BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 17, 2014 8:59 pm  #2821

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

off topic to tonnaree: do not be ashamed. I think the same amount of idiots can be found in every single country. I´m really upset when anybody´s saying Americans are stupid. hate this generalizing thing.

*sigh*  It just seems the idiots get more press*

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when everytime your hubby kisses you you say "but am I a pretty lady"?  *giggle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 17, 2014 9:14 pm  #2822

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you have been ordered to stop talking about it.

I can't even say the word "Sherlock" around my mother without her glaring at me like "Don't you dare"

Vatican cameos...The game is on!

February 17, 2014 9:58 pm  #2823

There was sth about first aid on tv and they were telling how to do a cardic massage... They said it has to be in the rythm of "Staying Alive"... well I think you know, what I had in mind...

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

February 18, 2014 1:37 am  #2824

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you're in a meeting at the office about safety and procedures and someone brings up using a code word for danger if they're being held at gunpoint and your response is "how about vatican cameos?"  Yup happened today at work, LOL! 

February 18, 2014 7:01 am  #2825

haha
what was the response?

February 18, 2014 10:24 am  #2826

clareiow wrote:

When you see this on the front page of your local newspaper (sorry for repeating from another thread but I just had to!) and you run around the office in front of work colleagues saying "I just need to steal this...."

If this becomes reality then Portmouth will move to the top of my "places I definitely need to visit" list.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

February 18, 2014 1:45 pm  #2827

zeratul wrote:

haha
what was the response?

They laughed but didn't really "get" it. So sad, lol.

February 18, 2014 2:41 pm  #2828

tobeornot221b wrote:

Actually, I've got a 221B sticker on my flatdoor... 
My real house number is, sadly, 245.

Mine is 201. I was looking at it this morning and thinking "soooo close"! Just swap out the 0 for a 2. Hehe.

February 18, 2014 2:46 pm  #2829

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you're planning another trip to the UK and decide to add Cardiff to the list of places to visit. I must see that beautiful library in person. I would live in libraries if I could, lol.

February 18, 2014 2:59 pm  #2830

When one of the school kids accidentally writes: ' I lick my Dad and Mum'...and you instantly think he's gonna grow up into CAM!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 19, 2014 12:38 am  #2831

When you lend someone 'Sherlock' only to not give them season 3. For two reasons: 1: I'm not ready to part with it yet and 2: wanting them to experience some form of hiatus and loss after Reichenbach.

================================================================

February 19, 2014 1:04 pm  #2832

When your ex-boss posts a photo of himself with google glasses on facebook.
And you want to comment with "portable Appledore" and then realize, he propably would not understand, what you mean...

February 19, 2014 2:27 pm  #2833

When a little voice inside of you cries "Redbeard!" every time you spot an Irish Setter..

February 19, 2014 3:46 pm  #2834

... you start sqealing in the library because you've spotted a book with the title After the Fall.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 20, 2014 8:09 am  #2835

When your friend is a bit sad; because you showed her the episode of Doctor Who where her favourite Doctor regenerates... and your first idea is "Hey lets watch TEH, Sherlock should cheer you up!".

Also when you are in pain yourself and you watch Sherlock instead of taking pain killers... and it actually works most of the time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 20, 2014 2:39 pm  #2836

... whenever you receive an e-mail from your safety manager at work whose last name is Morgan-Sholto, you hear Sherlock's voice in your head, saying, "Major Sholtoooo."

February 20, 2014 5:48 pm  #2837

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

**for those who haven't played this before...it's a fun game where everyone thinks of examples as to how they're obsessed. I'll give it a go first...**

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

You turn up the collar of your coat every time you put it on
You tell people they're seeing but not observing
Your friends/family get upset because they think you're being rude to them, but really you're just trying to talk more like Sherlock
When someone asks you to do something you don't want you say it's not your division

Your turn!

When you try to study but all you read, all you see is about sherlock. And about my test? I leave for later

February 21, 2014 8:07 am  #2838

When a girl next to you asks what you are doing (while you're on here) and you tell her it's a Sherlock fan site... she casually asks you if you think they're making a 3rd movie, and you get confused and say they just showed it... You then find out she's talking about the RDJ movies and you cringe and don't really feel like talking to her again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 25, 2014 11:45 am  #2839

When one of your 'old' fave songs remind you of Johnlock... and you really want to write your first Johnlock fic based on it... 

http://youtu.be/2oYV_oH_Yto

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 26, 2014 8:04 am  #2840

At my work there are short versions - 3 letters - of the names of every colleague...  It is usually first two letters of firstname + first letter of the last name...
This morning I got an Email with the subject "CAM today not in"... And I did not think of the colleague that was meant by it...

Board footera