BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 27, 2015 3:28 pm  #3701

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

...when a family member choses the playlist -and Donde Estas Yolanda comes up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 28, 2015 11:08 pm  #3702

Lilythiell wrote:

...when a family member choses the playlist -and Donde Estas Yolanda comes up.

A friend of mine (the geek friend who introduced me to Ben and Sherlock) was eating at an Italian restaurant a few weeks ago, and that song came up!

... Today I posted on my Facebook that it was only 4 days until "2nd Christmas", the airing of the Special. So far I've had four or five people asking me both on the FB post and in messenger exactly when it airs, how to view it, how many episodes there are etc. And it turns out one of the grown mothers, older than me, whom I've been working with on a board of our local dog club for a year's time, is a HUGE Sherlock fan! She asked me about how to view the episode directly, and sent me pictures of her outside of Northumberland Street! I never knew! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 29, 2015 12:27 am  #3703

How lovely! I LOVE finding out you have friends who are fans of the same thing as you! 

Today at the Christmas lunch with all my highschool friends one of them saw my phone; which has the latest wallpaper from the app... and she asked me "Oooh, who are they?" And, in my best British accent I went: "Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson!" 

I almost didn't want to explain further. lol. (in my defense all my friends are geeks and nerds). But it was fun! My best friend who I'm going to the cinema with to see TAB and I also had a 'jumping up and down and squealing' moment about how soon it is coming already! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 29, 2015 2:45 am  #3704

Oh, Vhanja, that's just great! I so love when things like these happen

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 29, 2015 10:14 pm  #3705

When instead of watching your DVD's, you use Netflix to stream the show. Several benefits... the number of views go up, the DVD's doesn't get quite as used... 

And... when doing it via my chromecast I managed to be Casting Sherlock onto The TARDIS via 221BBakerStreet. 

(I named my Chromecast The Tardis, and my wifi is 221BBakerStreet)... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 29, 2015 11:46 pm  #3706

Hehehehehehehe

January 2, 2016 11:54 pm  #3707

... you get so childishly protective about your favourite character in the show that you want to yell at everybody who writes that they're glad he's dead. I know it's very childish and it's only a fictional character (and I know exactly why people are happy about it) etc. and therefore nothing to get overemotional about but anyway - I do. :D

Last edited by James Norrington (January 3, 2016 12:15 am)

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

January 3, 2016 9:02 am  #3708

I'm glad he's dead - but I guess we will see him more often - better? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 3, 2016 10:27 am  #3709

Is he really dead?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 3, 2016 12:41 pm  #3710

Harriet wrote:

I'm glad he's dead - but I guess we will see him more often - better?

Maybe. I like the last part. :D

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

January 3, 2016 12:42 pm  #3711

Am I the only person in the world still not 100% convinced he is dead?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 3, 2016 1:46 pm  #3712

I honestly don't know.

If he's actually blown his own brains out, like TPTB have been saying ever since TRF, then I'm very much inclined to agree.

But then again, you might think that, they're not being exactly the truth-telling type when it comes to plots, it might...
Oh, really, I don't know.

Moriarty's dead, long live Moriarty.
Just a name, a title, if you will. That incarnation of Moriarty is dead and gone, to me, but Moriarty, criminal mastermind is most probably not.
Maybe that's what they meant when they said they had long-term plans for the whole Moriarty arc to come to an end.

And I apologise because this had absolutely nothing to do with being obsessed with Sherlock Holmes.
Although...

January 3, 2016 1:48 pm  #3713

I confess I'm pretty obsessed about Andrew!

January 3, 2016 4:33 pm  #3714

All's good, then

January 3, 2016 5:24 pm  #3715

When after a long weekend indulging in my Sherlock addiction, taking a pretty big hit of it... you actually feel high... 

And almost managed to forget the boyfriend is starting his new job in the morning. I probably should pen him a message or something... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 3, 2016 7:59 pm  #3716

... when you've watched TAB twice in two days, and feel the abstinences when you go a whole day afterwards without watching it again...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 3, 2016 8:01 pm  #3717

Yep, me too...
Which is exactly why I'm watching it again tomorrow!

January 3, 2016 8:03 pm  #3718

When you realise that, after having it four times since it was shown, you still haven't done anything work related...and you should get a grip, because it starts again tomorrow.

January 6, 2016 4:48 pm  #3719

Nope, neither can :D

Onto ninth viewing, and I most certainly plan a tenth later on. Before going to bed, that'll be nice.

January 8, 2016 5:09 am  #3720

I love Sherlock and I'm watching it write now as I write.

SHIJOHNLOCK

Parker 

Board footera