BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 26, 2012 4:23 pm  #581

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Mattlocked wrote:

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

....your husband brought these from the supermarket....:

My favorite is BORED.
I would write BORING  DULL TEDIOUS GET OUT LATERS and SHUT UP, too.
lolololol

August 26, 2012 4:51 pm  #582

LATERZ. Why it has a Z I have no idea. Slang and remember the glottal stop in the middle instead of the T. Lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 26, 2012 5:57 pm  #583

Davina wrote:

LATERZ. Why it has a Z I have no idea. Slang and remember the glottal stop in the middle instead of the T. Lol

You can also spell it la'ers!

August 26, 2012 6:54 pm  #584

It doesn't matter. There is none left. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 26, 2012 7:10 pm  #585

Mattlocked wrote:

It doesn't matter. There is none left. 

But I'll bet you know where they sell them... you can get more sometime.  heh

August 26, 2012 7:28 pm  #586

Hm.... 

August 29, 2012 11:33 pm  #587

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

.. you start watching average (good but not excellent) movies only because they share the same actor as your beloved Sherlock!!

*sighs*

August 29, 2012 11:35 pm  #588

As Benedict stated himself so lovely"

"Sherlock fans are, by and large, an intelligent breed, so they’ve gone through my back catalogue and got what I’ve done, why and how I’ve done it. There is some obsessive behaviour, but I worry for them rather than me."

lol!

August 31, 2012 7:43 am  #589

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock

.... when you start telling people that they count 

.... when you get a moominlock t-shirt

Last edited by Harriet (August 31, 2012 7:51 am)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 31, 2012 10:44 am  #590

.....when you punctuate your viewing of the local and national news on TV with, "Idiot! Moron! Shut UP!" and, "Just stop it now... Stop. It."

August 31, 2012 11:10 am  #591

Maybe this doesn't fall under the category of 'obsession' but I sure have been noticing a lot of Sherlock actors (and those related to them) every time I turn on the TV lately.  Sunday night it was Amanda Abbington in a Jackson Brodie episode on PBS.  On Monday morning I turned on the movie channel and there was Martin in "Nativity".  Last night I couldn't sleep so I was flipping through the movie channels again and paused on one with British actors. I heard a very, very  familiar accent and checked the cast listing.  Sure enough it was Rupert Graves.  He was a bit younger but so handsome.  I only caught the last 30 minutes, but the title was "Different for Girls"  I'd like to watch the whole thing some time because what I saw was charming.  It was about two boys who had been close friends but who then move on in life.  When they meet again, one has had a sex-change operation and is now a woman.  (Rupert is not the one who changes). Through a series of events, their relationship moves to a whole new level  .  So sweet to see a lovely little bedroom scene as they explore this new area.  I laughed with delight at the look of happiness and wonder on Rupert's character's face when he exclaims, "It fits!"  Tastefully done with lots of 'feels'. Oh yes, when that movie was over, I flipped to the next station up and there was 'Nativity' again.  There's no escaping these people!   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

August 31, 2012 11:51 am  #592

KeepersPrice wrote:

.....Rupert Graves.  He was a bit younger but so handsome.  I only caught the last 30 minutes, but the title was "Different for Girls"  I'd like to watch the whole thing some time because what I saw was charming. It was about two boys who had been close friends but who then move on in life.  When they meet again, one has had a sex-change operation and is now a woman.  (Rupert is not the one who changes). Through a series of events, their relationship moves to a whole new level  . So sweet to see a lovely little bedroom scene as they explore this new area. I laughed with delight at the look of happiness and wonder on Rupert's character's face when he exclaims, "It fits!" Tastefully done with lots of 'feels'. ...There's no escaping these people!

Why would you want to [escape them]? I mean, seriously?

Wait a minute. He actually said, "It fits!" ???  lololol   Okay then!

August 31, 2012 2:13 pm  #593

ancientsgate wrote:

KeepersPrice wrote:

There's no escaping these people!

Why would you want to [escape them]? I mean, seriously?

Wait a minute. He actually said, "It fits!" ???  lololol   Okay then!

I guess I should have quoted Sherlock in aSib - "There's no stopping them, apparently."

Don't really want to escape them, and glad they were getting all that work; but damn, they're starting to keep me up all night! I'm a walking wreck today. Once I spot them I can't stop watching because I love them and they're my friends.  

If you can get past all the violence and lurid sex that comes on those movie channels at 3:00 in the morning, you can find some little hidden gems. Yup!  He said "It fits."  Adorable!  .  I need to see the whole movie so I can see the progression of their relationship.  Check out the trailer:

August 31, 2012 2:15 pm  #594

August 31, 2012 2:32 pm  #595

And I liked him very much in "Maurice". Great film BTW.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 1, 2012 6:47 am  #596

...when you see a van with the name Stapleton on it and you smile.

...when you have a start when you see your sandwich is made from a seeded batch loaf.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 1, 2012 11:31 pm  #597

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when..

.. you decide on the most obvious password for your locker so your colleague can borrow your notes and you get a phone call because three people couldn't figure it out. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Could it have been any more obvious?

lol

It's three days later and I am still getting grief for this 'unreasonable deduction' to assume that the password was obvious.

It was though.

September 2, 2012 1:45 am  #598

Davina wrote:

You cannot put a scarf on without tying it the same way as Sherlock.

You start drinking black coffee with two sugars.

I've always done these things!

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 2, 2012 2:08 am  #599

Banbha wrote:

Davina wrote:

You cannot put a scarf on without tying it the same way as Sherlock.
You start drinking black coffee with two sugars.

I've always done these things!

So how about this? You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you put your scarf on, or when you put two sugars in your black coffee, and you think to yourself, hey, Sherlock does this just the way I do?

September 2, 2012 8:38 am  #600

Good point! 

Board footera