BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 10, 2012 1:40 pm  #361

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Straker wrote:

When you no longer have any wall space left in your house because framed photos & autographs of every actor who has played Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson on film, TV, radio, and stage take-up every square inch of it. (yup - that would be me!)

My home was like that, back along about 1988-1992 or so, when I closely followed the current figure skating scene. I met, got pics with and autographs from, many of the top skaters of the time-- Brian Boitano, Brian Orser, Katarina Witt, Kristy Yamaguchi, Paul Wylie, Viktor Petrenko, Kurt Browning, etc. What fun! I proudly displayed all of that stuff in my house, doing my best to be tasteful about it, and it was very rewarding to have people come in, see everything and ask all about it and want to talk about it. What fun! So enjoy your Sherlock shrine-- you go!

July 18, 2012 5:39 am  #362

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

.. you discuss logical aspects of Sherlock with a patient you are administering medical aid to!

July 18, 2012 6:11 am  #363

ancientsgate wrote:

Straker wrote:

When you no longer have any wall space left in your house because framed photos & autographs of every actor who has played Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson on film, TV, radio, and stage take-up every square inch of it. (yup - that would be me!)

My home was like that, back along about 1988-1992 or so, when I closely followed the current figure skating scene. I met, got pics with and autographs from, many of the top skaters of the time-- Brian Boitano, Brian Orser, Katarina Witt, Kristy Yamaguchi, Paul Wylie, Viktor Petrenko, Kurt Browning, etc. What fun! I proudly displayed all of that stuff in my house, doing my best to be tasteful about it, and it was very rewarding to have people come in, see everything and ask all about it and want to talk about it. What fun! So enjoy your Sherlock shrine-- you go!

Oh, I know some of these names. The first three, I guess, I liked watching it in on TV. And Katarina Witt's still quite popular in Germany.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 18, 2012 9:26 am  #364

The Doctor wrote:

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

.. you discuss logical aspects of Sherlock with a patient you are administering medical aid to!

How did your victim, er, I mean patient, react? Did they know what you were talking about? Or did they just assume they had concussion?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 18, 2012 12:06 pm  #365

Well, the brilliant thing is the patient brought it up (I have a 221b tattoo) and it just went from there.. he is a real-life philosopher, and we had the best discussion!

July 18, 2012 12:14 pm  #366

A 221B tattoo? Well, now that's really inventive, much better than the usual stuff.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 18, 2012 12:26 pm  #367

I love this tattoo, think it is sooo sexy

Now that I have learned how to post pictures here, I am becoming a bit obsessed with it!

Last edited by hepzibah (July 18, 2012 12:27 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 20, 2012 8:19 am  #368

When you tell people not to open their mouths because it lowers the IQ of the entire street

July 20, 2012 12:54 pm  #369

now, that angel wing tat is taking this all to a new level - just mind-blowing! any connection to Holmes?

July 20, 2012 2:43 pm  #370

Nope, no connection to Sherlock, just that The Doctor a few posts up mentioned that she has a tattoo so I posted this as a tattoo I like.

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 20, 2012 4:23 pm  #371

At a stretch it could be the wings from the IOU graffiti in TRF couldn't it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2012 3:53 am  #372

I was more thinking about the 'angels' quote as well as the many references to flying throughout the BBC series. Such a fitting tattoo!

July 21, 2012 7:02 am  #373

Oh yeah! I'd not thought about that. The wings motif appears a lot one way or another.

Last edited by Davina (July 21, 2012 7:49 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2012 7:20 am  #374

I just thought it was a sexy pic, glad it has inspired discussion.

It bugs me when I see a painting or pic of an angel with wings growing from their backs. Thss gives them six limbs, i.e. 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 wings. Angels wings are like birds wings and take the place of arms, surely? And this is from someone raised in the Catholic religion where angels play an important role in the mythology. Just something that always bugged me  I tend towards the literal. Having said that, there is some really lovley fanfic about our boys as angels (really). I will try to find them and put a link in the fanfic section.

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 21, 2012 7:53 am  #375

Oooo I can feel an angel poem coming on!

An angelic pressie for you.

July 21, 2012 8:39 am  #376

Hi hepzibah, I so understand where you are coming from!

It's like imagining Centaurs - too much spine/potential for spinal trauma.. those creatures have given me nightmares for, like, forever!

July 21, 2012 8:40 am  #377

Hah, do you think we may be taking this all a bit too seriously!

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 21, 2012 8:46 am  #378

.. and, of course, there can only be one reply:

lol

July 21, 2012 8:46 am  #379

OHHH.... IS it??? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 21, 2012 9:15 am  #380

We are the living proof, aren't we?

Board footera