BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 13, 2012 3:22 pm  #501

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Thanks, Davina.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

August 13, 2012 7:13 pm  #502

Yes, Congratulations! I hope you enjoy doing whatever you're going to do!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

August 13, 2012 7:20 pm  #503

hepzibah wrote:

veecee wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

And you wish you could find a purple shirt of sex for your husband. *dreams*

My husband is so sweet. He actually agreed to let me buy him a purple shirt. Granted, it's an Eddie Bauer polo shirt and who knows if he'll ever wear it, but I appreciated the gesture.

Veecee, the least you can do now for your husband is to model Irene's 'battle dress'

Oh, dear! Better get out the red lipstick and nail polish (lacquer).

August 13, 2012 7:23 pm  #504

Now that's a very interesting discussion … 

Last edited by SusiGo (August 13, 2012 8:23 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 13, 2012 8:20 pm  #505

And the shoes! Don't forget the shoes!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 14, 2012 3:00 am  #506

Thank you, Davina! I wouldn't want to be considered underdressed!

August 14, 2012 5:20 pm  #507

... when you find a door sign to buy in a shop, saying "vacant" - but you don't think of your bathroom.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 14, 2012 7:05 pm  #508

I'm missing that one (said with a vacant look).

August 14, 2012 8:01 pm  #509

Do you mean you don't get it Veecee?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 14, 2012 9:24 pm  #510

Doesn't Sherlock say something somewhere along the lines of "vacant people" or "vacant minds"? It might have been in ASiP. Or am I miss-remembering that bit of dialogue? 

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

August 14, 2012 9:29 pm  #511

You remember right.
ASiP, the "Rachel!"-scene, when nobody understands Sherlock
"Look at you lot. You're all so vacant. Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing." 

Probably more obvious / easy to remember for not native speaker as we don't really use "vacant" that often... 

Last edited by Mattlocked (August 14, 2012 9:30 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 14, 2012 9:31 pm  #512

Mattlocked wrote:

You remember right.
ASiP, the "Rachel!"-scene, when nobody understands Sherlock
"Look at you lot. You're all so vacant. Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing." 

Probably more obvious / easy to remember for not native speaker as we don't really use "vacant" that often... 

Thanks Mattlocked, that's the one I was remembering! 

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?

August 14, 2012 9:34 pm  #513

Just look at you lot. You're all so vacant.

A Study in Pink.

August 14, 2012 9:38 pm  #514

Davina wrote:

Just look at you lot. You're all so vacant.

A Study in Pink.

Why would I do that?

August 14, 2012 11:18 pm  #515

That's kind of what I was thinking. Thanks.

August 14, 2012 11:26 pm  #516

Mattlocked wrote:

Vacant is a classy word for someone who can't rub two brain cells together to form a coherent thought, though. What I call a 50 cent word, lol. Someone vacant is what we call "out to lunch"-- gone someplace in their mind, some place far, far away from their surroundings. Nobody home, at the top of their dome.  heh

August 14, 2012 11:31 pm  #517

You know you're obsessed when your family has to beg you to learn a different warmup song on your chosen instrument. It's "Welcome to London", of course.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

August 15, 2012 4:57 am  #518

You're really obsessed when you enter the WC and while washing your hands notice two letters written on the water-supply pipe and start laughing because these letters are SH . I have no idea of this abbreviation's real meaning but for me there is only one possible variant .

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

August 15, 2012 6:19 am  #519

I'm sure Mattlocked alludes to Sherlock's: "Oh, look at you lot. You're all so vacant. Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing." (ASiP).  Same word, different meaning.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 15, 2012 4:10 pm  #520

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

you feel proud after successfully having guessed someone's computer password by deducing the person's personality and preferences.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera