BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 5, 2014 11:00 am  #2761

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Not especially Sherlock connected but I realised today that I started to "examine" the hands of men just to compare them with Sherlock's (Benedict's).

EDIT: And just received the Collector' Box from the BBC shop, happy about this like a little child.

Last edited by gently69 (February 5, 2014 11:14 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 5, 2014 11:27 am  #2762

... you are in the bank and somewhere close to you the Sherlock text tone goes off, and you check your phone because you think it was yours (only to find out it wasn't).

February 6, 2014 12:39 pm  #2763

When you do part time work as a 'Mystery Shopper' and have to fight with yourself not to put on a long coat and put the collar up and take a magnifying glass with you. 

If I need to resign I think I will blow my cover like that. That would be a good way to go. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 6, 2014 1:00 pm  #2764

Now that sounds intriguing. What exactly is a Mystery Shopper? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 6, 2014 1:14 pm  #2765

It is a sort of 'detective' job where the ownsers of the stores hire you to spy on the store and the people working there. You have to take note of the worker's attitude and if they are costumer friendly or not and also the whole state of the store. If there is correct pricing and if everything is placed right.

Often they will even feed you a story to tell if you are asked details on the product you have to either buy or seem interested in!

They actually pay you fairly well just to go in a store for 5 minutes and then go home and fill out a form. I do it for the fun of it though! 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (February 6, 2014 1:16 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 6, 2014 3:58 pm  #2766

... your (female) colleague next door has a very distinctive laugh, and when she laughs out loud, you find yourself wondering where the tortured owl sounds are coming from.

February 7, 2014 9:13 am  #2767

Only a bad early morning photo with the smartphone... but do I have to say anything else?

Last edited by gently69 (February 8, 2014 3:21 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

February 7, 2014 9:28 am  #2768

When you take a Sherlock quiz on your phone and after having answered 31 questions right you get the question "What is Lestrades first name?" And you panic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 7, 2014 2:45 pm  #2769

When, even though you've never read the original stories, you score 100% on a quiz about them simply because you've absorbed so much information from all your BBC Sherlock reading. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 7, 2014 2:51 pm  #2770

When you see this in a shop...
http://www.worldofsweets.de/out/pictures/master/product/1/haribo-bunte-baerte-dose.jpg
... and you think of "I don't shave for Sherlock Holmes"...

... when you watch Germany's Next Topmodel and there is Mr. Joop with a blue scarf and a coat (light brown though) and you think blue scarf is for Sherlock only...

... still Germany's Next Topmodel... there is one of the judges, surprising a girl, which is a waitress and he is the guest, dressed in a bavarian outfit and she doesn't recognize him... with a spirit of surpriiiiise.... (Sherlock as waiter...)

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

February 7, 2014 5:10 pm  #2771

When you're emptying the kids water tray and it has 2 measuring tubes in it...all you can think of is the stag night!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 7, 2014 5:18 pm  #2772

that´s nice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 8, 2014 3:46 pm  #2773

gently, that's... interesting.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 8, 2014 3:54 pm  #2774

Pin ups!

(Tony Hadley)

February 8, 2014 7:53 pm  #2775

When the woman in the shop in front of you have a long grey coat and deduce that she might have gotten it at a thrift store on and you really, really want to ask her where she got it and is prepared to trade your own beloved faux fur.

I should have asked her... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 8, 2014 9:00 pm  #2776

You're listening to Staying Alive and watching Youtube clips at the same time/

Paraphrased
Sherlock: "Have you kept in touch with John?"
Mycroft: "Oh yes, we meet every Friday for fish and chips!"

February 9, 2014 1:18 pm  #2777

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

When the woman in the shop in front of you have a long grey coat and deduce that she might have gotten it at a thrift store on and you really, really want to ask her where she got it and is prepared to trade your own beloved faux fur.

When you in situations like that actually asks. And yes, I have .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

February 9, 2014 1:44 pm  #2778

When the first thing you do when you get up in the morning is check AO3 for new Sherlock fan fiction and surf YouTube looking for Sherlock fan videos....
And, when a friend lets you know they're finally watching Sherlock series 2 for the first time and you end up being more excited than they are 

-------------------------------------------------------

February 9, 2014 2:03 pm  #2779

When you are in a workout clothes store with a friend, and she says "that light purple t-shirt is nice", and you correct her ; "it's lilac - not light purple"

Last edited by antigone (February 9, 2014 2:05 pm)

February 9, 2014 2:48 pm  #2780

Ormond Sacker wrote:

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

When you in situations like that actually asks. And yes, I have .

I really regret that I didn't!!

You also know you are obsessed (with Benedict) when you cook Eggs Benedict and buy a bag of English toffees called 'Big Ben' for watching Star Trek Into Darkness and Sherlock later... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera