BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 5, 2016 7:25 am  #3781

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

I notice every time, but then forget which of my dramas it is...I think it's Beowulf.
But anyway, one of them, has a producer with the surname ' Smallwood' and I giggle childishly each time I see it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 5, 2016 8:26 am  #3782

tonnaree wrote:

nakahara wrote:

I too had a big laugh in a book store lately. I saw a big "Sherlock Holmes" book in one book-shelf:

And right next to it, this book was placed:

No one will persuade me, they didn´t do it on purpose.

Don't know if that was an employee or a customer but that was totally on purpose!
I do stuff like that in book stores.  I will hide books by politicians that I hate.  *giggle*

I do that, too. Once I spread aaaaall the Sherlock dvds out so they did build quite a big square in the shelves. (Did I describe that right?)
But immediately after I left the shelves, an employee put all of them back to just one place. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 5, 2016 2:07 pm  #3783

Now even the my co-workers have started to refer to Benedict as "your boyfriend."    

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 5, 2016 4:53 pm  #3784

Don't they know he's married?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 6, 2016 6:06 am  #3785

I'm married too.  We have an understanding.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 6, 2016 8:14 am  #3786

The girls at work always refer to him as "Your man".
I always sigh and say"He's not my man, he's married."

March 15, 2016 6:01 pm  #3787

You know you're obsessed when your mum send you a photo of the paint colours she's planning on using for the house and the French name of one of the colours sticks out to you:

Clueing for looks.

March 15, 2016 6:07 pm  #3788

Ha.

March 16, 2016 1:14 pm  #3789

tonnaree wrote:

Now even the my co-workers have started to refer to Benedict as "your boyfriend."    

Thank the gods it's not just me!

One colleague in particular in my department always hijacks me whenever I go near her office, asking, "Have you seen the latest pictures of your boyfriend?" or "What's the latest news on your boyfriend?"  After The Abominable Bride aired, staff from all over the building, who don't normally talk with me, were tracking me down to tell me, "I liked it ... but I didn't really get it."  And on the anniversary of my 35th year at the company, my department put up posters of Ben with "Congratulations on being here for 35 years!" and "Don't you wish he worked here too?"!

March 16, 2016 2:13 pm  #3790

Ariane DeVere wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Thank the gods it's not just me!

One colleague in particular in my department always hijacks me whenever I go near her office, asking, "Have you seen the latest pictures of your boyfriend?" or "What's the latest news on your boyfriend?" After The Abominable Bride aired, staff from all over the building, who don't normally talk with me, were tracking me down to tell me, "I liked it ... but I didn't really get it." And on the anniversary of my 35th year at the company, my department put up posters of Ben with "Congratulations on being here for 35 years!" and "Don't you wish he worked here too?"!

LOL  That's just fabulous!

I have a discret shrine to Benedict on the inside wall of my desk unit.  This one women says "let me come around and look at your boyfriend" every time she comes to see me!  One of the photos is the famous red bird swim trunks one.
I also keep my Sherlock wall calendar at work. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 16, 2016 2:59 pm  #3791

Nice, tonnaree.  This is the first year I do not have a Sherlock calendar in the office; but when Tobe came to visit she brought me such a nice calendar filled with fabulous London scenes, I feel very happy with that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 16, 2016 3:07 pm  #3792

*sigh*  I miss London.   I've only been there once, but I still miss it.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 16, 2016 5:12 pm  #3793

You must visit again...
I love it and would miss my twice yearly visits.

March 18, 2016 7:18 pm  #3794

Probably TMI, but when you're being driven back home from a psych ER with some pills that are supposed to stop you thinking... and you wonder how Sherlock would feel about those. Imagine someone spiking his drink with those. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 18, 2016 7:38 pm  #3795

My latest is from delivering first aid training yesterday.
I walked into the class, just as they were watching the CPR video.
Of  course it's the Stayin' Alive theme.
I immediately started dancing and singing.
The teacher laughed and said ' Boys and Girls Mrs Smith is old enough to remember Saturday Night Fever.'
I replied 'Yes. But I really know it, cos it's a Sherlock thing.'
The whole class looked at me and said ' A Sherlock thing?!'

March 18, 2016 9:19 pm  #3796

Hahaha! I remember learning CPR and high school and them telling us the rhythm is the same as the "ah ah ah ah" from Stayin' Alive.

Clueing for looks.

March 18, 2016 9:27 pm  #3797

Only in a few of the CPR classes I've had (I think it's 5 or 6 in total) we used Staying Alive... but apparently 'Another One Bites The Dust' is more accurate... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 18, 2016 9:30 pm  #3798

Yes, that was said in the class.
Rather the opposite of Stayin' Alive!

March 18, 2016 9:40 pm  #3799

I've taken many CPR classes with the American Red Cross and they have NEVER used Staying Alive!
I am deeply disappointed.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 19, 2016 2:25 am  #3800

Oh!

Here in Denmark it's a tradition around easter to send little hand cut notes and not leave your name but only a series of little dots, as many as the letters in your name... If you guess it tge person who sent it to you owes you an easter egg... If you don't,  you owe them one...

my mum's aunt received such a letter... and I used my skills Sherlock taught me to determine it in fact was a fake, a commercial even... and after some googling I found out it was a supermarket.

I was turning the letter and envelope in the light, sniffing it, looking at it from the side and stuff... it was actually a good fake!

Mum called me 'the great detective' and I had to laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera