BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 28, 2014 6:06 pm  #3081

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

You are innocently traveling in a tram when that young man enters. He has dark curly hair, long pale neck and the shape of nose and jaw that makes him look like a young Sherlock. He wears sunglasses so he has that cold, unapproachable aura around him. What´s more, he has another boy for a companion, shorter, blonde, with John Watson´s hairdo and a wide, guileless smile.

OMG! They look like a live Johnlock!!! 

And the wretched pair comes down from the tram at the same stop as you and enters the same restaurant.

And you just try hard not to stare, you really try, but... it´s impossible! You still come around as a hungry, bug-eyed stalker!
(facepalm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 29, 2014 6:06 pm  #3082

That's awesome.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 2, 2014 12:05 pm  #3083

When you are going through all the used DVD's in your favourite store and come across one called "The adventures of Sherlock Holmes smarter brother"

You don't buy it, but you find yourself giggling as you see the "I am the smart one!!" scene in your head

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 4, 2014 10:19 am  #3084

You turn the collar up everytime you put your coat on

June 5, 2014 9:54 pm  #3085

I normally eat sparingly and healthily, but today I had the worst craving for chips so I headed to the pub for lunch. It has a big screen TV and TV is a novelty for me since I don't own one. So I found myself totally engrossed in a documentary on how to give various animals CPR and was carefully filing away the information when I heard Sherlock's voice in my head telling me to stop filling my head with rubbish and when the hell was I going to need to give a squirrel CPR and that this is why I sometimes have a hard time remembering the stuff that matters. Yup, watched TGG one time too many, methinks...

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

June 5, 2014 9:58 pm  #3086

LOL! By miles the funniest degree of obsession I've read about here!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 5, 2014 10:15 pm  #3087

mrshouse wrote:

LOL! By miles the funniest degree of obsession I've read about here!

Of course, this means that I will never forget that you must give a squirrel CPR while it's lying on its side.

Mary

June 5, 2014 10:17 pm  #3088

Well, you never know, it might come in handy to know stuff like that!

... When you've spent lots of time packing stuff at the hospital and has been eyeing these for the longest while, and is actally thrilled that you end up accidentally taking them home... 

Why, ohh why

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 5, 2014 10:24 pm  #3089

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Well, you never know, it might come in handy to know stuff like that!

Where I live, a squirrel in cardiac distress is more likely to end up being someone's dinner than being rescued...

What are you planning to do with your 'accidentally' packed pipettes?

Mary

Last edited by maryagrawatson (June 5, 2014 10:24 pm)

June 5, 2014 10:28 pm  #3090

Scientific studies of course!

Oh, and when you are about to have a giggling fit when you open a fridge in the office at the hospital to store your lunchpack and find it's been filled with blood samples and something I'm not sure I want to find out what was... and you think to yourself 'Sherlock!!' 

Well at least it meant I had to buy myself a roastbeef sandwich from the canteen instead... best sandwich I've had in a while! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 14, 2014 3:20 pm  #3091

You have watched it with closed captioned and can note the 1 error in seasons 1 and 2.  When you have started to understand how early in each episode Sherlock solves at least a portion of things and begins to set contigencies in place.  When you have started a fan episode that includes Sherlock trying an e-cig and the dialogue is something like this:
What is that?  That's ridiculous.  

Don't be absurd I don't want it.  

Does it work?  Give it here.

That's awful.  Throw it in the bin. 

Give it back.  

And then there's lots of fun as John complains about playing fetch with Sherlocks chewie toy as they solve....not telling that part!!!

June 14, 2014 4:35 pm  #3092

When you call IT at the hospital you work at and the man who answers goes "Jim from IT, how can I help?"... and you actually end up giggling...

And you then consider taking a detour next time you're in the basement under the hospital and going to the morgue instead of the pediatric ward... Just to see if Molly works there and might have a visit from a certain curly haired friend...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 14, 2014 4:38 pm  #3093

Next week we're having a Superheroes dress up day at work.
My boss said to me: you could come as Sherlock and wear your hat.
I replied: it's not my hat.
She said: but I've seen a picture of you in that hat.
Me: it's not MY hat..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 14, 2014 8:21 pm  #3094

You have a hard time focusing on your current case because the investigator sounds exactly like Rupert Graves. It further doesn't help that your client keeps asking for a status update on "the taxi driver case."

Mary

June 15, 2014 2:30 am  #3095

Those last few are awesome!
besley - did you also get in something along the lines of 'not being a hero'? 
phantom - I don't think I would have been able to suppress a giggle, either!  Or just faltered a second and blurted a surprised 'Oh… Jim from IT?' then grin and add a sing-song 'Hi-ii!'   

Semi-sorta related… reading the comics, the 'joke' of one is a line-up of characters with umbrellas - The Penguin, Mary Poppins, and the Morton's Salt girl (the mascot girl image in the rain holding salt that's trailing behind her), and you think to yourself 'What about Mycroft?'   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 15, 2014 7:26 am  #3096

Well I just smiled at the boss, as I knew she was only trying to include me...I never join in with these dress up things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 15, 2014 1:23 pm  #3097

When you have an innocent little stroll around the pretty graveyard nearby, listening to some music on your iPod and then suddenly there's this elderly man with white hair, quite tall and broad shoulders, wearing a beige jacket und you seriously consider for a moment if it could be Timothy Carlton visiting a grave there.

Last edited by mrshouse (June 15, 2014 1:23 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 15, 2014 1:56 pm  #3098

When you squeal when you do a channel surf just as you have finished watching Le Mans and find the very start of ASiP

And you throw a fit when they did a grammatical error in the Danish title of the episode... it's something like AN Study in Pink *Frowns*

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (June 15, 2014 1:58 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 16, 2014 7:26 pm  #3099

... when you're watching people more intensive. When you realize that you have never really looked your fellow men.

SHERLOCK ♥
I have to thank you for the inspiration you give to me.
You made me change my mind in so many ways.

June 18, 2014 5:55 am  #3100

When you are afflicted with insomnia, although you never had trouble with falling asleep.

When you realise that all the psychic problems you ever had in your life and all the meetings with your psychiatrist are based upon  the strongest and deepest feeling: I'm bored.
Sherlock is the key to my chaotic house of soul.

SHERLOCK ♥
I have to thank you for the inspiration you give to me.
You made me change my mind in so many ways.

Board footera