BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 19, 2012 1:04 pm  #21

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Me too! I have quite a few really interesting 'experiments' going on in my fridge as we speak!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 20, 2012 3:04 am  #22

Almost all your likes/favourites on Youtube are Sherlock or have something to do with Sherlock.
You can't stop talking or thinking about Sherlock.

[Sherlock buzzes Van Coon's neighbor]
Eddie's Neighbour: Hello?
Sherlock Holmes: Hi, um, I live in the flat just below you. I don't think we've met!
Eddie's Neighbour: No, well, er, I just moved in.
Sherlock Holmes: [grimaces] Actually, I just locked my keys in my flat!
Eddie's Neighbour: You want me to buzz you in?
Sherlock Holmes: Yeah, and can I use your balcony?
Eddie's Neighbour: What?
[Cuts to Sherlock jumping off of her balcony onto the one below it]

Lestrade: And exactly how many times did he fall out a window?
Sherlock Holmes: Oh, it's all a bit of a blur, detective. I lost count.

I have two awesome signatures. : D

February 21, 2012 1:04 pm  #23

You ask people what it's like in their funny little brains.
You declare that quiet, peaceful days are 'hateful'.
You start learning to play the violin.
You ask your brother how the diet is going every time you see him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 22, 2012 7:36 pm  #24

Whenever you see a big wheel you think of the Sherlock credits (I was in Manchester yesterday and did exactly that)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 22, 2012 10:22 pm  #25

I like that one. What about never feeling quite the same about the London A-Z?

February 22, 2012 10:23 pm  #26

February 23, 2012 10:24 am  #27

And thinking every piece of graffiti you see is some kind of cipher

February 23, 2012 11:44 am  #28

Referring to Crescent's post. I find John's walk fascinating. Martin Freeman has done a really good job of giving him a military walk.
I think this is particularly noticeable in the last scene in The Reichenbach Fall when he is talking to Sherlock at the graveside. He finishes by pulling himself to attention, about turning and almost marching away.
Great characterisation!

February 23, 2012 4:03 pm  #29

You look at people's underpants and try to work out whether they're gay
You tell people that you don't eat when you're walking because the digesting interupts your thinking

February 24, 2012 3:13 pm  #30

You have Staying Alive as your ring tone.
You borrow other people's laptops without asking them-ah wait... The  kids are always doing this!!

February 24, 2012 10:55 pm  #31

Davina wrote:

You have Staying Alive as your ring tone.

Doesn't mean obsession at all. I quite like the Bee Gees.
Honest!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 25, 2012 12:02 pm  #32

It's just Night Fever!

February 27, 2012 6:34 pm  #33

When you try to make your family and friends obsessed with Sherlock too...

February 27, 2012 8:07 pm  #34

When you spend an inordinate amount on time on here!

February 27, 2012 11:08 pm  #35

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

This is exactly what's happening to me (and my friends and family, of course)

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

February 28, 2012 1:54 pm  #36

Irene_Adler wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Is it working?

February 28, 2012 3:50 pm  #37

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Irene_Adler wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Is it working?

With my friends it's working, with my family... not so much 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

February 29, 2012 9:01 pm  #38

When you accidentally sign SH on a text message to your mother...damn, can't believe I actually DID that, she thought I was telling her to shut up - as in SHH.

Also, when you force yourself to come off the computer because you've been on Sherlock related websites all day, only to find you're doing exactly the same thing but on your mobile phone instead.

February 29, 2012 9:39 pm  #39

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

When you accidentally sign SH on a text message to your mother...damn, can't believe I actually DID that, she thought I was telling her to shut up - as in SHH.

Hmm, that sounded funny. Maybe i should start doing that..... Or maybe not XD i think my friends is getting pretty tired about all the Sherlock stuff   

Whenever you watch a Sherlock episode you set up a sign on you door saying: "Please don't disturb, Sherlock episode playing"
The word "Reichenbach" is enough to bring you to tears.
When your teacher asks if you can make a list off all your favorite actors and directors, your list looks like this:

Benedict Cumberbatch
Martin Freeman
Una stubbs
Mark Gatiss
Steven moffat
Andrew scott
Louise Brealey
Ruper Graves

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research."
-- Sherlock (to Anderson)

March 1, 2012 3:59 pm  #40

That was our list. And  I have still not forgiven you for stop me redning the list

Board footera