BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2012 11:36 am  #381

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

You know you are obsessed with Sherlock when...having driven into a carpark and taken a ticket at the machine on the way in, you put it between your lips to hold it while you drive round trying to find a place and cannot get the image of Irene with the dog collar in her mouth out of your mind!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2012 12:04 pm  #382

When you get all excited over seeing '1,895' on your math test. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

July 21, 2012 6:32 pm  #383

...when your friends in "real life" start to call you Sherlock (or any other name from the show)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 21, 2012 6:36 pm  #384

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

...when your friends in "real life" start to call you Sherlock (or any other name from the show)

You can tell them to piss off.  lololol

July 21, 2012 6:37 pm  #385

Davina wrote:

You know you are obsessed with Sherlock when...having driven into a carpark and taken a ticket at the machine on the way in, you put it between your lips to hold it while you drive round trying to find a place and cannot get the image of Irene with the dog collar in her mouth out of your mind!

Dog collar? I've never heard it called that. It's a clerical collar.

Doesn't it make you wonder what else Sher has in his closet back at 221B? A fireman's jacket? bwahahahaha! Kinky....

July 21, 2012 6:47 pm  #386

Here clerical collars are commonly referred to as 'dog collars', honestly. He's definitely got that day-glo emergency services jacket as he tried that on first when deciding what to wear before visiting Irene's lair. She wouldn't have been able to 'whip' that off so easily!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2012 9:16 pm  #387

Davina wrote:

Here clerical collars are commonly referred to as 'dog collars', honestly. He's definitely got that day-glo emergency services jacket as he tried that on first when deciding what to wear before visiting Irene's lair. She wouldn't have been able to 'whip' that off so easily!   

Thanks for the dog collar thing. I don't believe I've ever heard it before.

lol, the firefighter's jacket might have protected him from her riding crop.... although on second think, I suppose she would have wrapped up in it, rather than his fancy coat. And that *definitely* wouldn't have had the same effect.

I understand that the original ACD Sherlock had a "thing" about riding crops. Interesting that the writers had someone use one on him. heh  Kinky.

July 22, 2012 4:25 pm  #388

Today I was sitting in a restaurant when my eye fell on a bright yellow jacket hanging over a chair and I at once thought of Sherlock's day-glo jacket from TGG and Baskerville.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 22, 2012 5:05 pm  #389

My little homage to Sherlock Holmes (This is from my new novel and I quote my protagonist, a London theatre and literary critic. It takes place in the autumn of 1890).

"I recently read two novels written by a Scottish ophthalmologist. One is called A Study in Scarlet and the other The Sign of the Four. The hero is a detective who solves his cases most notably due to his brilliant power of deduction. Unfortunately the books haven‘t been a success so far. I consider reviewing them so that they may attract the attention they deserve."

Last edited by SusiGo (July 22, 2012 5:06 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 23, 2012 2:22 am  #390

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

when you agree to become flatmates with someone upon meeting them and fall in totally platonic love with said person.

*true story*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh hey, I'm just gonna become your flatmate, fall in platonic love with you, protect you from evil cabbies, defy EVERY expectation you've had of me to leave you, and make you tea. Nothing special.

July 25, 2012 2:33 am  #391

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

.. you nod approvingly as you notice a fellow board member's ID on a FanFiction comment you just enjoyed.

July 25, 2012 12:36 pm  #392

Because you get this bored and have to do something with your hands.

Last edited by refit4historicalhospital (July 25, 2012 12:44 pm)

July 25, 2012 12:40 pm  #393

Wow, Refit, did you draw that? It's absolutely brilliant! I could never draw something like that!!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 25, 2012 12:43 pm  #394

Molly Hooper wrote:

Wow, Refit, did you draw that? It's absolutely brilliant! I could never draw something like that!!

I did! It was quite a bit of fun.

I did one of John here too : http://wakingsparrow.deviantart.com/#/d58e9yr

July 25, 2012 12:53 pm  #395

Beautiful *awed*

July 25, 2012 1:13 pm  #396

Wow, these are absolutely beautiful.

July 25, 2012 1:14 pm  #397

I love both and almost amended my post to make that clear, but don't need to now .

Just a suggestion refit. You could insert the 'title' and the wording used that places the drawing of John in context

July 25, 2012 1:25 pm  #398

riumety wood-cut

JaneCo wrote:

I love both and almost amended my post to make that clear, but don't need to now .

Just a suggestion refit. You could insert the 'title' and the wording used that places the drawing of John in context

I shall! My post of John's drawing was awfully large so I am bringing it down a bit. Also, I am excited 'refit' is going to work for a summation of my username.

"John Confesses"

'I think about you everyday...'

John stared down at the empty inbox of his phone, yet again waiting for a reply that would never come.

July 25, 2012 1:50 pm  #399

refit4historicalhospital wrote:

riumety wood-cut

JaneCo wrote:

I shall! My post of John's drawing was awfully large so I am bringing it down a bit. Also, I am excited 'refit' is going to work for a summation of my username.

"John Confesses"

John stared down at the empty inbox of his phone, yet again waiting for a reply that would never come.

OMG. Absolutely thud-worthy, both of your drawings. Were these done in charcoal? Tell me you have them framed and put up somewhere where people can see/appreciate them. You are very talented-- it's *hard* to do portraits and make them look like the people they're supposed to be. We're all envious.

July 25, 2012 2:10 pm  #400

TITUT

ancientsgate wrote:

refit4historicalhospital wrote:

riumety wood-cut

JaneCo wrote:

"John Confesses"

OMG. Absolutely thud-worthy, both of your drawings. Were these done in charcoal? Tell me you have them framed and put up somewhere where people can see/appreciate them. You are very talented-- it's *hard* to do portraits and make them look like the people they're supposed to be. We're all envious.

Goodness, thank you so much!
I am very relieved that other people enjoy them. For some reason I was embarrassed to post them here. Both of the drawings are done in pencil, ebony and B8 (and a little India ink) being the darkest shades.
Sadly where I live many people have not been properly Sherlocked, so these both are chilling out with me in my studio.
If you have any favorite Sherlock screen caps I'd be happy to try to draw them!

Board footera