BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 26, 2014 8:35 am  #2841

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

^I would be scared out of my wits!!

-When 'Staying Alive' comes on your random playlist while you're walking home and you start to giggle...

-When you get an Email with headlines from a paper and it says 'Magnussen lied about accident'... and my first thought was "Lied? he's dead! How was that an accident..." Well it was about a Danish race-car driver.

-When you ask a guy at McDonalds if they have milkshakes and he replied 'Strawberry?'... which yes, is the one I wanted. and You think "... Sherlock??"

-And when a guy has to sit next to you on the train; something I usually hate... but I actually didn't mind because he was in a long dark blue trench coat and a blue scarf. Shallow I know

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (February 26, 2014 8:38 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 26, 2014 8:39 am  #2842

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

^I would be scared out of my wits!!

I was a bit like wtf....

-When you ask a guy at McDonalds if they have milkshakes and he replied 'Strawberry?'... which yes, is the one I wanted. and You think "... Sherlock??"

Because of strawberry jam, TGG?

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

February 26, 2014 8:43 am  #2843

zeratul wrote:

Because of strawberry jam, TGG?

No, it was more the fact that he just instantly knew I wanted a Strawberry milkshake... it just seemed like a thing Sherlock would do.

I don't know what he used to deduce that though; the pink Hello Kitty bag? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 26, 2014 8:45 am  #2844

No, it was more the fact that he just instantly knew I wanted a Strawberry milkshake... it just seemed like a thing Sherlock would do.

I don't know what he used to deduce that though; the pink Hello Kitty bag? 

Ah now I got it. Didn't even recognize that ^^. Mhh maybe it is the most common flavor? Like coke is not a very clever guess?

February 26, 2014 8:55 am  #2845

^Yeah I know, it's probably that! I did the same when I worked in Fast food some years ago. It saves time!

But I couldn't help imagine Sherlock working at McDonals. xD

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (February 26, 2014 8:21 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 26, 2014 8:59 am  #2846

Hehe maybe he would for some investigation reasons ^^

February 26, 2014 2:27 pm  #2847

Or he would try to test some new interesting alcaloids on unsuspecting populace?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 26, 2014 8:15 pm  #2848

..your husband asking if he could delete your Sherlock-App brings you close to a nervous breakdown.. "How can you even think of deleting it, it is Sherlock and he talks to me on the phone, you can not just delete it, never!! - What do you mean 'Are you still playing it?', of course I still play it, again and again and again..!"

I think he might regret buying it for me in the first place..

Last edited by Zatoichi (February 26, 2014 8:16 pm)

March 1, 2014 11:39 am  #2849

When your husband asks to help dress him in business casual for a promotion interview and you unconsciously dress him just like Watson.

And start calling him Watson bc he does resemble Martin Freeman
(He resented that I would presume to be sherlock without discussion)

When your three year old tells you she's telling daddy that Sherlock is your boyfriend bc the Main theme is your ring tone and Sherlocks little theme they play when he's being all sherlockian is  your text tone and it rings all evening while husband is at work bc he's texting you.

Overhear Same daughter tell her older sister she has an imaginary friend - named John Watson

When your circle of friends all start watching Sherlock bc you don't shut up about it and they now you are rarely excited about things so it must be good- we just started watching after Christmas and I'm obsessed

When you and your spouse get on each others nerves you quote moriarty lines- probably not advisable for those married to non fans as they are quite disturbing quotes lol

When you finish the homeless network app In less than 24 hours. Sigh.

When your friends call and as soon as say hello you hear "so on that episode of sherlock" apparently I'm the sherlock of sherlock- having to explain the details.

When you change your contact pic In your husbands phone to moriarty and your contact tone to staying alive and text 'miss me?

When you insult people by saying "aren't ordinary people adorable" not to their faces but usually to my husband

Did the contact change again but made myself Sherlock with his theme  as the tone and did the whole "if convenient" bit.

Make little mysteries up for the kids and see what they can deduce.

Make up word to the theme song bc sometimes humming just isn't enough.

Your lock screen is Irenes sherlocked lock screen

Your husband actually gets you to watch movies you've refused to before bc Martin andBen are in them. Hello khan!

You can't watch elementary anymore without shouting "he's not sherlock. He's just an ordinary person! He doesn't even deduce."

Your husband resists your fashion advice bc he can tell you're trying to dress him like Sherlock despite your protests that you absolutely are not.

Looking up girl sherlock outfits and trying to piece them together.

Making sherlock jewelry for your etsy shop

Gah it's taken over our lives !

And we only watched our first episode at the end of December!

How can you even form a sentence to reply when this ^^^ is in your face? 

March 1, 2014 1:13 pm  #2850

Heehee, that´s impressive, Wiggins! ^^ Hmm, girl Sherlock outfits, you give me ideas..

Wiggins wrote:

When you finish the homeless network app in less than 24 hours. Sigh.

I better don´t say anything about the App - I nearly played two nights when I got it, being already short on sleep. And when I was completely sleep deprived and had difficulties with the last 5-digit-passcode, my husband said "Come on, do it for Sherlock!" - and next move I solved it. Sigh. I am a very sad and hopeless case.. 

Mentioning three year olds: Mine sang the 'Bob the Builder' theme song today and replaced all names with 'Herlock'.. lol

Last edited by Zatoichi (March 1, 2014 1:17 pm)

March 1, 2014 1:22 pm  #2851

I've subconsciously started saying "nope" Sherlock style in conversation, I don't even know I'm doing it. Oh and "bit not good".

Should I be worried?!

I'm clueing for looks

March 1, 2014 6:51 pm  #2852

I've used 'Laters!' even before I watched Sherlock... I picked it up from the trailer... Even when I'm speaking Danish I use it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 1, 2014 8:03 pm  #2853

Zatoichi wrote:

Heehee, that´s impressive, Wiggins! ^^ Hmm, girl Sherlock outfits, you give me ideas..

Wiggins wrote:

When you finish the homeless network app in less than 24 hours. Sigh.

I better don´t say anything about the App - I nearly played two nights when I got it, being already short on sleep. And when I was completely sleep deprived and had difficulties with the last 5-digit-passcode, my husband said "Come on, do it for Sherlock!" - and next move I solved it. Sigh. I am a very sad and hopeless case.. 

Mentioning three year olds: Mine sang the 'Bob the Builder' theme song today and replaced all names with 'Herlock'.. lol

Herlock the builder is cute hey we could be giving them worse role models than a brilliant consulting detective . Yes a sociopath but a high functioning one who is on the side of angels. Yeah?

I also do the Sherlock "nope" lol. It's delightful.

And as an American, I've noticed decidedly British sayings or syntax have entered my speech.

March 1, 2014 8:04 pm  #2854

Here's a Pinterest board of Sherlock outfits to get you started ;)

http://www.pinterest.com/explore/sherlock-inspired-outfits/

March 1, 2014 9:08 pm  #2855

I love it, thank you!!
But I´ll have to work around the shirt-blouses, I have a thing about buttons.
(Well, on my clothes.. I don´t mind men´s shirts. Not. At. All. )

March 2, 2014 4:10 am  #2856

That's adorable, Wiggins.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 2, 2014 6:26 am  #2857

Russell wrote:

That's adorable, Wiggins.   

Ha, adorable. I don't think I've seen that word on these boards except to describe Martin Freeman. And not even that since everyone turned on John in January lol.

March 2, 2014 9:21 am  #2858

Regarding the Network App- I replay the video and voice clips of Sherlock and John all the time. On my lunch break, Starbuck's, etc.

March 2, 2014 10:48 am  #2859

I hope they make the app for Android too... I need it in my life!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 2, 2014 11:00 am  #2860

I hope they make the app for Android too... I need it in my life!

Me too. I NEED to have it. I hope it'll be released in the near future.

Alone is what I have. Alone protects me.

Board footera