BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 1, 2012 9:01 pm  #41

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

You know your obsessed when:

You talk about it all day everyday
Write I AM SHERLOCKED everywhere
Turn up the collar of your trench coat all the time
Try to think and generally be like Sherlock

Just to cool! 

“Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring.”

March 2, 2012 12:10 am  #42

When you start wearing a dressing gown round the house...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 2, 2012 3:34 am  #43

When your text ring tone is the theme
When Ben saying OMG is your email ring tone
When your non Sherlock friends tells you to stop watching Sherlock and watch the Blu-ray's or Dvd's they gave you to watch
When you are searching for a dressing gown like Sherlock's
When you get frustrated at work and want to tell everyone to shut up because you can't think
When you look down at your cell phone's wallpaper hasn't seen anyone but Sherlock and John on it for ages

I asked my mom when I get a new door could I paint it black she said yes. But she want's nothing on it I asked could I put #'s on it?
Why?
Cause....
I will put 221B on my door weather she says yes or no XD

Sherlock Holmes: Shut up everybody, shut up! Don't move, don't speak, don't breathe, I'm trying to think. Anderson, face the other way, you're putting me off.

March 2, 2012 6:39 am  #44

Yes, do it - and then start calling your mum Mrs Hudson!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 2, 2012 7:00 am  #45

To which she will reply 'not you housekeeper!' lol

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 2, 2012 7:14 am  #46

Pffttt that is SO funny! When my daughters were growing up  (late 80's - 90's) I used to have a saying that all their friends would repeat when I started.

"Hey, I'm your mother not your housekeeper!" That's really freaky. I must remind my kids (grown mothers themselves now) and they are Sherlock fans, so they'll laugh like anything!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 2, 2012 3:20 pm  #47

....When you get Sherlock Dyslexia.

I made up the name of this condition but it's basically when you look at words and think they say something Sherlock related when actually they don't. Example: I was watching the news today and there was this guy on called Jim Murphy, and when his name came up on the bottom of the screen I double taked thinking it said Jim Moriarty.

March 3, 2012 10:05 am  #48

Lol I started to say that to people when I pick up things for them I'm not your housekeeper dear.

I was so tired one night while at work that I looked at a shoe box (Works at shoe store) and I thought it said Moran but it said Maron. OK I knew I was tired that reading boxes wrong thinking sherlock character names.

Sherlock Holmes: Shut up everybody, shut up! Don't move, don't speak, don't breathe, I'm trying to think. Anderson, face the other way, you're putting me off.

March 5, 2012 5:25 pm  #49

In normal life you see or hear a phrase and immediately an image from Sherlock springs to mind. Example: a friend has been doing some building work here lately, no gun with silencer in toolbox, and when I texted to ask how much I owed him he texted back with the amount and added 'no rush' as a postscript. Now I bet you can't guess which image flew into my funny little brain!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 6, 2012 1:58 pm  #50

OK, so today I asked my Mum if she would mind if I started signing my text messages with "SH". She has reluctantly accepted.

March 6, 2012 2:44 pm  #51

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

OK, so today I asked my Mum if she would mind if I started signing my text messages with "SH". She has reluctantly accepted.

How nice of her... I could do that without permission, SH are really my initials 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

March 6, 2012 2:53 pm  #52

Irene_Adler wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

How nice of her... I could do that without permission, SH are really my initials 

Damn you, I'm so jealous!!

March 7, 2012 7:57 pm  #53

...Whenever someone tells you they're bored you can't help shouting out "BORED!"
When you don't want to answer your phone because it has a Sherlock ringtone and you'd prefer to listen to it than answer the call
When you hope a situation will one day arise where you will need to duck, and will be able to shout "Vatican Cameos!"

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes (March 7, 2012 8:05 pm)

March 7, 2012 8:24 pm  #54

When you hope someone in public will have "staying alive" as their ringtone as well because then you can jump on them and sit on their lap immediately...

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 7, 2012 9:21 pm  #55

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

When you hope a situation will one day arise where you will need to duck, and will be able to shout "Vatican Cameos!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlvKyY4BF-U&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL3F3FDBC1A89E9BE4 Who says that you have to wait for said situation... ( oh, and sorry for the link, i haven't really got the hang of how to post the video on here  )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

March 8, 2012 12:45 am  #56

That's absolutely amazing! Those people are legends! I would love to do that, but I have no Sherlockian friends except on the internet, awww.

March 8, 2012 12:46 am  #57

Also, if you were just out somewhere and you heard someone randomly do it, would you dive to the floor?! I so would!

March 8, 2012 6:21 am  #58

Yes i absolutely would XD nice way to find other Sherlockians  Maybe i can convince a few of my friends to do it... 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

March 8, 2012 6:27 am  #59

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Also, if you were just out somewhere and you heard someone randomly do it, would you dive to the floor?! I so would!

Nah. I'd laugh hysterically and start throwing other one liners back at them!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

March 8, 2012 7:13 am  #60

There is another posting on you tube which has some American lass going into a shopping mall and doing the Vatican Cameos thing. This is funny to watch because she's actually petrified about doing it throughout and also considerate about where she will shout it out because she doesn't want to scare any little old ladies.

Board footera