BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 22, 2014 8:39 pm  #3201

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

@Mattlocked I intend to fix the angle in Photoshop once I get my computer back, but I see the problems.

@Phantom Thanks o3o

You know you're obsessed when you've hit (at least) the 50 mark on the number of times you've watched every episode.

You know you're obsessed when you can quote every word in every episode o.o

July 25, 2014 7:27 am  #3202

... when you put up several Sherlock-pictures at the wall of your balcony.
.... and when your husband becomes slowly jealousy...

SHERLOCK ♥
I have to thank you for the inspiration you give to me.
You made me change my mind in so many ways.

July 27, 2014 2:09 pm  #3203

When you find you're quoting Sherlock more and more the more tired you get when chatting to people...

Last night I was chatting to a guy (a bit annoying but I still pretended to flirt...) he said something about me being a really good girl or something, you know usual flattery... I found myself typing and sending "I'm certainly endevouring to, Sir"... 

I think I qouted Sherlock a lot more and he never noticed. 

Gah, where's that guy who told me to "Go and watch Sherlock hun, I know it makes you happy" Now that's what I need to hear. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 27, 2014 2:51 pm  #3204

...the name of this brand makes you giggle.

(It's found somewhere in the southern United States. A friend who travels a lot and just spent a month here left behind a bunch of canned goods that he didn't want to lug home.)

Mrs. M. Holmes looks like a Margaret, doesn't she?

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

July 28, 2014 6:02 am  #3205

Obsessed?  Or just happily in tune with a beloved favorite, to have such occurrences?   
Sherlock Holmes/Historical Forensics exhibit so neat… what a nice weekend.  And worth the two hour drive and overnight stay.    Recommend it, if one like it comes near you!  Kind of helped the edge off wistfulness with imagining all the awesomeness at yet another Comic-Con gone by… (gah… with Ben, no less!  now swamped by adorable pics/quips!)  But the show still lived on in my head, at least!

Hard to not have his sharp commentary in my head (or simply saying 'Boring!') at several points when trying to work out the interactive crime they had set up (and being a little slow at it).  Aw man, and all the awesome real-life artifacts they brought in for display, and deerstalkers ("death frisbee!"), Sherlocked shirts, Baker Street signs, etc, in the shop!
Then when we finished, saw the museum had several impressive other themed areas such as 'Space' and 'Oceans', all interactive for kids to learn about.  Very well done, but I'm sure you can fill in all the related banter quoting in my amused head when I headed for the 'Space' area first. 

Then hit up one of those awesome independent bookstores with all the cramped and winding around rooms, and a special Doyle section, which zoned in on with a smile.

And then, again, that night!  Zoning out doing our own thing on laptops with mom trying to see what was interesting on hotel tv… pause to try to figure out what this British-seeming detective drama was, which of course perks interest.  Even more so when can't help but blurt in surprised delight 'hey!  Rupert!'  ;D  Manage to catch main guy's name, get a little help from IMDB, cross-ref it with Rupert, and discover I managed to catch the only episode he happened to be in, of 'Inspector Lewis'. 

Not to mention between leaving town, and getting back, saw no less than 7 yellow cars!  ;D
And then nearly thudded out with all the Ben I missed thanks to you guys and pics like this: http://bcfan71.wordpress.com/2014/07/25/benedict-greets-fans-at-san-diego-comic-con/
You can never escape, can you?   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 2, 2014 4:32 pm  #3206

When you look at the TV programme on the telly and see that one of the next TV shows is about the Solar system and you end up sounding like you're torturing an owl...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 5, 2014 9:29 pm  #3207

When assisting a confused doctor and she starts talking to you and telling you about what she is doing as if you're supposed to know anything about lab results of various blood tests etc... and you tell yourself inside your head. "Fine, I'll just be John then..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 6, 2014 4:58 am  #3208

Nice.
Phantom Lady, I think you have the perfect job for beeing sherlocked.

SHERLOCK ♥

August 6, 2014 5:09 am  #3209

... you're so bored you find yourself, a self-professed slob, scrubbing the hob with a toothbrush resisting the urge to scream, "I NEED A CASE!"

(and then, I learned to be careful what I wish for; inbox now bursting!)

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

August 6, 2014 5:16 am  #3210

Now when I think about it, Bored, I do actually!

I work for both doctors and scientists! To be honest, every time I watch the lab work I get so enchanted thinking about Sherlock... *sigh* And I LOVE when I take work home and my dinner table reminds me of the kitchen at 221B... 

Yup, Even though it's not really paying I LOVE my job

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

August 6, 2014 5:22 am  #3211

Cool. I'd like to make you job.
And if it's just for one week...

SHERLOCK ♥

August 6, 2014 7:01 am  #3212

... when you can't get enough of the Sherlock soundtracks and "Lazarus" and "Addicted to a certain lifestyle" are running in a continuous loop on your Ipod..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 6, 2014 10:25 am  #3213

That's not obsessed, gently, that's normal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 6, 2014 10:38 am  #3214

And reading Johnlock Fanfic to it? Still normal?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

August 6, 2014 10:47 am  #3215

Absolutely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 6, 2014 10:59 am  #3216

... when you are so proud of your new car sticker "I am sherlocked". Oh that looks so nice.

SHERLOCK ♥

August 6, 2014 11:23 am  #3217

Wearing a shirt with quotes and one with the psychopath quote in the age of 35...with a baby in its waggon....
(I laughed so loud sunday..a woman passed me and laughed:darling, you should see me in a crown) we talked a few seconds,..god its good to meet johnlockers)

Quoting Greg by talking to the day boss saying: god, this is sooo not my devision...

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second, that I am one of them...
S.H

August 6, 2014 11:48 am  #3218

... when you wear this t-shirt and are asked on the street by an older man what it means and you tell him it's an inside joke. And he only shakes his head: "Those young people." And leaves with a smile.

(Tony Hadley)

August 6, 2014 12:12 pm  #3219

'Young people'...? You belong to the 'young people'...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 6, 2014 12:16 pm  #3220

Tee Hee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera