BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 29, 2014 5:45 am  #3261

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

To be fair, I din't think it's him but the media.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 29, 2014 7:03 am  #3262

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

What was he thinking picking me??

Oh, I can see that conversation!

Phantom Lady's BF: Perfect! So that's what you are? A Sherlock fan? How could I not see that?
Phantom Lady: *looks embarrassed and apprehensive*
The entire BBC Sherlock FF community: You did see that!
Phantom Lady: And you chose me. Because they're right.

maryagrawatson wrote:

The name's not as uncommon as our Cumberbunny likes to make it out to be.

It really isn't. Lots of them hide behind "Ben" so you don't realise it. Especially in Catholic families it really isn't all that rare. Which, incidentally, is where all the churchy names in my family come from.

The Cumberbunny, btw, rightly and justly likes making fun of his family name, but I haven't heard him doing the same with his first...

Last edited by La Jolie (August 29, 2014 7:04 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe. I’m trying to think.

August 29, 2014 1:02 pm  #3263

La Jolie wrote:

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

What was he thinking picking me??

Oh, I can see that conversation!

Phantom Lady's BF: Perfect! So that's what you are? A Sherlock fan? How could I not see that?
Phantom Lady: *looks embarrassed and apprehensive*
The entire BBC Sherlock FF community: You did see that!
Phantom Lady: And you chose me. Because they're right.

Hahaha brilliant!! 

I was a good girl today though and checked my email first. *giggles* Poor guy... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 29, 2014 1:55 pm  #3264

La Jolie wrote:

The Cumberbunny, btw, rightly and justly likes making fun of his family name, but I haven't heard him doing the same with his first...

There's a Graham Norton interview you need to look up about a baaaaad nickname he was given because of his whole name. Bonus: Ginger!Batch.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

August 29, 2014 3:23 pm  #3265

Graham Walker? Can't really think of a bad nickname for that. 

August 29, 2014 3:54 pm  #3266

Actually, not Graham Norton, but Alan Carr. The nickname is so bad he apologizes to his mum for revealing it!

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

August 29, 2014 3:58 pm  #3267

I wonder if his mother knows about all ..stuff fans produce about him.../a lot to apologize for /

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

August 29, 2014 4:34 pm  #3268

I wonder what his girlfriend thinks...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 29, 2014 4:42 pm  #3269

I hope she is clever enough not to read it--!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

September 1, 2014 8:34 am  #3270

She wouldn't be his girlfriend if she weren't. And if she isn't, she won't be his girlfriend for long, and neither should she.

Well, my Sherlolilday's over. Geez, that wasn't healthy. But good fun.

1. Bought a smart new suit. (This is completely unrelated, actually. I wear suits to work and I really needed a new one. It still felt like a good point to start though.)

2. Rewatched the whole of Series 3. (That was the night I overdosed and dreamt I was Molly.)

3. Wrote fanfic. (Which I haven't done properly for six or seven years, and never before for Sherlock. What joy. I'd clean forgotten how good does me.)

Now hear my sweet little daughter and me when they came home. "Has it been very boring here without us, mummy?" - "Yes, Schatz, really boring. I just sat at the computer the whole time."

September 1, 2014 8:43 am  #3271

Poor you! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 1, 2014 8:50 am  #3272

Hmm ... I watched HLV with hubby yesterday. The dubbed German version.
And always had the English voices on my mind. Hey ... that's crazy ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

September 1, 2014 9:07 am  #3273

I can´t watch it dubbed. it´s getting stupid somehow.

September 1, 2014 9:12 am  #3274

English skills of hubby are not good enough to understand the original version ... that's why ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

September 1, 2014 9:15 am  #3275

mine neither /well I´m not so good as well/...we watch it with subtitles - which are too fast as well, but there are many necessary rewinds then 

September 1, 2014 9:20 am  #3276

Someone should invent a device with which one person can watch a film via earphones in the dubbed version and at the same time another person can watch the original version. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 1, 2014 10:04 am  #3277

Harriet wrote:

Poor you!

Oh yes. I can tell you really feel for me. Thank you.

gently,  can't you persuade your husband to try it with subtitles? 

(That's how I still watch James Bond movies with my dad, who's now over 70 and very hard of hearing. It works really well!)

Mrs Wenceslas, since you're Czech and the only Czech person Ithat I could ask such a thing, is it true that "Wenceslas" is actually not a Czech name at all?

Last edited by La Jolie (September 1, 2014 10:06 am)

September 1, 2014 10:14 am  #3278

La Jolie, it's okay for me to watch the dubbed version with my hubby. He wouldn't like it reading all the time. Distracts him too much.
I can watch the English version when I am alone ... or with good friends from the forum.

(Tony Hadley)

September 1, 2014 10:15 am  #3279

LaJolie: it is, quite common actually - in Czech it´s Václav. remember "Good King Wenceslas"? it´s based on a legend about our king - it is a patron saint of our country as well. but it´s a first name, not a surname (could be, but very rarely). 

September 3, 2014 2:39 am  #3280

When you live by the mantra "Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera