BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 14, 2014 6:40 pm  #3061

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

This is a bit far fetched I suppose...

But when, together with thousands of people counting down to the end of the voting at the Eurovision Song Contest final you hear yourself shouting out the numbers in a thick British accent... and you know Sherlock is the cause of that. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 15, 2014 9:16 am  #3062

When you smile at kids shouting "I´m a pirate!" not because they are so adorable but because you picture kid Sherlock playing..

When you´re worried about something and catch yourself murmuring "I´m afraid, I´m afraid.. look at me, I´m afraid, John.." 

And the next one is probably more a sign of being overexposed to tumblr, but I can´t make a cup of tea anymore without thinking "MoriarTea - That´s what people BREW!"

May 15, 2014 4:50 pm  #3063

We're keeping a weather record at work at the moment,incuding wind direction.
I had the pleasure the other day, of announcing  that there was an East wind coming!

Last edited by besleybean (May 15, 2014 4:50 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 15, 2014 5:19 pm  #3064

That's just fabulous BB!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 15, 2014 7:13 pm  #3065

coming to destroy us all!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

May 15, 2014 7:20 pm  #3066

I wouldn't have been able to stay professional if I had to do that...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 15, 2014 7:29 pm  #3067

I work in a primary school and honestly encounter tons of Sherlockian moments...
I just forget them all, when I come here!
It is helped by having a few Sherlockian colleagues.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 18, 2014 6:11 pm  #3068

When a post on Facebook tells you that today, 18th of May is the anniversary of John and Mary's wedding, according to the wedding invitation, and you honestly consider celebrating it with tea and cake... and of course TSo3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 18, 2014 6:18 pm  #3069

Oh, phantom, that's a bit cute actually...
But what does it say about the anniversaries of Sherlock and John?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 18, 2014 6:30 pm  #3070

On Twitter I congratulated John and Mary and asked how the baby was!

May 18, 2014 6:35 pm  #3071

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

When a post on Facebook tells you that today, 18th of May is the anniversary of John and Mary's wedding, according to the wedding invitation, and you honestly consider celebrating it with tea and cake... and of course TSo3

I'm a bit confused but... I don't think it's an "anniversary" since the wedding was in 2014  I'm also not sure if the date on the invitation is correct. 18th May 2014 is Sunday, not Saturday and a note at John's blog says something about August... 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

May 18, 2014 6:44 pm  #3072

Just one of the mystery date things in Sherlock!

May 18, 2014 6:52 pm  #3073

I just don't understand, sorry if I'm thick, I just don't move around twitter and Facebook : was it an official post? Or was it fanish? Because that would mean the baby will actually happen, because Mary being pregnant at the wedding and having their first anniversary would mean...?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 18, 2014 7:02 pm  #3074

It was just a fan joke!

May 19, 2014 5:24 pm  #3075

When it's Monday morning and your inbox is bursting and you decide not to pick a case based on its severity, but by the fact that it's one where a guy shot up a wall in his apartment and you wonder if he did it into the shape of a smiley face. At the very least, the witness reactions will make you smile all day.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

May 20, 2014 2:43 pm  #3076

When it's so hot at work that you go and fetch an old fan in the cellar and suddenly become very distracted... Isn't that a sign?

Or when you have lunch in a Japanese restaurant and that the table mat's pattern looks strangely familiar...

Just like old times...

May 20, 2014 4:21 pm  #3077

Another one from work today, I was in hysterics!
The primary fours are delivering class talks at the moment, with special focus on certain aspects, one being ' gestures'.
So after various nondescript speakers, this one little boy stood up in front of the class and he SO reminded me of Sherlock delivering his best man's speech!
He was the only one who'd bothered to prepare cue cards.
As he completed each one, he flung it over his shoulder with a darmatic flourish...honestly, I thought I was going to have to leave the room for laughing.

Last edited by besleybean (May 20, 2014 8:29 pm)

May 20, 2014 8:28 pm  #3078

besleybean wrote:

He was the only one who'd bothered to prepare cue cards.
As he completed each one, he flung it over his shoulder with a drmatic flourish...hionestly, I thought I was going to have to leave the room for laughing.

I saw a behind the scenes picture from TSOT that showed that the cue cards had the speech typewritten on them and I had a vision of Sherlock with the stack of cue cards and an old manual typewriter, pounding on the keys and occasionally throwing the cards over his shoulder if he got a typo!

(I walked into the police station today and heard "Inspector, it's the pink lady for you!" and just about bust a gut trying not to laugh!)

Mary 'pink is my signature colour' Watson

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

May 20, 2014 9:05 pm  #3079

Aaaw that's adorable! 

-When you actually get sad that the used car dealer you now have to pass daily to get to work no longer have the broken London Cab... because it would give you a smile on your lips daily thinking about Sherlock getting out of it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

May 22, 2014 2:45 pm  #3080

When your co-worker uses the term 'No Sht Sherlock'... which is pretty well used over here because of a latenight TV show with a section dedicated to that phrase...

And yet you have to physically inside your head go "Stay sane... stay sane!! No, don't!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera