BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 11, 2014 11:05 am  #2961

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

My colleagues don't know where they are from. So they think it's only a new tic. That's fine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 11, 2014 11:13 am  #2962

I can see myself going to use a lot of quotes while working for the Eurovision and will have to speak lots and lots of English... I can see a lot of times 'Not my division' could come up... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 11, 2014 11:18 am  #2963

That's sooo useful, isn't it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

April 11, 2014 11:52 am  #2964

Lately my favorite phrase has been the simple "bit not good."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 11, 2014 12:46 pm  #2965

Mh got someone at work who also watches Sherlock / Doctor Who but in German, so he doesn't know the quotes .

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

April 11, 2014 6:44 pm  #2966

Ha, yes…  love using 'bit not good'!    Of course, most the time it's pure chance with actually thinking of/remembering a good quip.  Amusing timing, saw someone post in their tumblr the other day about having that "problem":

"Friend: I swear, if you use one more 'Sherlock' quote, I'll have to kill you.
Me: That would be extremely ambitious of you.
Friend:
Me:
Friend:
Me:
Friend: That was a Sherlock quote, wasn't it?
Me: Maybe."

Personally, kind of like seeing things in every day life that remind you of a favorite person, love it when a show permeates your mind the same way.  Tiny things, like a comic strip character mentioning a sock index.  A car commercial showing the car under a ton of bare light bulbs on long wires, reminding you of the effect they used in Frankenstein.  And one of those goofy buzzfeed articles, this one talking about the 'best male butts in Hollywood' and you immediately think 'Ben!'
(and yes, he was on there). 

Also, just like being able to insert an awesome quote like you guys, was delighted to score my own moment lately of an awesome happenstance series of quips with a friend/fellow fan at the store.  She sees I'm buying some filters for my air purifier, notices the company's name is 'Holmes' and is amused.  I'm reminded of another product I discovered, ask her if she was aware there's something called "Watson's Water", and we talk about the neatness of seeing favorite character names in real companies.  I joke that what did she think Watson did to keep himself from boredom and depressed insanity during his absence?  Started a water company after rooting out info on his own about bad water in certain areas, and wanting to help people be healthy being ever the doctor!  Eventually Holmes hears about it, and starts his own company for air filters and purifiers, desperately trying to cure his own lonely boredom as well, plus send John a subtle message since he always did say that 'breathing is boring'.  Unfortunately, John never picks up on it.    (but gave my friend a laugh)  ;D

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 12, 2014 1:18 am  #2967

SherlocklivesinOH wrote:

I already posted that my brother and sister-in-law named their dog "Watson." They're not even that obsessed with Sherlock Holmes...the only version they watch is Elementary.

They wanted a "famous sidekick name." Now the dog has made friends with a stray cat. I sad, "You have to name the cat Sherlock." They said they already refer to it as Sherlock.

The cat was initially distrustful of people and wasn't eating properly. It howled to be let into their apartment (maybe it wanted to be with Watson?) so they've adopted it. 

They're calling it Holmes. They've sent pictures where you can see Watson watching Holmes protectively.

Now all we need is for Holmes the cat to hiss at a female dog that gets near Watson...

April 13, 2014 11:30 pm  #2968

When you're in a sort of, uh, dating chat room thing and have a picture of your wrist with your rose tattoo and you had written '221B' on the skin...

And when a guy on said chat PM's you asking you if you're a 'Baker Street Irregular' and then if your favourite Sherlock is Benedict... and you can't help thinking "OMFG Marry me, NOW!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 14, 2014 7:38 am  #2969

hihi
did he do yet?

April 14, 2014 7:55 am  #2970

Nooo... he had to log out shortly after that, but he told me he'd talk to me another day. I think I have a crush... *Blushes*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 14, 2014 8:11 am  #2971

Oh how sweet

April 14, 2014 11:45 am  #2972

Oh that´s exciting, good luck with your Online-Sherlockian, Phantom..

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I do the deductions all the time, I can't even stop myself!

Yesterday I walked behind 3 suits and suddenly I just knew who was the boss and that they had been in a long meeting, the length of the meeting I read in the creases on the back of the boss' suit. 

Ha, I love it when something like that happens. Yesterday we were in a restaurant and I was like "Oh, soon the room will be full of kids", and my husband was like , and I said "oh come on, obviously it´s a meeting for parents with adopted children just starting" and he still didn´t get it. When I explained it to him he said: "You do spend a lot of time in your Sherlock forum, don´t you?"  I felt very flattered.. 

April 14, 2014 11:58 am  #2973

... you spend a fortune on merchandise. Do I need all this stuff? No ... but ... it's sooo nice to have it.

(Tony Hadley)

April 14, 2014 12:04 pm  #2974

Of course you need it, gently. Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 14, 2014 12:18 pm  #2975

Do I??? Ah ... oh yes ... of course I need all this things... T-Shirts ... not only one or 2 ... cups as many as I can get ... notebooks in different sizes ... Bluerays in original and dubbed versions ... calendars ... photos ...
Yeah ... indeed ... um ... I ... need ... all this! (?)

(Tony Hadley)

April 14, 2014 12:24 pm  #2976

'course you do! 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 14, 2014 12:26 pm  #2977

Right! Then let it happen.

(Tony Hadley)

April 14, 2014 1:42 pm  #2978

gently69 wrote:

Do I??? Ah ... oh yes ... of course I need all this things... T-Shirts ... not only one or 2 ... cups as many as I can get ... notebooks in different sizes ... Bluerays in original and dubbed versions ... calendars ... photos ...
Yeah ... indeed ... um ... I ... need ... all this! (?)

And posters.. soundtracks.. and Union Jack cushions.. 

Last edited by Zatoichi (April 14, 2014 1:43 pm)

April 14, 2014 2:02 pm  #2979

Ah yes, forgot soundtracks. But honestly ... don't have posters und cushions ... so far.

(Tony Hadley)

April 14, 2014 2:20 pm  #2980

There was a chick at 221bcon that had a huge pillow case with Ben on it. 
I seriously coveted that pillow but it would only take me a couple of nights to ruin it with drool. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera