BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 5, 2014 6:04 am  #3341

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

When a Danish song you have known by heart since you were a little girl reminds you so much about Sherlock suddenly... It's actually about the BZ people who took over abanondoned houses and got a lot of grief from the police..

Just some of the lyrics translated the best I can

"The cops showed up before we expected them, in the middle of the night, so me and my baby were in trouble again, in the middle of the night... they threw gass through the windows so tears rolled through the living rooms...

The next thing that happened I don't dare to think about in the middle of the night
A guy we called Spacey took to the sky in the middle of the night.
He hit the streets from the 5th floor.
It's not our fault, he was just bat sh't crazy; said the cops in the middle of the night...

They released us when the clock was about 3am, in the middle of the night
They told us to go home, but we asked 'where is that?' in the middle of the night..."

Or... maybe I'm just tired. 

I like it.

SHERLOCK ♥
I have to thank you for the inspiration you give to me.
You made me change my mind in so many ways.

November 5, 2014 9:52 pm  #3342

When your fingers itch to buy a plastic toy violin just so you could make a Sherlock 'exhibit' with your deerstalker, skull and magnifyer... 

Only thing holding me back is that it actually pains me that I can never learn to play a violin. Ever since I was a kid I wanted to. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 5, 2014 9:57 pm  #3343

But you're still young, it's never too late, Phantom.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

November 5, 2014 9:58 pm  #3344

I have a learning disability... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 7, 2014 9:24 pm  #3345

Two things.

I've been living out of my truck for several weeks while traveling and am a bit scattered. After the dozenth time I told my best friend that I misplaced my keys, the following ensued:

Her: You really need to get a lanyard and wear them around your neck!
Me: What? Like Larry Grayson?
Her: Who?
Me: I have no idea. It's a funny scene from Sherlock. Bwa ha ha ha.

The other one is when your contacts at your new assignment are Benedict and Yasmine and you're convinced that's a sign from the universe that you're right about Janine being the big baddy real Moriarty in series 4!

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

November 8, 2014 11:00 am  #3346

If you Google Larry Grayson you'll find out who he was and the reason for the lanyard joke.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 8, 2014 11:10 am  #3347

Bless Larry, I miss him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 9, 2014 11:40 pm  #3348

The list of most regular commenters on your blog looks like this and you think, "Yup, that sounds about right":

Mycroft
John
Martha
Jim
Anderson

Mary

November 10, 2014 6:51 am  #3349

Yeah a bit like me and all of the Sherlock-related accounts I follow on Twitter!
Though I still find mt best Sherlockian friend the most amusing.
We regularly meet in real life and she knows my real name, yet she still always calls me my forum username!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 10, 2014 8:55 am  #3350

When, upon reading some dire comments on Youtube in regard to a film you have just watched (on DVD) you quote Sherlock with : Think! It's the new sexy. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 10, 2014 1:27 pm  #3351

besleybean wrote:

Yeah a bit like me and all of the Sherlock-related accounts I follow on Twitter!

The worst is that these are all very real people in the real world who do not watch Sherlock! It was actually my friend John's wife (Sarah!), a Brit who possibly loves Sherlock more than me and who does not comment directly on the blog, who emailed yesterday to tell me just how hilarious and absolutely absurd she finds the main follower list for my blog!

Mary

November 11, 2014 5:16 am  #3352

That's really cool.. and reminds me that if you translate our names to English my husband and I are John and Mary. (Not that it's in any way remarkable.. But in my obsession with Sherlock I still find it kind of funny  ).

You're obsessed with Sherlock when you can't even go through the children's section of your local library without seeing Sherlock-references everywhere.. The Big Book of Pirates, Our Solar System, When is a Hero a Hero, Famous Criminal Cases..

November 11, 2014 6:44 am  #3353

I can't even remember what it was now, but yes the other day I saw something on a pirate theme and smirked.
Oh and I also saw a dog like Redbeard and called out the name...I think my husband thinks I've lost the plot.

November 11, 2014 6:02 pm  #3354

Cute.    Had a little moment myself the other day, watching a show with my mom, and during commercials, the trailer for the new Penguins came on.  Make a happy comment about it, then stay fixated on the screen to watch for you-know-what.  That trailer though focuses on all different funny bits about the Penguins in the movie and nothing else.  So after a number of scenes of that, and realizing it wasn't going to show anything else, I'm muttering to myself 'c'mon, just show him! (ie. the wolf) show him!' and when asked what I'm muttering about, sheepishly go 'oh, um… nothing.'   Nothing, indeed. 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

November 11, 2014 7:12 pm  #3355

When you're using one laptop at work and your co-worker calls you and asks you to open up another one and check something and you suddenly laugh to yourself and think that if only there were a few more you could pretend this was TSo3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 13, 2014 7:12 am  #3356

When you walk into a café and see a card saying "Reserved for Adler" on the table, and your first thought is "so that´s where you´re hiding.."

November 14, 2014 9:53 am  #3357

When you change your vacuum bag and read it has "dirtlock" written on it and you keep wondering what kind of interesting AU this is supposed to be.. 

November 14, 2014 9:57 am  #3358

LOLOL

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

November 14, 2014 9:57 am  #3359

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 14, 2014 9:58 am  #3360

OMG... that must be smut! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera