BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 30, 2015 8:32 pm  #3641

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

And... when you check the comments on Amazon about the official 2016 calendar... and you are about to lose it when someone complained about it having pictures of 'Mousy Molly'. I LOVE Molly!! 

I won a gift card the other day, so despite being dirt poor, the calendar is now on the way to me! It's going to replace the Benedict one nicely! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 30, 2015 10:15 pm  #3642

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

When the word 'poppet' is used on Doctor Who and your brain jumps straight to Sherlock reading the telegrams 

Whenever I hear that, including when Sherlock says it, I think of Pirates of the Caribbean because that movie was the first time I heard the word.  But Sherlock wanted to be a pirate once, so I guess it still sort of fits.

Clueing for looks.

November 5, 2015 5:04 pm  #3643

When Abba's The Winner Takes It All comes up on the radio, and most lines makes you think of Sherlock and John's relationship.

There's a line that gets me every time, it's "the Game is on again, a lover or a friend"...

Also...well, Sherlock *has* lost John, in a way, hasn't he...?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

November 6, 2015 4:36 pm  #3644

... you read the title of the film 'London Has Fallen' and the thought popps up in your head: "No, Mrs. Hudson has started to leave Baker Street after all!"

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

November 10, 2015 12:02 pm  #3645

When you look up names of Peers of the Realm and find that there was a Lord Moran, deceased in early 2014 (14th February) and cannot help but think that
a) Lord MORAN
b) he died of heartbreak because of the tarmac scene.

Last edited by Lilythiell (November 10, 2015 12:03 pm)

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

November 10, 2015 12:25 pm  #3646

Lilythiell wrote:

When you look up names of Peers of the Realm and find that there was a Lord Moran, deceased in early 2014 (14th February) and cannot help but think that
a) Lord MORAN
b) he died of heartbreak because of the tarmac scene.

That is spooky!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 10, 2015 4:43 pm  #3647

When you're doing an on-line spelling game with a school kid and one of their words is 'pink'- and you just snigger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 10, 2015 4:49 pm  #3648

Lol, I couldn't help but snigger when I read that word xD

November 13, 2015 10:44 pm  #3649

While channel surfing you suddenly exclaim "What is Lestrade doing on a date with Helena Bonham Carter???"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 14, 2015 2:48 pm  #3650

And when you have a mini heart attack when your Sherlock silhouette pendant falls to the ground into a puddle!
I never found the necklace, but luckily I heard it so I could save the pendant... and I found a chain for it instead. 

I need that necklace... it's my 'safety' item... if I start to get anxiety attacks in public I grab it and trace my fingers over it... it sounds creepy but it works!  

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (November 14, 2015 2:49 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 14, 2015 2:55 pm  #3651

Many of us have little tokens like that, nothing superstitious, just gives a warm feeling!
I wear a necklace daily, though it's not Sherlock related.
But the sight of my Sherlock calendar greets me every morning and makes me smile.
Then when I get to work, I have Sherlock stickers on my locker, they cheer me up through the day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 14, 2015 3:11 pm  #3652

It's amazing to have such things, isn't it? 
This year I have the Benedict calendar, and it always makes me smile... if I struggle I look towards it, and next year I have the Sherlock one!

I suffer from bad anxiety, if I didn't have those trinkets I doubt I'd leave my flat... 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (November 14, 2015 3:13 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 14, 2015 3:14 pm  #3653

I can leave the house, but I do feel naked if I realise I've fogotten to put my necklace on.
Oh I have various Sherlock badges on different jackets too, more tokens!

November 23, 2015 8:57 pm  #3654

I just got really happy when I realized Lars Mikkelsen is the guest in one of my favourite TV shows tonight (a news parody show)

First I thought Yay, a Sherlock actor! Then I remembered how creepy Magnussen is... and then I also remembered that time I saw him live and he refused to start before us women sitting on the floor in ball gowns because all chairs were taken, had convinced him we were comfortable enough. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 24, 2015 9:31 am  #3655

On Sunday I watched a recorded episode of German TV series Tatort. That has absolutely nothing in common with Sherlock, doesn't it?
But guess what immediately crossed my mind when I saw the following pic.It's just a tiny little something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 24, 2015 10:42 am  #3656

I love those little things!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 24, 2015 10:46 am  #3657

But that's crazy. I see this little chunky guy and have to think of Sherlock.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

November 24, 2015 11:31 am  #3658

I don't believe that! LOL
Has he stolen Sherlock's coat or is he a secret fan?
Maybe it's him who's obsessed?

Last edited by JP (November 24, 2015 11:32 am)

November 24, 2015 4:05 pm  #3659

Hilarious! 
Can also go to the silly associations thread...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 24, 2015 4:10 pm  #3660

Definitely a Sherlock-wannabe...

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera