BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 26, 2015 8:06 am  #3661

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

When you keep eyeballs in the fridge... 

Okay, it's chocolate ones... I'm saving them from Halloween to the Special! Seems like it would be perfect for that! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 1, 2015 11:23 am  #3662

What, no thumbs?

I'm reading a book, Slade House by David Mitchell, and a character just said "All the best TV detectives have complex domestic lives," and I'm thinking yep... but are you talking about detective inspectors or consulting detectives?

Oh, and the character lives on Westwood Road, so of course you know what that made me think of...

Last edited by ukaunz (December 2, 2015 3:36 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 2, 2015 3:27 pm  #3663

... when a friend of yours tells you with a laugh that when her daughter went to med school, she would have food in various states of detoration in their home fridge as she was doing a study on cultures... and I couldn't believe I was hearing about a true Sherlock! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 2, 2015 5:30 pm  #3664

Yay!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 2, 2015 5:56 pm  #3665

When, even though the special is being broadcast in the US and the UK on the same day, you plan on trying to stream the UK broadcast because you can't stand waiting even a few hours later to see it.

Last edited by tonnaree (December 2, 2015 5:57 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 2, 2015 6:11 pm  #3666

Hell, I'll be coming home for the cinema and checking to see if it's on iplayer yet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 2, 2015 6:48 pm  #3667

I'll also record it on the DVR and save it to watch over and over until I get the DVD. 

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 2, 2015 6:54 pm  #3668

I do hope they repeat it...heck I'm slacking, I've not even ordered the dvd yet!

December 2, 2015 8:41 pm  #3669

I ordered the DVD almost 4 months ago!

And I do realise I am supposed to keep the eyes in the microwave... but I'm afraid they'll melt!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 2, 2015 8:50 pm  #3670

Ok I just went to Amazon and ordered 70 quid of Sherlock stuff...
I've told hubby not to buy me anything for Xmas or birthday...
Which is a bit of a cheek, as he already got me this lap top!

December 7, 2015 5:35 pm  #3671

...when you use the word "deaded" all the time, and your friends start using it as well.

I'm certain I'm going to turn a friend of mine into a Sherlockian within the next three months -quite a long time, but since we see each other once a week...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 7, 2015 5:41 pm  #3672

Is 'deaded' peculiar to the Sherlock fandom?

December 7, 2015 5:43 pm  #3673

that's where I've come across it, so I suppose it is. (TSoT, clueing for looks)

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

December 7, 2015 5:46 pm  #3674

Oh right, I missed that!

December 7, 2015 5:51 pm  #3675

is it used in any other fandom, though? (or IRL)?

December 7, 2015 6:09 pm  #3676

Lilythiell wrote:

is it used in any other fandom, though? (or IRL)?

To the best of my knowledge it started with the Sherlockians after S3.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

December 7, 2015 6:11 pm  #3677

And it's spreading. Sherlockians will rule the world. Mwahahahahaha.

Dear Jim, stop hijacking my brain!

December 7, 2015 6:13 pm  #3678

Andrew can hijack what he likes for me!  Tee Hee.

December 8, 2015 4:55 pm  #3679

...when marking, wanting to put "perfectly sound analysis, but I was hoping you'd go deeper" as comments

December 8, 2015 5:51 pm  #3680

You are like a toddler on Xmas day, ripping open and trying on all of your Sherlock goodies that have arrived with the post!

Board footera