BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 18, 2015 10:22 am  #3621

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Sounds good to me!

...when you join 2 MORE Sherlockian facebook groups...like you haven't enough already!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 18, 2015 12:43 pm  #3622

Are you wearing pants Vhanja?  Cause if you don't wear pants it makes it even better.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 18, 2015 12:46 pm  #3623

Pants are the US version for trousers, yes? I do, but they are torn. And got a worn-out band t-shirt. So it' sall good. 

Last edited by Vhanja (October 18, 2015 12:47 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

October 18, 2015 3:24 pm  #3624

Oh Vhanja, that's perfect! If I wasn't so exhausted I'd do it myself... 

Yes, I am too tired for Sherlock. I am nodding off to sleep all the time, and that's not fair to Sherlock!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 23, 2015 3:34 pm  #3625

Excellent plan, Vhanja! I do hope you've enjoyed your day (well, obviously you have -how could one not with such a plan?)

...when you read an introduction to a book about Oscar Wilde and reads that his lover's father's name  was John Sholto Douglas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 23, 2015 4:11 pm  #3626

Wonder if that's where ACD got the name from?
Is it ACD, or was that Gatiss original?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 23, 2015 7:14 pm  #3627

In any case, if it was inspired by this person, I think it's a rather bad touch.
John Sholto Douglas was the reason why Oscar Wilde went through hell (John Sholto Douglas disapproved -to put it mildly- of his son's acquaitance and relationship with Wilde; so four days after his play The Importance of Being Earnest's debut he sent him a visiting card which read " to Oscar Wilde, posing Sodomite").
That would make a terrible inspiration, if you ask me...

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 23, 2015 7:16 pm  #3628

I know...I'm a Wilde fanatic!

October 23, 2015 8:41 pm  #3629

Quite right too!

October 28, 2015 8:18 pm  #3630

...when you hear "Dancing With Myself" ... and crack up, reduced to tears.

October 28, 2015 9:39 pm  #3631

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 28, 2015 9:54 pm  #3632

* sobs *

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 28, 2015 11:23 pm  #3633

When you're watching a 'Border Security' TV show, and a man is stopped with a handgun lighter, and you immediately think of ASiP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 30, 2015 3:51 am  #3634

When your kids bring you a hot drink with an eyeball on the side, and it's surprisingly okay!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 30, 2015 7:37 am  #3635

Such a lovely eyeball drink! You are a lucky person to have such a sweet kids....

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 30, 2015 9:24 am  #3636

I have those chocolate eyeballs too! I couldn't walk away from them at the store, lol. They are surely surpisingly okay with a cup of tea! 

I also couldn't walk away from a decorative skull in the store the other day... I already have a skull, but well... this one was a bit more anatomically correct! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 30, 2015 7:21 pm  #3637

When the word 'poppet' is used on Doctor Who and your brain jumps straight to Sherlock reading the telegrams 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

October 30, 2015 7:28 pm  #3638

Ha! Good one.

Mine's a bit...not.
...when you find yourself apologising for "a bit not good" behaviour...
And afterwards saying to a different person "I am not having emotions ever again"

October 30, 2015 7:47 pm  #3639

... when your brother mentions Spectre at the family birthday party, and your first reaction is to yell happily: "Yeah, Andrew Scott from Sherlock is in that one!", leaving everyone in the room except my geek nephew confused. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

October 30, 2015 7:50 pm  #3640

XD :D

Also..."there should always be a spectre at the feast" is the first thought that popped into my head ^^

Board footera