BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 5, 2013 7:12 am  #2401

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

...you see a guy wearing a t-shirt saying "Need a hug?" and your mind goes:
'No, not really. But John, John definitely needs one! Yes, go and give John a hug. Oh, and while you're at it, Sherlock could probably do with a hug, too, so go and give him a hug, as well. Yes, they both definitely need a hug. And now that I think about the boys... I guess I need one, after all.'

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 9, 2013 7:19 pm  #2402

...when you get a little distracted by your boss wearing a striped jumper though he's nothing like John Watson.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 9, 2013 7:20 pm  #2403

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

September 10, 2013 5:24 am  #2404

Cute.   You also know you're a lost cause with seeing Sherlock in completely un-Sherlock things, when these items at a store, and the following ad in a magazine, both make you think of you-know-who...  ;P  (the item on left is cookie jar and not as cheap, just moved it for the pic.  there were also matching cups and salt/pepper shakers)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

September 10, 2013 7:45 am  #2405

#1: I can see what you mean 

#2: That made my day, Russell! Buttons plus "Problem?" !?!
I think I have to leave and laugh a lot now 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 10, 2013 7:55 am  #2406

This second pic is hilarious! Just what we needed. But Sherlock's chest looks a much nicer. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 10, 2013 8:18 am  #2407

Now I wonder if there are fanfics where his chest................ No. Stop. Don't want to think about it. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 10, 2013 8:19 am  #2408

Yes, stop. Please!   

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 10, 2013 8:53 am  #2409

No, don't stop. Go ahead. I wonder where this could be going...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 10, 2013 10:02 am  #2410

Oh gosh....

Er....

OK So, you know you're obsessed when you set up your ringtone as THAT QUOTE from Series 3 and then get shivers every time your phone rings.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 10, 2013 11:39 am  #2411

When you get an Amazon shopping spree for your birthday and EVERY SINGLE THING in your cart has something to do withSherlock/Benedict.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 10, 2013 5:55 pm  #2412

You're a *little* obsessed when you can see all your texts hanging in the air in front of you.

You're *very* obsessed when your friends can see them, too.  

M: Tradition, John. Our traditions define us.

Harry: ...And Mr. Holmes, the younger.  You look taller in your photographs.
SH: I take the precaution of a good coat and a short friend.

September 10, 2013 5:55 pm  #2413

Ha!  Yes!!  I just kind of blinked at the ad for a second before helplessly giggling.  They don't even realize how perfect they made it with the addition of that word!    Love it.
And the owls... I figured a lot of the forum would get it, but wasn't sure.  Gah, I'm just hopeless... not only does Ben sound like such a neat person in real life I'd love to say hi to, but his parents, too.  Ever since I read that amazing interview with him by Caitlin Moran (also an all-around-seeming awesome person whom Louise loves too) done at his parent's place, seeing owl stuff reminds me of them joking about all the bird/owl stuff his mum has around.  I don't know if it's just because they're awesome, or some other fad that owl stuff seems pretty popular, but I almost think she'd like the salt/pepper shakers I saw... 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

September 11, 2013 5:15 am  #2414

...your boss is wearing a purple shirt and all you can think of is... well, you know.

September 11, 2013 5:17 am  #2415

...and also: shoes are boring...? No, breathing, breathing's boring!

http://www.styledelmundo.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/converse-shoes-are-boring-wear-sneakers-2.jpg

September 11, 2013 4:35 pm  #2416

...when you decide to reread " A Study In Scarlet" (again) and aim to combine it with a rewatching of "  A Study In Pink"

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

September 12, 2013 8:17 am  #2417

... when you accidentally find a book in the library about Turner.
I took it home yesterday and read about his time in Germany and Swizerland. You probably know that there is in fact a painting called The Upper Falls of the Reichenbach.

September 12, 2013 1:52 pm  #2418

Ah that "Problem??" shirt ad! God, I laughed so hard! Perfect!

And thanks for the explanation, Russell. I felt completely slow not getting that owl stuff. I was like, ok, hmm... Sherlock = Otter, John = hedgehog, so who is the owl? Mycroft? lol.

Ah, I love owls stuff. While I'm typing this, I've actually 4 owls on the shelf above me and got others in the rest of the house, lol

Just like old times...

September 12, 2013 4:13 pm  #2419

It's cos Benedict's Mum is mad on owls.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 13, 2013 1:50 am  #2420

You can't resist buying a walking stick with a skull on the handle. Could have bought a clay pipe but couldn't afford both

-------------------------------------------

To Sherlock Holmes she is always the woman. I have seldom heard him mention her under any other name. In his eyes she eclipses and predominates the whole of her sex. It was not that he felt any emotion akin to love for Irene Adler. All emotions, and that one particularly, were abhorrent to his cold, precise but admirably balanced mind.

Board footera