BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 2, 2012 11:12 am  #601

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

ancientsgate wrote:

Banbha wrote:

Davina wrote:

You cannot put a scarf on without tying it the same way as Sherlock.
You start drinking black coffee with two sugars.

I've always done these things!

So how about this? You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you put your scarf on, or when you put two sugars in your black coffee, and you think to yourself, hey, Sherlock does this just the way I do?

I don't know, I've honestly never thought about it. My mother taught me to tie my scarves that way when I was little and some coffee just tastes better without cream (though I do have it both ways).

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 2, 2012 2:47 pm  #602

The Doctor wrote:

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when..

.. you decide on the most obvious password for your locker so your colleague can borrow your notes and you get a phone call because three people couldn't figure it out. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Could it have been any more obvious?

lol

It's three days later and I am still getting grief for this 'unreasonable deduction' to assume that the password was obvious.

It was though.

Was it SHER? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 2, 2012 3:10 pm  #603

I was listening to music just a minute ago, and a Tom Lehrer song came on. A short while into it, I heard this: "I got it from Agnes, she got it from Jim, we all agree it must have been Louise who gave it to him. She got it from Harry, who got it from Marie..." And then my head exploded. I've heard this song several times, but never connected these dots before. Skipping over Agnes, I heard Moriarty, Louise Brealey, the Equerry (I had to go to sherlockology for this one, but I knew there was a Harry somewhere), and Marie Turner.
Fandom! We must find this Agnes person!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

September 2, 2012 3:12 pm  #604

Perhaps she will be in series 3!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 2, 2012 3:16 pm  #605

I guess there's no Agnes in the canon but, er, the solution might be: myself. It's my second name. I actually wanted to surprise you, guys. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 2, 2012 3:19 pm  #606

*head explodes* I will never hear this song the same way again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

September 2, 2012 3:27 pm  #607

Harry is also John's sister. Maybe Agnes is Mrs Hudson's first name or Anthea's real name. We can speculate, and probably will, for hours. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

September 2, 2012 3:29 pm  #608

You're right, that makes much more sense than the Equerry. Can't believe I forgot Harry Watson.

September 3, 2012 9:41 am  #609

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you're observing Banbha's avatar with pleasure and at this very moment your cell rings with "Staying alive" and you think Wow! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

September 3, 2012 11:15 am  #610

The Skull wrote:

Can't believe I forgot Harry Watson.

Right. Harriet 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 3, 2012 6:26 pm  #611

Mattlocked wrote:

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

....your husband brought these from the supermarket....:

(chocolate marshmellows(?) with a tube of white sugar as incentive you can write with)

....and all you immediately want to do with it is this:

I brought fresh ones today. Any wishes?  

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 3, 2012 6:31 pm  #612

How about a heart with SH loves JW and an arrow though it? 

And did you realise that the name of the product is rather rude in English? 

Last edited by hepzibah (September 3, 2012 6:33 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

September 3, 2012 6:37 pm  #613

HEPZIBAH!!

September 3, 2012 6:38 pm  #614

LOL

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 3, 2012 6:40 pm  #615

I was going to say that last time she posted the photo but I chickened out! Well done Hepzibah! Lol

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 3, 2012 6:47 pm  #616

Mattlocked wrote:

HEPZIBAH!!

WHAT??

Is it the heart idea or the product? Well, you were the one that posted the picture!

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

September 3, 2012 6:51 pm  #617

hepzibah wrote:

And did you realise that the name of the product is rather rude in English? 

It was not until some years ago that those sweets had a different name. It was considered not PC. That's why we name them after that brand name now. Not exactly an improvement for your English ears I'm afraid.
But those "Schokoküsse" (chocolate kisses) are sooo tasty - I could eat a whole box of them (without throwing up)!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 3, 2012 6:55 pm  #618

tobeornot221b wrote:

But those "Schokoküsse" (chocolate kisses) are sooo tasty - I could eat a whole box of them (without throwing up)!

I'm currently working on it.

September 3, 2012 7:07 pm  #619

Yum, yum. 

September 3, 2012 8:11 pm  #620

And European/British chocolate is definitely better than American chocolate. American chocolate tastes like cooking chocolate. I was so disappointed the first time I tasted Hersey's Kisses!

Last edited by Davina (September 3, 2012 8:11 pm)

Board footera