BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 20, 2012 11:50 am  #761

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Aww! That's sweet of him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 20, 2012 12:18 pm  #762

That's great, but you'll have to the hide the tissues or pretend you've caught a cold. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 20, 2012 12:31 pm  #763

ancientsgate wrote:

Davina wrote:

Candy is also a slang word though for certain illicit substances isn't it? Gives a whole different meaning to The Candy Man and the lyrics. This is on topic too for the 7% solution.

Didn't Heath Ledger star in a movie called Candy? He and the GF were druggies. It was a real hard movie to watch. I have no idea if that slang word for cocaine or whatever it was is a thing of the past or what. Blessedly, I don't travel in such circles, so I don't know.

It can be a slang for any kind of drug; cocaine is sometimes referred to as "nose candy." At the hospital, we have a pharmacist we call "The Candy Man.

I rarely use this slang. I prefer the proper meaning of candy. Mmmmm...candy...

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 20, 2012 12:47 pm  #764

Mattlocked wrote:

...when your husband comes home and finds you watching TRF again; and when he asks how often you've seen it, you don't remember and you answer: "Not often enough"
And then you are afraid he might call the doctor, but all he answers is: "Fine, because I'd like to watch it together with you next weekend."

You're so lucky. My husband is not a fan. And I'd rather not have him watch with me, than be worrying about what he thinks the whole time the show is running, when I'd rather just be ogling.

September 20, 2012 12:49 pm  #765

Mattlocked wrote:

...when your husband comes home and finds you watching TRF again; and when he asks how often you've seen it, you don't remember and you answer: "Not often enough"
And then you are afraid he might call the doctor, but all he answers is: "Fine, because I'd like to watch it together with you next weekend."

Lucky you! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 20, 2012 1:58 pm  #766

My husband brought it up! He found it on an webpage of a magazine he checks regularly.
Sherlock got good critics there so he suggested to watch it when it first was on German tv.
If I remember right it was late then and I usually fell asleep in the middle of the show. 
When we noticed it's really brilliant it was over - and we had missed half of the episodes, too.
So I bought the DVDs. And we watched it all over again and with ! original voices !.  Well, and the rest you all know....

It is just perfect for both of us. When I keep saying: "Wow, this show is brilliant!", he keeps answering: "Remember who suggested it!"
When he asks me: "Sherlock AGAIN?" I keep answering:"Don't blame ME, you suggested it!" 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 20, 2012 3:34 pm  #767

Lucky girl, Mattlocked - really!
I'm sometimes sooo fed up with not being understood. There are no people around me who share my love for this show - I don't know anyone in real life who's like me... - ok, except my kids - but they study  elsewhere.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 20, 2012 3:49 pm  #768

Yes, it can be quite frustrating. My family likes Sherlock - up to a certain point. But they're far from being obsessed. So I'm always happy to meet you all who are just as crazy as I am. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 20, 2012 3:57 pm  #769

Thinking of hubby and Sherlock I would not talk about ( of ?) "obsessed". And I am not sure if he really understands. Maybe better not.  But I don't understand some of his obsessions, either, so...
Live and let live. 

September 20, 2012 7:45 pm  #770

I told my husband I'm writing a Johnlock story and I need to use him as research for the kissing scenes (maybe more if he's really good ) I told him I need to be able to describe each maneuver with total accuracy.  Where he was tolerant of my obsession before, he's suddenly quite intrigued, now that there might be benefits........

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

September 20, 2012 7:59 pm  #771

So excited for your story, KP! And I wish your husband good luck and all the benefits...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 20, 2012 8:04 pm  #772

He'll probably say he needs extra practice. You know. Just to get it right! 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 20, 2012 8:16 pm  #773

I'm sure your story will be great. Looking forward to reading it. 

September 20, 2012 9:30 pm  #774

So it is you he's gona kiss? I mean... research for Johnlock..... 

September 21, 2012 2:55 am  #775

She's going to wear a tacky sweater (jumper) during the research for authenticity.

September 21, 2012 7:00 am  #776

And he's going to wear the PSoS!

September 21, 2012 7:06 am  #777

Once again the word "cumbersome" popped up in my translation. I just love the first half of it. 

September 21, 2012 8:10 am  #778

SusiGo wrote:

Once again the word "cumbersome" popped up in my translation. I just love the first half of it. 

And I found the "batch" on the pen I bought recently in the English Shop. 

September 21, 2012 8:12 am  #779

I can't write an answer when your signature keeps looking at me. 

September 21, 2012 12:21 pm  #780

Davina wrote:

And he's going to wear the PSoS!

As well (hopefully) as the black jeans of sex.  Mmmm

Board footera