BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 28, 2015 2:43 pm  #3481

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Lilythiell wrote:

Oh, Vhanja, I hope you made the most of it!

I can start watching again as of tonight. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 28, 2015 2:47 pm  #3482

Brilliant!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 28, 2015 6:48 pm  #3483

When you watch series 3 twice in a row. First because I could and second because my Mum doesn't remember series 3.

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 29, 2015 7:59 am  #3484

Lovely, Lilythiell. The pics would also be great in here:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=380 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 29, 2015 11:45 am  #3485

Oh, right, yes, I had forgotten about this thread (shame on me). Will post them there in a bit. Thanks again!

April 30, 2015 6:15 am  #3486

When you pick the kids up from school and see another mum wearing a coat in a frankly alarming shade of pink, and wonder if she works in media...

Last edited by ukaunz (July 13, 2015 11:31 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 2, 2015 9:13 pm  #3487

When your friend has to help you with using a Chip and pin machine for the first time... and you tell her "Thank you! I was about to go all John Watson on this thing!!"

And you earlier in the day helped her find the weight of a yogurt (she's blind on one eye) and I jokingly told her "As ever you see but do not observe"

(Her and I watch Sherlock together a lot I should add)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 3, 2015 12:58 am  #3488

When you're in a car with your friend and they say the driver in front of you is male and you say they're female because they have long hair. And as your friend says that some men have long hair too, you reply "balance of probability"...

May 4, 2015 2:52 pm  #3489

When reading in your students' papers "I don't have friends" and "miss me?" you obviously can't help yourself to sigh because, yes, you miss the show and every single character.

May 9, 2015 3:54 pm  #3490

When you spot this within a second of entering your mother's home... She had been busy doing crossword puzzles...

The 'theme' was Lars Mikkelsen and the cue was "He played a big villain in BBC crime series about a famous detective and helper"... 

(and you get a bit ashamed when she reveals she really struggled with that answer)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 9, 2015 4:48 pm  #3491

I've never seen a crossword puzzle in another language.  Very interesting. 

I suck at crosswords.  I can usually get the clues but I am a terrible speller!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 9, 2015 4:53 pm  #3492

That's cool, though unfortunate that it took a long time to get the answer.  I've never seen a crossoword puzzle with teh clues actually inside it and not in a list next to it.

Clueing for looks.

May 10, 2015 10:59 pm  #3493

Yup, that's a Danish style crossword! I haven't done crosswords in ages... I'm more of a Soduku kind of girl. 

You also know you're obssesed when you lovingly name your last and favourite pain relief of the day, the strongest of them all for "My evening soother" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 10, 2015 11:04 pm  #3494

Okay, this might be a bit not good.
You know you're obsessed with Sherlock Holmes when you're invited at a wedding and you're thinking "Oooh, it's the end of an era" in Mrs H.'s voice when the make their vows (well. When the groom forgot his lines and his bride saved the day)...and you expect the photograph to say "the bride and groom, now" when they exit church.
This whole Saturday reminded me a lot of The Sign of Three, to be honest -except there was no murder. Or *near* murder, for that matter :-P

May 10, 2015 11:16 pm  #3495

I feel like I may think aobut the episode at weddings in my future.  I wonder I'll ever have to give a speech at one...

You know you're obsessed when you're constantly looking in catalogues for a coat like Sherlock's.  Or when you buy a blue scarf even though you don't have the coat to go with it.

Last edited by Yitzock (May 10, 2015 11:17 pm)

Clueing for looks.

May 10, 2015 11:20 pm  #3496

Yitzock wrote:

That's cool, though unfortunate that it took a long time to get the answer.  I've never seen a crossoword puzzle with teh clues actually inside it and not in a list next to it.

I don't know the English for those, but in French we make a difference between mots-croisés (crosswords, with the clues outside the grid, and separated into UP and DOWN words) and mots fléchés (the example here, where clues are inside the grid). I personally think crosswords (with clues outside the grid) are harder than mots fléchés, but that's probably because I haven't done a lot of them.

May 10, 2015 11:26 pm  #3497

Hm..that would make sense that they would have different names.  Now that I think about it, I remember my French teacher last year giving us a puzzle with picture clues inside the grid (it was too easy, it was a kids puzzle because some of the students in the class were less advanced than others), but I don't remember which name she used (mots fléchés sounds unfamiliar, so she may not have).  I've never seen one with written clues inside the grid.  She also gave us harder puzzles later on, mots croisées like you refer to.

Last edited by Yitzock (May 10, 2015 11:26 pm)

Clueing for looks.

May 10, 2015 11:38 pm  #3498

That is really interesting! Here both types are called the same... a direct translation of 'Crosswords'... 'Krydsord'. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 11, 2015 8:48 am  #3499

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when... you become jealous of the newsreader on TV because her name is Amber Sherlock (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Sherlock)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 11, 2015 12:45 pm  #3500

Awwww! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera