching a Sherlockian Tatort from Dortmund. 

Maybe this helps: Alter Ego was the title, ardmediathek.de should be able to show it.

September 23, 2012 8:50 pm  #831

I wonder if we now shall look this over and over again until the next Dortmund-Tatort airs...? 

September 23, 2012 8:51 pm  #832

No. Or was it really good enough to enough to help you overcome the Sherlock withdrawal symptoms?

September 23, 2012 8:52 pm  #833

Well, we COULD read a book in between 

We here watched it right again on festivaleins (just the first minutes) and discovered still some nice little details.

September 23, 2012 8:53 pm  #834

Ts... this is totally crazy. 

September 23, 2012 8:56 pm  #835

Susi: No, it just told me how obsessed I really am. It was quite good and the allusions quite stunning.

I really tend to think the makers watched Sherlock and used some things from it.

September 23, 2012 9:13 pm  #836

That would be a good idea. German Krimis are often so boring.

September 24, 2012 2:15 am  #837

...you buy yourself a purple shirt!

Last edited by veecee (September 24, 2012 2:16 am)

September 24, 2012 8:46 am  #838

SusiGo wrote:

That would be a good idea. German Krimis are often so boring.

Right, and americans are even worse.
Maybe it might help if the germans copy/paste a little bit.

veecee: Wow! Impressed!

September 25, 2012 12:07 am  #839

veecee wrote:

...you buy yourself a purple shirt!

I did, too! I wear it on days when I need a bit of attitude. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 25, 2012 3:41 am  #840

I've got a purple shirt, too!  Wearing it tomorrow. :D

Also, today for my class I put a picture of Sherlock in my slide show to represent reading (he's reading in the picture).  I told my students, "If you don't know who that is, shame on you!"  One girl asked, "Is that from Harry Potter?"  And two other students went, "No, it's SHERLOCK!"  I told the first girl she had the wrong end of the nerd-o-sphere.  (It was "nerd day" at school.)  I told them they should all go home and watch it on Netflix!

Board footera